Land Rocket Safely.

1029chris

Feb 13, 2013
SPAAAAAAAAAAACE
I would like to use space ships not only just to get to space, but to get around the map. if you tilt the ship to the side you can go very fast across the map, but there is no safe way to land it. It would be cool if there was emergency landing gear you could attach to your ship to land it if it got out of control or if you are using it just to get around.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
I have been thinking of some other form of spacecraft (well, not really spacecraft) that would allow you to explore faster. The rocket is meant for getting off the planet, so I probably won't allow safe landing of it... but I do like the idea of having a faster way to explore, so I might add another similar vehicle. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: PureTryOut

1029chris

Feb 13, 2013
SPAAAAAAAAAAACE
I have been thinking of some other form of spacecraft (well, not really spacecraft) that would allow you to explore faster. The rocket is meant for getting off the planet, so I probably won't allow safe landing of it... but I do like the idea of having a faster way to explore, so I might add another similar vehicle. Thanks for the suggestion.
What I meant was: In the Crossbow 2 mod, you can add attachments to your crossbow, so how about an attachment for rockets, like landing gear? It would allow you to land back on the planet safely in case something went wrong with the rocket. Thats what I meant.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Your separate thread might be something I can add.

For this spaceship, maybe I'll do a "emergency ejection" keybind that deploys your parachute and gives you the spaceship item back.

Ghaz_ranka

Feb 14, 2013
Your separate thread might be something I can add.

For this spaceship, maybe I'll do a "emergency ejection" keybind that deploys your parachute and gives you the spaceship item back.

I would prefer to have it as a config option to get the spaceship item back because it seems rather unrealistic that it magically appears back in your inventory if you eject.