Space Debris/Asteroid Fields on Space Stations

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
A couple possible ideas to make life on a space station a little more interesting and risky could be space debris or asteroids. Basically take the meteoroids from the moon and add them to space stations, though with less frequent impacts since it is a much smaller target. Could give you reason to need airlock redundancies and a jet pack for repairs.

Not a huge leap of an idea, but shakes things up a little

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I like the idea. Of course have the config option to set the frequency or turn it off completely.

Maybe have a command in game to turn it on or off on a per station basis. Server admins might want to have it on, but not for public/server spawn stations (if that ever becomes an option).

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I like the idea. Of course have the config option to set the frequency or turn it off completely.

Maybe have a command in game to turn it on or off on a per station basis. Server admins might want to have it on, but not for public/server spawn stations (if that ever becomes an option).

Maybe micdoodle should add a very very very rare meteor rain on the moon, you need to have a base that is atleast stronger than iron or made out of tin blocks. :p

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Maybe micdoodle should add a very very very rare meteor rain on the moon, you need to have a base that is atleast stronger than iron or made out of tin blocks. :p

That too. It would be nice if they were also on the overworld too. Have the rare meteor/shooting star, but also have the more regular showers like we do on Earth.

We have the annual Perseid meteor showers. A meteor shower on the overworld every minecraft year would be neat. An extra spectacular meteor shower could be coded in and activated during the real life Perseid showers as a sort of event. Some other mods have special hats or items appear during certain holidays. I think it was Railcraft that had presents appear during the Christmas holidays. Afterwards they disappeared. Could be neat to have something like this for meteor showers IRL.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh