Please, add config option for select default overworld dimention

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
Please, add config option for select default overworld dimention. We need to landing on additional multiverse world where is primary gameplay for all players. I find in GC core.conf that string: I:"Oil gen in external dimensions" so i suppose that is not difficult to you to add some like that: I:"Default overworld dimension"
On my server dim-0 is using for restricted buildings only, this dim will never be wiped. And all players builds his bases in different dim-11. So, "Oil gen in external dimensions" is specifed to dim-11 too.

Thanks.

-----

Multiverse plugin has some features on the creation of the additional worlds: new world has own folder with name, example /world/new_world like nether or ender. By default, the game has a one shared folder for all the worlds with dim's in it. And overworld files are in /world, but not in special folder for this dim. That is problem, It is much easier to regenerate a new_world as it is in a separate folder. I plan to periodically regeneration new_world, and the main world with restrictions on construction will continue to exist all time. Its a strange to launch rocket from new_world and landing on main world all time. I can do a lot of worlds in the future, and all of them to determine in the config file with the ability to launch rockets, but cant determine landing world. It's not fair.

Sorry google translate for bad english)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NicosaurusRex99

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
My question is why not have your "primary gameplay" survival dimension be anything but dimension 0? Seems you need to swap your dim11 and dim0 worlds and all is good again. Fixing this via GC is more work than it's worth since it will only apply to instances like this, and swapping the dimensions should solve things anyway.

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
Ok, lets imagine that:
1. I create desert world with name "Kazakhstan". There is Baikonur cosmodrome with some stuff for launching rockets for money (i created one about 2 years ago with system of different WG regions and automation/detection system https://vk.com/wall-35744424_8801). This is cool way to make space exploration more difficult.
2. I want landing people back to Kazakhstan. Is not it happens in real life? Right, it happens)
3. I dont want parachest to fall on the structure of the other players in primary overworld, especially within WG regions wich prevent spaceman to interact with his parachest and brake it.

With this option it is possible to achieve greater flexibility in configuring gameplay.

Reactions: NicosaurusRex99

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
The parachest sounds like a worldguard problem. I'm not super sure how that could be fixed, but I doubt Galacticraft can be to blame there. Worldguard would need a whitelist for what specific blocks could be interacted with and broken.

You want players to land at your desert world that is WorldGuarded. Is this even if they take off from your primary overworld? In that case shouldn't your current configuration function, minus the parachest?

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
1. WG have "interact" whitelist option, but not to buil/breake blocks. Its sadly but nothing we can do.
2. WG cant protect blocks from mods, i was saying about. For full control we need MachineGuardReloaded plugin.
3. At this moment i remove parachest from "blocked interaction list" MGR. Anyone can open parachest anywhere, but cant dismount it in area with restricted permissions.
4. So, Kazakhstan will be free to build/interact anywhere except cosmodrome area. Also no one can create private area in there, no resources, just a sands and stone, a world is useless for normal game.

Last edited:

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
This isn't a GC problem then if your protection is malfunctioning. That seems to be your only issue from what I'm gathering.
There is no problem with protection on my server, but with "default landing dimmention" option it is possible to achieve greater flexibility in configuring gameplay on multiplayer servers.
Also for notes:
1. I do not know how multiverse set dimmention number for worlds and how change that number. We can view number in chat/console when send command to create new worlds.
2. Multivers is better than Multiworld.

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
"There is no problem with protection on my server"
"removing parachests in restricted areas was not working" It should not, beacose global region in world have "passthrough" flag in DENY state.
If player land on private region, removing parachests cant be making also. But I warned my players: please select launching coordinates carefully to prevent landing on same coordinates in world wich can bee privated.
http://docs.enginehub.org/manual/worldguard/latest/regions/flags/

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
Yes but why not swap dim11 and dim0 so they do land where you want?
Are you siriously? That is not right way to get results, especialy when i saw about year how amazing developers of GC working on project.
2 years ago i try to generate different ores on planets with COG, it was awsome terrible, very hard for normal peple. But now we have wondefull options in GC configs for this (maybe just add option "form" for ore distributions like horizontal/vertical veins). Amazing developers)
When i and many others write about helium gas issue with GT5u devguys try to fix this very fast. Its a very difficult for they to add few strings in a config?))))
Not difficult, i suppose. They just need to get up few early on Sunday)))

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
It's not a question of if it could be added in, it's instead a question of should it.

• IIRC radfast doesn't want to add anything unnecessary to the configuration files since he considers them already quite messy.
  • Adding in a fix would take away his time for other things that could be improved/added/fixed
  • So far the only reason to add this ability in is to solve this one specific issue
  • If it does get added in, checks would have to be made so that the dimension is overworld-like (So I don't set it to a place where you normally can't launch from, such as the Twilight Forest or the End.)

Krysinski

Mar 15, 2016
Russia
deepcraft.ru
Как же иногда мне не хватает терпения переводить свои мысли на чуждый язык) Попробуйте сами.
На протяжении двух лет я пытаюсь сделать GC полезным модом для многопользовательской игры. Поверь мне, он таким не был раньше, так как на планетах нечего было делать, они были бесполезны, особенно это проявлялось на серверах с технологическим стилем игры. Благодаря многим людям с их доработками мод GC становится всё более востребован. Я на своем проекте пытаюсь выстроить интересную игру с модами и их особенностями, часто мне приходится исправлять недочеты. От этого мой сервер становится "quite messy". Я всего лишь прошу убрать небольшое препятствие, которое мешает мне и моим игрокам более комфортно играть и администрировать сервер.

"If it does get added in, checks would have to be made so that the dimension is overworld-like (So I don't set it to a place where you normally can't launch from, such as the Twilight Forest or the End.)"
Нет никакой необходимости это делать. Достаточно установить параметр по умолчанию в "dim0". Дальнейшее изменения параметра администратор выполнит на свой риск ( как и те многие параметры, которые уже присутствуют в файле настройки).