Ambient oxygen indicator on the HUD

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Currently, what's the best way to know if the place or room has breathable air or not? Just take the mask off: if you derp, it's bad; if nothing happens, it's good.

But I don't like this method. I would like to be informed if the ambient is really safe for me to take the mask off. You know, sometimes you are in a half-a-heart situation... or even building a room and repairing stuff, I don't want to go back and forth to check out if the sealers are working or not.

The ambient oxygen indicator would be displayed beneath the O2 tank meters in the HUD whilst you are using the Oxygen Gears, as if the Oxygen Gears had some kind of ambient O2 sensor. If green, the place is safe. If red, the place lacks O2.

2013-10-15_22.12.29.png
[reverse psychology]Please don't pay attention to the chat. ;-) [/reverse psychology]

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
that would be soooo nice,I got kiled multiple time by creeper that have unsealed my base when I gone minning,this is not a good idea but a must have

also,what ressource pack do you use? looks really beautiful

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
My way of checking if there is oxygen is by deploying a torch. It works precisely like a low-tech oxygen detector. There is also the more high-tech solution known as an Oxygen Detector. It actively emits a redstone signal whenever the environment is pressurized, so not only is it capable of giving an all-clear signal, but it can also be wired to seal off specific sections of your base in the event of a leak.

Nevertheless, I do agree the HUD should be directly capable of telling the player whenever it's safe to take off the helmet.

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
Yes, it's beautiful. It's Aeon 1.6.2: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/aeon-1355543/ (requires MCPatcher for some items to work)

But Aeon 1.6.2 is a bit incomplete, then I created a pack remix with Aeon Legacy 1.5.2, armors from Distant Anomaly, chests and items from A New World and LEDCraft.
so it's a custom texture pack you made?
that should explain why I can't find it anywhere,I'm using AEON 1.6.2 too,that's why I haven't reconized it,since you changed glass,chests...

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Yes, I would like that. Great idea!

Yes, it's beautiful. It's Aeon 1.6.2: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/aeon-1355543/ (requires MCPatcher for some items to work)

But Aeon 1.6.2 is a bit incomplete, then I created a pack remix with Aeon Legacy 1.5.2, armors from Distant Anomaly, chests and items from A New World and LEDCraft.

Fun fact: 'Aeon' is an abbreviation of a fictional alien species in the SporeWiki fiction universe, who's full name is Aeoneonatrix Empire. I'm allied with them. :p

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Real fact: Aeon is "life time" in latin and greek. ;)

Well, that would likely make sense with the older Aeoneonatrix, the one who fought after evil to preserve good life so it would last longer than if it were to be destroyed, just like the Waptoria Alliance of Species and the Tadpole Empire(my empire). Now it's just an empire with silly laws and (in a way) enslaves other empires, according to a transmission they sent in the Universal Discussion Board.

And now I'll stop advertsing that wiki.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Just stumbled upon this:

Inspired by video game, makers construct wearable wrist computer for space explorers
http://singularityhub.com/2014/05/0...-wearable-wrist-computer-for-space-explorers/

While it seems not to have to do with my idea, this part drew my attention:
The team wrote, “The goal was to bring environmental sensors into an easy-to-use cuff device that could help a wearer determine if their environment is safe for navigation or helmet removal.”

------

EDIT (2017-05-22)

Screnshot from Spacewalk game:

757jqDT.png

(video)

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Did you even read that? Ezer wrote that he doesn't like to wear off oxygen mask!

By the way, tier 2 space gear module? By tier 2 I mean you can make it after land on moon.