I need help!! CAN'T POWER CIRCUIT FABRICATOR!!

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
I just use energy cells as a ups, that is all, I run all my power though tesseracts and tesseracts to devices would work just as well. I use TE3 conduits for everything except the solar panels I had to use heavy aluminum wire for those. you don't have atomic science installed? wow you like to play it hard. damn I wont even play if I cant have my array of fusion reactors

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
I just use energy cells as a ups, that is all, I run all my power though tesseracts and tesseracts to devices would work just as well. I use TE3 conduits for everything except the solar panels I had to use heavy aluminum wire for those. you don't have atomic science installed? wow you like to play it hard. damn I wont even play if I cant have my array of fusion reactors

The tesseracts and conduits are still working and send power over aluminium wire. UE and atomic science alone don't do this so even if I have them installed both mods are unusable until galacticraft is fixed.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
can you post pictures of your setup, I am really confused on how exactly it doesn't work for you but does for everyone I know of on the latest version. could be something silly, I have done that before myself

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
can you post pictures of your setup, I am really confused on how exactly it doesn't work for you but does for everyone I know of on the latest version. could be something silly, I have done that before myself

I haven't got pictures but I did just start a brand new server, client and map (stock 1.6.4, no other mods or MCPC), I can sortof replicate the problem. I have also pin-pointed the exact block that causes the bug. When I first started the server I placed 10 advanced solar panels and connected them with heavy aluminium wire and started smelting with the electric furnace. As soon as I connected an energy storage block up it knocked out the furnace and it didn't start working until the storage block filled up. You might be thinking that it's a lack of power but I since cannot recreate this bug. If I connect an empty storage block to even 1 solar panel now the furnace continues to work. It's definitely an intermittent bug but on my main server the problem never goes away.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
you're using redstone furnace from mfr yes? which energy storage block are you using? so you are saying (if I understand correct) if you plug a advanced solar panel using aliminum wire to a (redstone) electric furnace it doesn't work

hmm never tried that. I will let you know how it goes

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
you're using redstone furnace from mfr yes? which energy storage block are you using? so you are saying (if I understand correct) if you plug a advanced solar panel using aliminum wire to a (redstone) electric furnace it doesn't work

hmm never tried that. I will let you know how it goes

It's just forge and Galacticraft.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
then you have no electric furnaces, neither glacticraft nor vanilla minecraft have electric furnaces

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
It is the electric furnace added when just galacticraft is installed.

I just tried it again in my space station on my main server. I have 8 advanced solar panels feeding in to 8 galacticraft energy storage modules that run 5 collectors, 5 distributors, a compressor and 2 furnaces. In the daytime the collectors, distributors and the compressor work but not the furnaces, they start to smelt but reset half way. At night nothing gets power and the energy modules empty themselves at a rate of 0.03Mj a second. I've tried placing the batteries in serial and parallel connections but they still power nothing.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
yea I found it was part of the glacticraft core. I had that same issue, until I added more solar panels. my guess is you don't have enough power
once I plugged it in to 16 advanced ones and made it day did it work. what an ugly little machine you cant automate that in anyway. I can see why people don't use it

2014-02-25_15.56.13.png

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
It is the electric furnace added when just galacticraft is installed.

I just tried it again in my space station on my main server. I have 8 advanced solar panels feeding in to 8 galacticraft energy storage modules that run 5 collectors, 5 distributors, a compressor and 2 furnaces. In the daytime the collectors, distributors and the compressor work but not the furnaces, they start to smelt but reset half way. At night nothing gets power and the energy modules empty themselves at a rate of 0.03Mj a second. I've tried placing the batteries in serial and parallel connections but they still power nothing.
I don't remember the power demands of each of those machines off the top of my head, but even guessing on the conservative side 8 solar panels wouldn't be enough to power all of those at once even in space with the environmental boost.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
all I know for sure is we are both doing the same thing with the same items from the same mods and mine works, only difference is I gave it more power

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
8 solars and 8 batteries was more than enough to power the base all through the night in 2.0.8 and oxygen distributors have had the amount of oxygen they require cut. The 8 solar panels do provide a ton of power but even when nothing else is connected it can't power a furnace properly. Nothing will even charge running from storage modules so more power won't help. If I add an absurd amount of solars it will smelt but 1 solar at 8kw is more than enough for 1 furnace and nothing else.

I have noticed of course that the bubble dists. and collectors now receive power from solar panels (didn't before) but furnaces and anything powered by storage modules still doesn't work. If power goes from a solar into a battery it also will stop power from going out to machines. The new server/world I created also bugs out every so often so it isn't a corrupt map.

Sorry for long post :/

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
I can recreate this bug now on my non-mcpc test server (galacticraft and nothing else). If I place an empty energy storage module on heavy aluminium wire with only it's input connecting it will stop a furnace from smelting until it is charged even if 20+ solars are used. If I place storage modules in serial everything is fine. This is unlike on my main server where they are wired in serial and nothing gets powered from batteries, furnaces and oxygen machines included. They only get powered directly from solar panels if I bypass the modules and don't start powering anything when they become full.

And yes, I turned all the solars on. :p

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
Sorry for spam but can someone confirm this is being at-least looked at? There is definitely a consistency issue with power and my server goes live to 60 people in a few weeks. I am not having a broken mod installed to peeve everybody off.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Hmm. Sorry, it's a bit difficult to picture everything and keep it all straight in my head since there are a few different circuits being described. Is it at all possible to get a wider picture of each example? I'm not sure if I can solve the issue, but I sure would love to try and help.

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
Hmm. Sorry, it's a bit difficult to picture everything and keep it all straight in my head since there are a few different circuits being described. Is it at all possible to get a wider picture of each example? I'm not sure if I can solve the issue, but I sure would love to try and help.

Sorry bout that. I'm a little autistic so I don't realise I need to explain more :p I was gonna post pics but then I worked it out:

I have actually managed to get everything working now. I think Micdoodle has mega-nerfed the distance of which you can power machines from batteries. If I place an energy storage module inline within 5 or 6 blocks of the device connecting it with heavy wire it works fine. The supply for batteries can be a good distance away with any size wire, but for machines the source has to be close using heavy wire. I guess for surge voltage, like a start-cap for an a/c irl.

I have only just worked this out now as there is still a small bug in which if you connect an energy storage module with only it's input connecting it pulls the whole network down quite a bit. I had rouge batteries around the place bugging it all out.

Example of how I make it all work:

[GENERATORS/SOLARS] ------------------any size wire---------------------[BATTERY]=heavy wire=[FURNACE/FABRICATOR]

Sorry about all the posts and I hope this post helps. I might consider doing a tutorial maybe on how to set up a vanilla Galacticraft power distribution system once I learn it some more. It works well as long as it's put together right :)

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm sure the OP will be pleased to read this too.

Last edited:

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
I was wrong. Galacticraft power is 100% broken. If you want stuff to work properly you will have to use another mod.