Artificial gravity for your land base

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
You could at least tell, that this idea is from my thread :D
But good that you made special thread for it, maybe someone will make it.

i know it was your idea but as you said, i made a special thread for it.

you do not have to read the bottom

Iso has nice legs.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
There could be gravity sealers and gravity distributors the color would be purple instead of blue.

gravity distributors wouldnt be a great idea i think. cuzz the gravity needs to SEAL a place not a unsealed 18% gravity outside.

your "Gravity Sealers" are the gravity blocks i meant.

but i think we can better name them Gravity Sealers.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I like the idea of a gavity block, but I think it should react to a redstone signal rather than need to be in a sealed room. Gravity and oxygen are independent things.

You place the block and give it a redstone signal, and it'll pull entities up to X blocks above it down towards it. I say X blocks so that players would be able to play other blocks above it to make things look pretty. Think of it as gravity plating under a floor. Having the block use a redstone signal rather than the seal mechanic would let players control gravity within rooms with or without oxygen. Turning off/on gravity while players are entering or leaving through airlocks for instance. Imagine you entering your space station after a spacewalk. The outside airlock closes and before the inside one opens, your gravity plating is turned on pulling you down to the floor. Once you touch down, the inner airlock opens and you can walk into the rest of your base.

Meanwhile you might have a machine room where you'd want to turn off the gravity to go replace some piping, but would still want to breathe.

It would be cool to also have a second tier of gravity block that would let the player actively decide the amount of gravity (or lack thereof).

A third tier could also let the player decide the amount AND direction of gravity. That could be used in neat game rooms or PVP arenas (think Battleroom from "Ender's Game").

tpa_545

Sep 16, 2013
This is exactly what I (and many others) shoud need. The idea is perfect. And it shoud not be that hard to fix the code for self the gravitation. What I can understand about coding this(I have no coding experience at all, but I'm thinking this is possible), they can put the activation code from the airlocks together with the gravitation code from the gravitation on planets and the overworld. Or have I wrong? I would not be surprised if I have wrong. :)

tpa_545

Sep 16, 2013
I like this idea as much as I like the other thread about this, called "Artificial gravitation". I hope some type of Gravitation Generator will be added.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The gravity Core should be used to make grav-plating work. The Grav-plating would basically be slabs connected to the core, so you can have different grav levels in different area's or quickly change the gravity in an area.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Place Grav-plates on under side of blocks for -G's = walking upside down? :D

I don't even know if that's possible in MC. I suggested in another thread about this that it would be cool if a player could hide the grav-plating under other blocks. So people could still have their wood floors or whatever, but have grav-plating holding them down under it. Being able to put it in walls and ceilings could be cool too. Especially when creating neat Battle-Room (Ender's Game reference) type PVP arenas.

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
I don't even know if that's possible in MC. I suggested in another thread about this that it would be cool if a player could hide the grav-plating under other blocks. So people could still have their wood floors or whatever, but have grav-plating holding them down under it. Being able to put it in walls and ceilings could be cool too. Especially when creating neat Battle-Room (Ender's Game reference) type PVP arenas.
maybe just use like 4 grave plate in a square exp 10X10 area and everything in that 10X10 area is affected by those grav plates

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
maybe just use like 4 grave plate in a square exp 10X10 area and everything in that 10X10 area is affected by those grav plates

I was thinking more grav-plating = slab like block except that it can be turned an placed on walls like a cover from RP2 (maybe make the slab as thin as an Rp2 solar panel). Cover your floor in the slabs and connect a grav-generator to one of the slabs. The player could then set the gravity amount in the generator connect a power source and give it a redstone signal, and the plates would pull entities towards them with the appropriate pull.

The way I imagine it, the plates would look like grey RP2 solar panels, but be placed in the world like an RP2 cover. They would also function like an RP2 solar in the sense that all grav-plates that are touching would essentially function "as one". Blocks can be placed on top of them and still have the gravity effect, so people can hide them and not have to give up aesthetics. and the redstone signal lets players turn them on and off, which would be useful in airlocks and PVP arenas.

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
I was thinking more grav-plating = slab like block except that it can be turned an placed on walls like a cover from RP2 (maybe make the slab as thin as an Rp2 solar panel). Cover your floor in the slabs and connect a grav-generator to one of the slabs. The player could then set the gravity amount in the generator connect a power source and give it a redstone signal, and the plates would pull entities towards them with the appropriate pull.

The way I imagine it, the plates would look like grey RP2 solar panels, but be placed in the world like an RP2 cover. They would also function like an RP2 solar in the sense that all grav-plates that are touching would essentially function "as one". Blocks can be placed on top of them and still have the gravity effect, so people can hide them and not have to give up aesthetics. and the redstone signal lets players turn them on and off, which would be useful in airlocks and PVP arenas.
you mean kind of like the thickness of the carpet on minecraft?

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
you mean kind of like the thickness of the carpet on minecraft?

Don't know. Never used carpets in minecraft. Didn't even know they existed, so I assume you're talking about some other mod. Probably everyone that's ever played modded minecraft knows what RP2 and would probably also know what an RP2 solar panel is and what it looks like.

Block_Solar_Panel_%28RedPower%29.png

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
Don't know. Never used carpets in minecraft. Didn't even know they existed, so I assume you're talking about some other mod. Probably everyone that's ever played modded minecraft knows what RP2 and would probably also know what an RP2 solar panel is and what it looks like.

Block_Solar_Panel_%28RedPower%29.png
carpits got put in regular minecraft in the last major update. I think 1.6