Better travelling in space

Aug 26, 2013
Me and I think even more players would enjoy to drive the spacecraft to planets, around them, not teleporting after X blocks straight up. I think flying to farer planets should even take more time. the player could even have tasks like dodgeing comets or fighting hostile aliens. I hope you like my idea.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I don't think flying the ships to other planets manually would be very fun. I'm sure the people suggesting it would get sick of doing it quickly, or they suggest it and the first thing they go is set up some kind of portal.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2013
I don't think flying the ships to other planets manually would be very fun. I'm sure the people suggesting it would get sick of doing it quickly, or they suggest it and the first thing they go is set up some kind of portal.
In my idea, the best would be to travel to moon in the same time, and it would be fun because it is more exciteing than not driveing the spaceship. Also, you could search for your or your friends' space station and dock.

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
As much as i love the stargates, they do not work on the moon or( IDK about mars?).
However the mekanisim teleporters do work between planets, even on mars.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
As much as i love the stargates, they do not work on the moon or( IDK about mars?).
However the mekanisim teleporters do work between planets, even on mars.

I haven't tried them on the moon, but I had a gate on my space station to go back and forth to the overworld. If it works on the space station, then I don't understand why it wouldn't work on the moon.

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Maybe that space stations are not a normal dimension, and moon/mars are, but that makes no sense.
That actual error is that gate addresses on the moon are one symbol, and then a infinity symbol going on for 10+ signs
( Gate addresses must be 7 long)
Also, the mekanisim portals, i have found you must rocket to the portal, and Shift+rclick it upon log in for other portals to accept it, if it is on the planet you log in on, its fine

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Maybe that space stations are not a normal dimension, and moon/mars are, but that makes no sense.
That actual error is that gate addresses on the moon are one symbol, and then a infinity symbol going on for 10+ signs
( Gate addresses must be 7 long)
Also, the mekanisim portals, i have found you must rocket to the portal, and Shift+rclick it upon log in for other portals to accept it, if it is on the planet you log in on, its fine

That's really odd. Maybe he updated it. There are/was config options to change gate aspects (like going both ways with one gate activation, etc).

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Me and I think even more players would enjoy to drive the spacecraft to planets, around them, not teleporting after X blocks straight up. I think flying to farer planets should even take more time. the player could even have tasks like dodgeing comets or fighting hostile aliens. I hope you like my idea.
I love the idea, especially when Tier 3 rockets come out (and they might be big enough that you enter can you can walk inside of them :D)
But don't you think the Aliens and Comets or whatever should be removed if playing on Peacefull. I don't need a bumpy ride.