Can't find oil

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Yes I've seen those as well. When I get to them they are empty however. I've spent hours looking. The only oil I've seen with my own eyes was not in a pocket. I've seen hundreds of those empty pockets.

Re-quoting,
Most of the oil you find that aren't in pockets were probably destroyed by cave generation, which made the oil appear to be free-standing in the cave.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Found some oil in a chasm. Got a screeny, then before i could switch to survival and use the extractor it vanished.

Spino288

Jul 9, 2013
Alright, I'm gonna try and use the LATEST build. These keep coming too fast. I'll see what I get.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I'm guessing Mic made some of them spawn empty on purpose, though I'm not going to jump to conclusions until Mic himself looks into it.
Mic why you trying to cheat people out on oil? lol

Spino288

Jul 9, 2013
Alright, I tried using the latest build.... Still dry... but if he made some of them spawn empty on purpose, how come when someone actually does find some, it mysteriously disappears?

Spino288

Jul 9, 2013
Disappears? How so?

For example. A few hours ago, I found a reservoir with what I thought was a tile of oil. It just occupied one block. I tried extracting it with no effect.
I destroyed the block next to it and boom. It's gone. Also what Oanarch posted, about the oil "going away" whenever finding any. Also, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say this version has a "bug" with oil generation (see attached file #1)

Also, out of topic, but..... I found my first mushroom island instead of any oil. (see attached file no.2)

Attachments

• no oil.png
    no oil.png
    677.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Mushroom Island.png
    Mushroom Island.png
    599 KB · Views: 12

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
For example. A few hours ago, I found a reservoir with what I thought was a tile of oil. It just occupied one block. I tried extracting it with no effect.
I destroyed the block next to it and boom. It's gone. Also what Oanarch posted, about the oil "going away" whenever finding any. Also, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say this version has a "bug" with oil generation (see attached file #1)

Also, out of topic, but..... I found my first mushroom island instead of any oil. (see attached file no.2)

Never had that happen before...
I found my first Mushroom Island by putting a boat in the water, and putting a box on top the W key for about 30 minutes. When I came back to it, I had crashed ashore a Mushroom Island.
But then there was the problem of getting back.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com

WHAT IS THAT SEED?

Spino288

Jul 9, 2013
Alright. I just got the updated Too Many Items mod for minecraft 1.6.2. I can spawn crude oil, and it flows and extracts fine. So now we know that the oil itself is fine, but the generation is messed up.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I still think that it's highly suspect that you need NEI or TMI to see the oil, and that it doesn't show up in regular creative mode. On the other hand neither do spawners. On the other other hand I don't know.

Spino288

Jul 9, 2013
Well, in the meantime, while I wait for a fix, whenever I find a reservoir, I'm going to put oil there with TMI to give me the feeling that I actually found something.