Mars and dungeon boss playtest

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
After 4 days editing and stuff, my video is out.

Video: Minecraft: Galacticraft - Mars and dungeon boss (playtest)

Finally Mars is out! And I went there to test some stuff and kill the boss, a 3-headed creeper that shoots TNT. Lots of sludge, bacteria, obnoxious zombies and darkness.

----

This is not an actual gameplay. It's a playtest. The idea was to test the new features of Galacticraft, Mars release. I used creative mode a few times to gather the material I needed, to gear up or move around and then switch back to survival mode to take the real risk. It saved me a lot of time.

Long story short...

After landing and climbed up a mountain, I started testing the terraformer and a few things. Then I headed to the closest dungeon to fight the boss and get the treasure with schematics for a more advanced rocket.

The 1st Dungeon was broken. It didn't have the boss room. I thought the big cave was the boss room and I had to collect the egg in the middle. I spend almost a hour trying to find the boos room. Those caves extend forever.

Then I found the 2nd dungeon. In the end, after fighting armies of mobs, the way to the boss room was blocked. I opened it. I have never seen that boss before. After 6 or 7 minutes struggling, I managed to defeat it. Got the treasure key...

There are tons of things I'd like to talk about, but I'll do later on.

This video features...

Among other things:

- Tier-2 Rocket.

- New planet: Mars with its own terrain generation, new ores and blocks. Day-night cycle of 20 minutes. Make your shelter to put yourself safe before the sunset.

- Terraformer: a machine that converts martian soil into cultivable soil. Needs buckets of water, saplings, seeds, bone meal and electricity.

- Slimeling, a pet-utility mob that can transport items (like a mule) and protect the owner like a wolf. It eats anything. Don't forget to feed it to make it stronger and bigger.

- Sludge flooded caves with poisonous vines and sludgelings, macro-bacteria that attack players and hostile mobs.

- Mars dungeon: like the Moon dungeon, dark, full of hostile mobs all the way long.

- Evolved Creeper boss: a 3-headed giant creeper that shoots TNTs at the player.

Technical Details

Mods and APIs used:

- Forge 804
- Galacticraft 642 and 647 (with Planets and Micdoodle8 Core)
- Rei's minimap v3.4_01
- ShoulderSurfing v1.5.1
- Magic Launcher

Music used:

0:03 - "The Most Beautiful Day" by Professor Kliq (license CC BY-SA)
3:12 - "One Sly Move" by Kevin MacLeod (license CC-BY)
5:54 - "Enter the Maze" same
8:48 - "Satiate Percussion" same
12:05 - "Interloper" same
15:36 - "Steel and Seething" same
20:06 - "Wire & Flashing Lights" by Professor Kliq (license CC BY-SA)

Links and Credits

* Galacticraft by Micdoodle8 et al: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1687830-
* Rei's minmap by ReiFNSK: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-162-
* ShoulderSurfing by Sabar: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1619637-
* Professor Kliq: http://www.professorkliq.com/
* Kevin MacLeod: http://incompetech.com

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Awesome video.
Best way to deal with slime things: drop active TNT on their heads.
I tried the creeper boss, and I have two things to add: Build yourself a pillar made out of obsidian/dungeon wall against a corner, and climb it up, then sit there and reflect his tnt.( Blast protection armor is important for this strategy), and the boss is nonhostile if spawned on creative, and immune to damage. ( E.G Giant creeper pet!)

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Okay, my base is all set, with essential things.

pn8SVDP.png

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
It says MPS requires forge. version 849
And when i use a later versin of forge, anytime i place/use anything from mps i get a gamecrash

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It says MPS requires forge. version 849
And when i use a later versin of forge, anytime i place/use anything from mps i get a gamecrash
I got this error too. MPS #677 is crashing GCCorePlayerSP and causing player entity to tick. And I don't know what happened with the MachineMuse's repository, all the old versions are unaccessible. :S

I have an older version of MPS that works with CG. You need to install these 4 files in mods folder, for forge 804: (LINK DEAD) . Inform me if you got the files.

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
I have the files, but have not had time to test them yet.
Same result. only crafting table and lux capacitor show up, rest are hidden in creative menu
upon placing any of the items, game crashes.
Edit- The problem is with optifine hdb4

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Dev builds. However, the current build does NOT work with optifine in my experience.
(Sad for texturepacks)
Edit: I was using the B4, not the C4 version.

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
i can just say 1 thing...

EAT MY FIST!

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Dev builds. However, the current build does NOT work with optifine in my experience.
(Sad for texturepacks)
Edit: I was using the B4, not the C4 version.
Unusual as I'm using the latest optifine, and the latest dev build. Let me know if you're having trouble.

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
I was speaking in regards to Modular powersuits, which the latest dev builds are buggy, and thus I have to use the version that Ezer linked.

And Ezer, Did you change the MPS energy capacity in config?

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I was speaking in regards to Modular powersuits, which the latest dev builds are buggy, and thus I have to use the version that Ezer linked.

And Ezer, Did you change the MPS energy capacity in config?

lol everytime i try the 1.6.2 it crashes my game even with afresh minecraft mods folder.

EDIT: to be clear its build.#686 so ou know.
please can someone tell me whats wrong?