Gravity on space stations...

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It would seem more realistic to me if there was no gravity effect...
The problem: the player has no ability to grab and push walls in order to move, and their body is always straight. If the space stations had no gravity the player would be stuck "mid-air", unmovable.

Smart Moving mod has something like grabbing, climbing and a few new movements that allow player body rotation but Galacticraft doesn't support Smart Moving. Too bad.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The problem: the player has no ability to grab and push walls in order to move, and their body is always straight. If the space stations had no gravity the player would be stuck "mid-air", unmovable.

Smart Moving mod has something like grabbing, climbing and a few new movements that allow player body rotation but Galacticraft doesn't support Smart Moving. Too bad.

I don't want to start suggesting the impossible, but maybe support could be written in. If Smart Moving is detected then things like that are enabled. Smart Moving doesn't seem like a very popular mod though, so would it make sense to write features to support a mod that isn't used very much?

I think it would be a little more possible to create thrusters. Like a 3 dimensional jetpack for underwater or in space.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I don't want to start suggesting the impossible, but maybe support could be written in. If Smart Moving is detected then things like that are enabled. Smart Moving doesn't seem like a very popular mod though, so would it make sense to write features to support a mod that isn't used very much?
SM may not seem popular. Its topic has more than 7,000 replies as of today and its API is used by over 20 mods. For example, MachineMuse is working on making Modular PowerSuits compatible with Smart Moving (LINK 1 | LINK 2). I think Galacticraft could support SM instead of codding the new movements from scratch.

I think it would be a little more possible to create thrusters. Like a 3 dimensional jetpack for underwater or in space.
Indeed! That's most suitable thing for an extra-vehicular activity.

Nebula

Jul 20, 2013
laserserver.ru
On our server for this purpose, electro-jetpacks of IC2
In general, support the idea of zero gravity on the orbital stations, well, or even 2-5%
Sorry for my English :) I use Google to translate ...