Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Seriously?
http://www.physics.org/facts/air-really.asp
We withstand thousands of pounds of atmospheric pressure without ANY gear.
It is not beyond the realm of possibility to imagine a suit that would deal with this.
We have suits that deal with tremendous water pressure, and since when was minecraft reality?
My reservations are for the ability of a avatar to interact with a gaseous planet.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Seriously?
http://www.physics.org/facts/air-really.asp
We withstand thousands of pounds of atmospheric pressure without ANY gear.
It is not beyond the realm of possibility to imagine a suit that would deal with this.
We have suits that deal with tremendous water pressure, and since when was minecraft reality?
My reservations are for the ability of a avatar to interact with a gaseous planet.
Awesome! I'm really hoping for Jupiter at the next release! This thread might become an idea thread

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
No... God damn it. Jupiter's atmosphere is too darn thick,dangerous etc. This is the second time someone says "Dude its minecraft" Well i know it but adding surface of jupiter would be god damn stupid. Using it as a point to access its moons would be good, And using it as a place to create LargeSpaceStationCore.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
No... God damn it. Jupiter's atmosphere is too darn thick,dangerous etc. This is the second time someone says "Dude its minecraft" Well i know it but adding surface of jupiter would be god damn stupid. Using it as a point to access its moons would be good, And using it as a place to create LargeSpaceStationCore.
Everything in Minecraft is dangerous, so? If you don't want a surface to Jupiter, then just make an addon to it-if the micdoodle8 decides to make Jupiter.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

Hey Mr. "I think I'm a science expert". How do you know there's no surface on Jupiter? Have you been there? Can you cite even one source that confirms that Jupiter doesn't have a surface? ACTUAL astronomers have at least suggested that it's POSSIBLE that Jupiter has some kind of surface. It might not be solid rock. It could be oceans of super heated metallic liquid.

And who said we'd even go down the the surface in the first place?

I really hate when people try to argue "realism" when talking about Minecraft. It's MINECRAFT. There are floating blocks everywhere yet you're worried about whether or not the Jupiter's surface and pressure are realistic.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Hey Mr. "I think I'm a science expert". How do you know there's no surface on Jupiter? Have you been there? Can you cite even one source that confirms that Jupiter doesn't have a surface? ACTUAL astronomers have at least suggested that it's POSSIBLE that Jupiter has some kind of surface. It might not be solid rock. It could be oceans of super heated metallic liquid.

And who said we'd even go down the the surface in the first place?

I really hate when people try to argue "realism" when talking about Minecraft. It's MINECRAFT. There are floating blocks everywhere yet you're worried about whether or not the Jupiter's surface and pressure are realistic.

why does Dex reminds me of Dexter?

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
Come on guys, Going to Jupiter would be awesome, imagine gas/cloud blocks like in the aether mod, but like hydrogen or helium and imagine the seas of hydrogen and ores etc on the core. It would be awsome

Formula350

Sep 2, 2013
Its exactly 265% or 2.65x the gravity on earth.
I know Wiki isn't exactly the best reference on some things, but I think on most academic subjects (scientific, in this instance) it's fairly reliable since those articles are fully or partially locked. That being said, it indicates Jupiter having a gravity of 2.528g

I don't know how close to realism we're going for here, since it IS Minecraft... lol But one thing to keep in mind is that the Juno Atmospheric Probe (that was dropped by the Gallileo pobe), only last 58min, and based on data is thought to have failed from excessive heat. Though, I did read that Titanium (which was used in it's casing) could last up to 6.5hrs before melting... So I guess if visiting the planet does happen, we'll need Titanium Ore heh

Something else I just came to realize after reading a bunch of stuff, the metallic liquid hydrogen could be acting as a superconductor (it's only speculated right now AFAIK)... Sooo that means, you could be a walking Ben Franklin, given the increased power of Jovian lightning bolt lol So we have no surface to stand on, and only those cloud-blocks as "surface", but then there's the incredible wind to contend with :\

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I know Wiki isn't exactly the best reference on some things, but I think on most academic subjects (scientific, in this instance) it's fairly reliable since those articles are fully or partially locked. That being said, it indicates Jupiter having a gravity of 2.528g

I don't know how close to realism we're going for here, since it IS Minecraft... lol But one thing to keep in mind is that the Juno Atmospheric Probe (that was dropped by the Gallileo pobe), only last 58min, and based on data is thought to have failed from excessive heat. Though, I did read that Titanium (which was used in it's casing) could last up to 6.5hrs before melting... So I guess if visiting the planet does happen, we'll need Titanium Ore heh

Something else I just came to realize after reading a bunch of stuff, the metallic liquid hydrogen could be acting as a superconductor (it's only speculated right now AFAIK)... Sooo that means, you could be a walking Ben Franklin, given the increased power of Jovian lightning bolt lol So we have no surface to stand on, and only those cloud-blocks as "surface", but then there's the incredible wind to contend with :\

No one says you have to go to the surface or even anywhere near it.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
No one says you have to go to the surface or even anywhere near it.
Probably. Mining the gas clouds-like in Aether II, would be awesome! We can use the gas to make something, compress it, etc.
Imagine the view from Jupiter to Mars, Earth/Overworld and the Milky Way (or whatever its called) that you can view from Mars.
Also if they release Jupiter, don't you think Saturn would be visable?

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Probably. Mining the gas clouds-like in Aether II, would be awesome! We can use the gas to make something, compress it, etc.
Imagine the view from Jupiter to Mars, Earth/Overworld and the Milky Way (or whatever its called) that you can view from Mars.
Also if they release Jupiter, don't you think Saturn would be visable?
Saturn sounds good too. But hey,Someone make addon or micdoodle Add Ceres. Small asteroidy planet in the asteroid belt. Would be ideal for mining ores. And ideal for "Secret Bases"

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Saturn sounds good too. But hey,Someone make addon or micdoodle Add Ceres. Small asteroidy planet in the asteroid belt. Would be ideal for mining ores. And ideal for "Secret Bases"
ceres.jpg

Last edited: