The Forum In SpamBots Attack

What Is Your Suggesting For More Security System ?

• Total voters

RamiLego4Game

Dec 26, 2013
Syria ,Damascus
RamiLego4Game.dc7.us
Currently a lot of threads get created for advertising a website !
Don't replay for that threads, Report them instead as SpamBot.

Currently, The thing that tet them attach is that this forum is less security !
The way to fix that needs Micdoodle8 control,
He should add captcha to stop spam bots from registering and posting threads.
So if you can contact micdoodle8 tell him the problem.

For now don't replay for that threads,Because you will increase its rank at Google!
Moderators are working on deleting them, So to help them to find the spam threads
report them instead as spambot.

I wish if Micdoodle8 will add Anti-SpamBot technology like : Captcha,....
Also it's recommended to make the registration system hide the sender email,
And make the new users needs approval from moderators, Like Computercraft forums.​

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I heard the spammers have armies of real people who are paid $0.10/hour to enter Capchas and register on forums, so Capcha on registration does not stop them.

I don't like registration approval or auto-delays for new posters. I think we see a lot of first-time registrations from players who saw a bug or crash in Galacticraft and want to report it or ask for support immediately - if they had to wait a few days, they might lost interest. Also it's a lot of work for moderators.

What can work?
- mod approval for Thread Creation (until a user has passed a certain milestone)
- post approval for filtered posts (filter for the words "fat", "slim", "slimmer", "muscle" and its mis-spelling "mussel" would probably cover most)

RamiLego4Game

Dec 26, 2013
Syria ,Damascus
RamiLego4Game.dc7.us
I heard the spammers have armies of real people who are paid $0.10/hour to enter Capchas and register on forums, so Capcha on registration does not stop them.

I don't like registration approval or auto-delays for new posters. I think we see a lot of first-time registrations from players who saw a bug or crash in Galacticraft and want to report it or ask for support immediately - if they had to wait a few days, they might lost interest. Also it's a lot of work for moderators.

What can work?
- mod approval for Thread Creation (until a user has passed a certain milestone)
- post approval for filtered posts (filter for the words "fat", "slim", "slimmer", "muscle" and its mis-spelling "mussel" would probably cover most)

And approval for website links, Also at my forum, The new registered user can post without approval at support forum, But at the general,....
He will need approval for a limited number of posts, Also for support forum the non registered user can post but needs approval from moderator.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@RamiLego4Game, just so we're clear, I find your style of Typing Like This, Incredibly Annoying And Hard To Read. Others have made the same comment. If you carry on like this, it will affect my willingness to participate in discussions with you in future.

Reactions: obsidianpower790
May 17, 2014
@RamiLego4Game, just so we're clear, I find your style of Typing Like This, Incredibly Annoying And Hard To Read. Others have made the same comment. If you carry on like this, it will affect my willingness to participate in discussions with you in future.
Finnaly someone who actually says it. others has been like. You can write like that :p. Its so ...annoying. Its hard to read cause of the brain is harder to process large letters.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
They'll stop when it isn't in their best interest. Until then we have to live with things other people click on.