Bacterial Sludge for Methane

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Currently Bacterial Sludge has no use other than providing light -- the block can emit light --, and free endless hassle, the block generates Sludgelings. Despite of being a liquid, you don't drown in it, you can't pick or collect the Bacterial Sludge with a bucket. If you try it, the bucket collects water instead.

I propose Bacterial Sludge can be used to produce Methane for fuel, and it can be collected with a buckets and oil extractors.

It is currently compatible with other mods like Mekanism, but I'd like to be able to collect and store it, and maybe give it some uses.

qGuOt39.png

The idea comes from the idea bacteria can process organic material and produce methane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanogenesis

Reactions: Vigilantecow

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Maybe make methane collectors and put them about 1-2 blocks above the bacterial sludge? (they produce methane, they don't become it)
the block can emit light and free endless hassle
didn't know it could make light, but i did know it makes free endless hassle... (getting killed over and over isn't really fun)

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Its a good idea that the bacterial Sludge will have advantage , but I think it should be something other not methane
I have something on mind but maybe you will make fun of me :D

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Its a good idea that the bacterial Sludge will have advantage , but I think it should be something other not methane
I have something on mind but maybe you will make fun of me :D
Now i'm pretty much eager to hear it, and don't be like all the developers who release small spoilers that you even want to get it more. :p

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Bacterial Sludge can now be collected in buckets (thanks to _EoD_) so that's something.

I kinda like the idea of a methane collector suspended over it, no reason why we can't have two ways to make methane, or other uses. Although other things are higher priority just now, this can maybe be done some time so keep the great ideas coming.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I kinda like the idea of a methane collector suspended over it, no reason why we can't have two ways to make methane, or other uses.
Probably, instead of another machine, we could collect the sludge (with Oil Extractor, buckets or Mekanism pump) and use it in the Methane Synthesizer, which would have 3 modes: Process sludge, Process hydrogen + fragmented carbon and process hydrogen + atmospheric carbon. Then we would have a complete fuel chain based on sludge, like this:

80W6jfI.png

Although other things are higher priority just now, this can maybe be done some time so keep the great ideas coming.
No problem. :)

Reactions: Vigilantecow