New Block for Galacticraft

Kbtech

Sep 8, 2013
Can you add a new block to Galacticraft that can store power inside has 20-25 mega joule capacity. The item is like a backup generator or a power pack that can store a great amount of power. For example on the moon i have solar panels, in the day i have power for all my things but at night the solar panels cannot see the sun so my items have no power. So at night i really cant do anything. Also since moon day and night are longer than actual minecraft days less things to do.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I support the idea.

1 sealer and 2 oxygen collectors demand 12 kW of power. A full moon cycle is 160 minutes long. Therefore, it would require....!!! .... 115.2 MJ of energy storage :eek:.

Unless micdoodle8 screwed up the idea of 1W = 1J/s.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
There are tons of mods that add tons of power storage options. People probably will never (or very rarely) play Galacticraft on it's own, so the energy storage isn't really needed.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Battery boxes with a battery in it stores 7.5MJ.
Isn't it strange that a portable handhold battery can store my energy than a bulky battery box? :S

If I want to power a lunar base of 30kW, I'd need 288MJ. With battery inside battery setup my base would still require 20 battery boxes... freaking bills!

Last edited: