Server admin options to create public Space Stations

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I think it would be a good idea for server admins to be able to set up a spawn point Space Station/public stations. New people to the server would spawn on the station where they could read the rules, pick up starter packs (if applicable), and then head down the the planet. This would work extremely well with my Drop-Pod suggestion too.

Mar 4, 2013
Canada (duuh!)
An excellent idea! :) however MCPC+ (which is used to port forge mods into bukkit) seems to unload space stations when no one's on them, so that would be kind of tricky to overcome. :(

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
An excellent idea! :) however MCPC+ (which is used to port forge mods into bukkit) seems to unload space stations when no one's on them, so that would be kind of tricky to overcome. :(

Chunk loaders? I don't know I don't have much experience with MCPC. And I know that chunks in the overworld are also unloaded when no one's in them. That includes sever spawns. That's why chunk loaders where invented. So I don't really see the issue unless it lags and the player spawns before the station is loaded, which could happen on the overworld too.

Mar 4, 2013
Canada (duuh!)
Chunk loaders? I don't know I don't have much experience with MCPC. And I know that chunks in the overworld are also unloaded when no one's in them. That includes sever spawns. That's why chunk loaders where invented. So I don't really see the issue unless it lags and the player spawns before the station is loaded, which could happen on the overworld too.
...huh never thought of this. I go see if this works :)

sebasti161

Oct 21, 2013
I would really like to see this. It could be in set in a config like: enablePublicStation=true
and if enabled
publicStationName=Public server station

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I would really like to see this. It could be in set in a config like: enablePublicStation=true
and if enabled
publicStationName=Public server station

An admin command or maybe even a world gen option. Initial Server Station Spawn: On/Off

The idea is more to replace the initial spawn on the overworld with a spawn on the space station instead, so making individual stations public or not isn't the solution. People would still spawn initially at server spawn in the overworld, and they'd have to take a rocket up. The GUI would also list all possible destinations.

What my suggestion is; when a player logs into a server for the first time, they would start on a space station that the server admins built instead of starting on the overworld. Players who die without a respawn point set by a bed, would also respawn on the station.

Last edited:

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
I think it would be a good idea for server admins to be able to set up a spawn point Space Station/public stations. New people to the server would spawn on the station where they could read the rules, pick up starter packs (if applicable), and then head down the the planet. This would work extremely well with my Drop-Pod suggestion too.
finally a fresh new idea! and the idea is a great idea too!

Bulldog703

Nov 24, 2013
Great idea. This could be used in those galacticraft servers where your supposed to live in space, not on the overworld.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Great idea. This could be used in those galacticraft servers where your supposed to live in space, not on the overworld.

You can live where ever you want rally. I just think it would be neat for GC servers. Some servers have really awesome spawn towns or even cities. Of course they're always on the overworld though. This would give GC servers a way to really stand out and show off GC as a really awesome mod right off the bat.