Atomic science issues with GC

garner fenoms

May 2, 2013
Emmett
Hi, i was playing survival but i cant make steel plates, smelt tin or copper, nor can i make any other types of plates since they are essential for rockets. I did some trouble shooting and i came to the conclusion that atomic science is causing the problem. Can anybody help?

Deor

Sep 16, 2013
I had this problem when i first set up GC with Mekanism and Atomic Science a few weeks ago. In the end it seems the only way to fix it was to remove Atomic Sci as there are several items that dont have config options to change the IDs and these are overwriting things like plates in GC/Basic Components. Obviously you could work out the ID conflicts and change them in the other mods so Atomic Sci can do its thing, but that was harder than i felt i wanted to work when its clearly down to Atomic Sci to get its config file in order!

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
I had this problem when i first set up GC with Mekanism and Atomic Science a few weeks ago. In the end it seems the only way to fix it was to remove Atomic Sci as there are several items that dont have config options to change the IDs and these are overwriting things like plates in GC/Basic Components. Obviously you could work out the ID conflicts and change them in the other mods so Atomic Sci can do its thing, but that was harder than i felt i wanted to work when its clearly down to Atomic Sci to get its config file in order!

While I agree that is is buggy, and not worth having in its current stage, the id conflict is not its fault, because atomic science was not designed with galacticraft in mind.

garner fenoms

May 2, 2013
Emmett
Well i tried removing Atomic science and i still cant craft steel plates with mekanism steel.
I'll just wait for my mods to update to 1.6.4 and see if that works.

Deor

Sep 16, 2013
While I agree that is is buggy, and not worth having in its current stage, the id conflict is not its fault, because atomic science was not designed with galacticraft in mind.
Its more the fact that there is no config options for some of the items that i was referring to. Not many mods are designed with other mods in mind really (and indeed cant be given just how many mods there are these days), hence most developers providing config files to tweak IDs to fit with other mods.

Deor

Sep 16, 2013
Well i tried removing Atomic science and i still cant craft steel plates with mekanism steel.
I'll just wait for my mods to update to 1.6.4 and see if that works.
Ah, its coming back to me now, the Atomic Sci thing was stopping iron plates being crafted! I also remember the Steel ingot problem tho, we have railcraft and Tinkers Construct installed too so i think what we ended up doing was turning the mekanism steel into blocks and then back into ingots. This changed the ID of the ingots and then it worked, if a little annoying.