Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Yea, I was about to say something similar to that...

Here's my revised suggestion from earlier (which said not being able to enter the atmosphere at all): Gas Giants are primarily used as a hub to travel to the moons, but you CAN interact directly with the planet in the sense of gas collection. You would build a space elevator in a sense, except it would be (somehow) anchored from space instead of from the planet's surface. The roll would be to siphon off Hydrogen to use for rocket fuel, which I think should be a prerequisite of the Tier 3 rocket. Perhaps require it be connected to a Space Station in orbit around Jupiter. Heck, if you want I guess you could make it so you require a high pressure suit and then give it a time limit, different from O2 in that the suit gets physically damaged. Exceed that and it deteriorates, at which point yous dead :p Anyways, with the suit you'd then build the "harvester" portion, which if you can't complete it in time you'll have to return to the station and repair your suit for a return run. Also could set it up to have said harvester take damage and need repairs every so often. And I think it was mentioned in the Easy Air thread, about electrolysis, but that could then be how to obtain the O2 through obtaining water off one of the moons.

As for the Aether II mod debate, my stance is this: A lot of mods seem to add a whole lot more than just the small features that are being mentioned, which I'm not sure what all is involved with the Aether mod, but I suspect it's more than just walkable clouds? If so that adds a lot of clutter to the game, so I think for things like that it may just be better to either create his own version of walkable clouds or get the mod maker's blessing to include just that feature. Like the Stargate mod I mentioned in my own thread, all it adds is three Stargate blocks, the dialing device block, the related ore (ore block, the mined ore, the ingot and then block of refined ore made from ingots). I think that's it, no additional weapons or armor, so doesn't exactly unbalance things too badly.

That's just my 2-dollars and fifty-eight cents, though :D
This seems a good idea exept you can descent only a little until the pressure(so damn damn high) crushes you. Metal ball can whitstand the pressure on 3/8 depth. I think.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
100th post!!!
mpFyEAA.gif

Something special :3

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
My guess is the next dimension Micdoodle will add will be one of the two Mars Moons

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Yea, I was about to say something similar to that...

Here's my revised suggestion from earlier (which said not being able to enter the atmosphere at all): Gas Giants are primarily used as a hub to travel to the moons, but you CAN interact directly with the planet in the sense of gas collection. You would build a space elevator in a sense, except it would be (somehow) anchored from space instead of from the planet's surface. The roll would be to siphon off Hydrogen to use for rocket fuel, which I think should be a prerequisite of the Tier 3 rocket. Perhaps require it be connected to a Space Station in orbit around Jupiter. Heck, if you want I guess you could make it so you require a high pressure suit and then give it a time limit, different from O2 in that the suit gets physically damaged. Exceed that and it deteriorates, at which point yous dead :p Anyways, with the suit you'd then build the "harvester" portion, which if you can't complete it in time you'll have to return to the station and repair your suit for a return run. Also could set it up to have said harvester take damage and need repairs every so often. And I think it was mentioned in the Easy Air thread, about electrolysis, but that could then be how to obtain the O2 through obtaining water off one of the moons.

As for the Aether II mod debate, my stance is this: A lot of mods seem to add a whole lot more than just the small features that are being mentioned, which I'm not sure what all is involved with the Aether mod, but I suspect it's more than just walkable clouds? If so that adds a lot of clutter to the game, so I think for things like that it may just be better to either create his own version of walkable clouds or get the mod maker's blessing to include just that feature. Like the Stargate mod I mentioned in my own thread, all it adds is three Stargate blocks, the dialing device block, the related ore (ore block, the mined ore, the ingot and then block of refined ore made from ingots). I think that's it, no additional weapons or armor, so doesn't exactly unbalance things too badly.

That's just my 2-dollars and fifty-eight cents, though :D

I'm using the FTB Direwolf 1.5.2 pack, and there's clouds you sink into and basically stand in. Don't know which mod adds them, but they are there. Jupiter could be something similar.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Galacticraft is a science based mod, so there is no reason to walk on clouds without anything to allow you to. So you should have to have something, and anything from the Aether is a good item. All that's needed is collaboration etc.
I like the idea! We need a special suit or something to harvest gas

Alright so i have been looking forward in making a thread like this in awhile so i decided that i should do it.
BLACK HOLES

Black Holes would appear very rarely on the GUI screen. If you launch to a black hole in Survival, Hardcore or Adventure mode-you get sucked up and die. However, if you are in Creative you would get sucked up and teleported to a random planet (Earth/Overworld, Moon or Mars). If a Black Hole appears on the GUI screen you can click the "Send to dimension" button to acess it. If you are in a tier 2+ rocket and launch to a Black Hole you have a chance of surviving my moving to the opposite way the Black Hole is.

Would be nice in my main thread's idea. You know, the flying through space stuff. You see a black hole, only really far away though.

Formula350

Sep 2, 2013
I'm using the FTB Direwolf 1.5.2 pack, and there's clouds you sink into and basically stand in. Don't know which mod adds them, but they are there. Jupiter could be something similar.
Yea that's in FTB Ultimate as well (or whatever it is I have heh). I do really like that one, since it also works as a fall dampener, alas I must agree with...
Galacticraft is a science based mod, so there is no reason to walk on clouds without anything to allow you to.

I'd say a jetpack would work here, but if we're sticking to science, the Jovian winds would kill any use of a jetpack lol Unless.... Yep! We need a Time Dilation Generator :D

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Yea that's in FTB Ultimate as well (or whatever it is I have heh). I do really like that one, since it also works as a fall dampener, alas I must agree with...

I'd say a jetpack would work here, but if we're sticking to science, the Jovian winds would kill any use of a jetpack lol Unless.... Yep! We need a Time Dilation Generator :D

Science also says that with the right density you can stand on water or at least float. Pressure and displacement also play a part in that. Probes they launched into the atmosphere of Jupiter died before they fell deep enough to see this. Had they been able to resist the pressure and temerature, I'm sure they would have stopped falling before getting anywhere near the planet's surface. There's probably a point when buoyancy comes into play in Jupiter's atmosphere.

Also science says that blocks fall down, but Minecraft and galacticraft have absolutely no issues with you placing blocks in the air. Science argument defeated once.

Space has no gravity yet space stations in Galacticraft obviously do. Science argument defeated again.

I can go on, but I think I've made my point.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Galacticraft, the mod what is trying to be the most realistic in minecraft. No Jupiter's surface,please. Only to use it as a window for Jovian moons, Or to get gravity assistment.