New Moon Buggy in the making

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
@micdoodle8 said:
So I decided to remodel the Moon Buggy, since the other one is kind of crappy...

LrrkwIa.png

<3

Reactions: Blorph

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Round wheels? The engineer behind that design must be really naïve if he belives that's gonna work.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
View attachment 334

.... just I think the satellite dish is a bit distracting.

>>>>Minecraft Was Crashed!<<<<

//"what happend?"

java.etc.etc.etc.idontknowwhattotype.
java.etc.etc.etc.idontknowwhattotypeheresodontread.

"minecraft was crashed, this could been java virtual machine not fully functional or Ezer Arch showing something round in minecraft."

"please contact mojang, or fix the issue."

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
I assume the textures are an early WIP? Judging by the noise's resolution, I think the textures might be a bit too high res for Minecraft. I'm also feeling mixed about the implementations of curves and round shapes in a game of Minecraft. Blocky shapes are like a part of the franchise's charm.

I must also agree the high-gain antenna is a bit distracting. Although, since the dish on the real moon rovers where made of a mesh you could see through, then perhaps it's just a texture work yet to be implemented?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Interesting. IMO the other one seemed too bland, but he added more details to this one that made it sweet. Well, excluding the wheels since they are not Minecraftey, but hey, wheels can't ruin an entire model, right? ........right, guys?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Wheels aren't that bad either. If they were just cubes, it'd be a "WTF, how does this run?" moment. Low-poly models are pretty okay with MC, just like MPS. ;)

(Speaking of low-poly models)

Well, the 'minecraftey' wheels I speak of are round(ish) wheels, but composed of several small blocks. Because a circle CAN exist in Minecraft, it just needs to be made of several blocks, in the same way that a circle can be illustrated by a polygon with 1000 sides.