Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I was watching a doc yesterday: "a landing on Jupiter is not gonna happen, haha... Jupiter itself is a very gassy planet. It's made of gas. So, you wouldn't have a solid surface on which to land, you just keep descending through the clouds and maybe eventually crushed by the pressure of Jupiter atmosphere" (link).

Well... I want any planet, but if Jupiter gets added as a landable planet......
Next steps:
1) Landable sun
2) Landable blackhole

Just kidding... ;)

I'd prefer Venus first. If you want a very hostile environment with volcanoes, lava rivers, toasting temperature, very acid and dense atmosphere and lightning all the time, Venus is the place to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: OpelSpeedster

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
I was watching a doc yesterday: "a landing on Jupiter is not gonna happen, haha... Jupiter itself is a very gassy planet. It's made of gas. So, you wouldn't have a solid surface on which to land, you just keep descending through the clouds and maybe eventually crushed by the pressure of Jupiter atmosphere" (link).

Next steps:
1) Landable sun
2) Landable blackhole

Just kidding... ;)

I'd prefer Venus first. If you want a very hostile environment with volcanoes, lava rivers, toasting temperature, very acid and dense atmosphere and lightning all the time, Venus is the place to go.
I like Venus too. I really want some kind of challenge, because Mars and the Moon aren't that big of a challenge in survival.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
because Mars and the Moon aren't that big of a challenge in survival.
Sure, except by the ballet-dancing zombie hordes.

MAHAREv.png

... okay, it's rather an annoyance than a challenge. D:

Aug 31, 2013
Finland

Next steps:
1) Landable sun
2) Landable blackhole

Just kidding... ;)

Volcanoes yes, but they aren't steep volcanoes due to the gravity. Google "Ksp eve". That is the planet i want but sadly it would be too purple. Maybe configure the colours? And make Venus have a small natural satellite(Not a satellite, i mean celestial object).

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Oh god, this is beginning to get crazy, lol.

I can see someone suggesting that we should add giant planets with a mouth that can eat your spaceship.... oh wait...

Oh god, this so makes me wish that Modular Powersuits was updated for 1.6.2...

Last edited:

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
....?

It was updated. Just MachineMuse didn't make the proper announcement. As proof, I recored a microphone test with GC and MPS yesterday.

Yeah, I noticed that after I explored in the main site's link and found the 1.6.2 version. The thread said it was still for 1.5.2. However, the main link to download the 1.6.2 version is botched up(always gives a 404 error), so I had to browse his account to manually find the 1.6.2 version. And when I downloaded & installed that 1.6.2 version... this happens.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Okay, the list is increasing:
1) a landable Jupiter
2) a landable Sun
3) a blackhole in the solar system
4) Venus has got a moon.

It's getting mildly interesting. Next... :3
But this is not unrealistic(i mean, compare: Land on jupiter or venus has a moon?) Sorry but this is caused by KSP. (Eve, and its tiny asteroid moon Gilly) Just suggested...

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Getting back on the topic, Starcraft 2 needs good ideas like these I would LOVE more suggestions. My only requirements are to make it realistic to what could be existent NO ALIENS OR UFO'S!!

Actually, it would be extremely probable that there is alien life. Just not in our star system, they likely reside in another star system. Far or near, they're likely there. The question is if they are friendly or not.

Now, I don't imagine every alien being evil conquest-hungry psychopaths who want to destroy humanity with no remorse just so they can take one planet out of millions(though I'd understand if they were after it's resources, or something like that), but unfortunaly there may be more hostile aliens then friendly ones out there.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Why would they ever destroy a resource machine? They would probably trade information and electronic parts with us instead of killing us. Starcraft 2 will contain new aliens (like the moon ones) but they trade things like ion thrusters.

I meant kill humanity so they can get the resources themselves. I mean, there probably will be some aliens that will be less courteous than others and just kill who owns the big thing so they can keep the big thing to themselves instead of trading. Not that I support this act, though.