Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Windows windows....After you have done a new planet or asteroid, And it has moons,Make the moon only accessible by first entering the "Ex." Jovian system,then you can access the moons of Jupiter. At mars,IF you add Phobos and Deimos,make them accessible by first entering the Martian system. You get the idea? Good. Because i think this is logically thought idea.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
And what would be the point? It seems just like the "explore space instead of GUI at 1200" idea. It doesn't really add anything except a waste of time and an unnecessary roadblock between the player and where they want to go.

At most, a planets moons would be available under a submenu that could be accessed from any space GUI. It would just make the menu less cluttered, and a slight learning opportunity teaching people each planet's moons.

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
your not really keen too anyone's ideas are you?
I'm keen on good ideas that have a point. Ideas like this, that add nothing good to the mod... not so much.

If you bothered looking around instead of just commenting when I poke holes in your beloved ideas, you'd see that there are plenty of GOOD ideas that I do like.

In this case, I gave an alternative to the suggestion.

At least I give reasons why ideas wouldn't work or wouldn't be worth implementing, which is more than I can say for most people debating for or against ideas around here.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Not pointing at Dex. If you're going to post your opinion, dont be surprised if someone elses opinion differs. If your having trouble with the concept of opinions let me help you.

In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred. An example is: "America was involved in the Vietnam War" versus "America was right to get involved in the Vietnam War". An opinion may be supported by facts, in which case it becomes an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact.

Opinions aren't fact. PERIOD. Everyone has their own. PERIOD.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
On the other hand. Ideas spread like wildfire, and even the smallest can seed great ideas in others. Which is why we don't discourage ideas here. Most ideas need refining to work. No one is saying here that you cant dream, but to see dreams in reality they must work with the rules applied to reality.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Yes.

Just because a logic is applicable to something it doesn't mean that it can be applied to everything.

What I could propose is a small tweak in the Planet Select, the items would be arranged in a tree structure, the moons should be appended to the their respective planets and so on.

Which is exactly that I suggested. You'd still be able to go where you want, but the GUI would be slightly less cluttered.