Why to add Jupiter and black holes

Aug 26, 2013
Adding Jupiter would solve many thngs in galacticraft. Here are my ideas:
I think driveing the spacecraft manually should be absolutely added, and navigateing to black holes and the Jupiter from your map could solve getting to black holes. And don't forget that there's a ring of asteroides between Mars and Jupiter, so even there would be a reason for your tier2 rocket's overstrong plating. Also, thick plating could make possible to penterate to Jupiter's atmosphere in red flames. Because Jupiter is made of gas and you can't survive at its deep surface, you will need some kind of aircraft to fly between storms and your floating bases. If moon dungeons' schematics contain 2 vehicles, and mars's 1, so you could find your aircraft's schematic on mars. The most important: why to go to Jupiter? Its atmosphere is made of gases, so you could refine it to more powerful fuel, that could solve getting other galaxies. Also, in your Jupiter base, you would need a lightning rod ;) !

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
Another reason to add jupiter is if you did all that coding for a gas planet and stuff now you will have a templet to work with on planets added later.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
...You people need to play Kerbal Space Program,then come talk about planets and other stuff.

Why? They are two very completely different games. I don't understand what you don't understand. Your "realism" argument fails. That's obviously what you were getting at. AGAIN. Just let it go. Realism has nothing to do with Galacticraft or Minecraft for that matter.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Normally, I'm heavily against landing on Jupiter and other Gas Giants, but if Mic decides to add them in anyway, I won't complain.

I'm with Dex. besides, arguing will leave micdoodle with a split decision and make Jupiter take longer!

Micdoodle never said he would implement Jupiter. Remember, he should likely be focusing on the inner planets first(since it would make more sense to have a Tier 2 Rocket only be able to access the inner planets), which would mean that Venus is more likely to be implemented than Jupiter. Plus, we don't even know how Jupiter's landscape could look like, while we can have a basic idea of Venus' landscape.

Also, remember that Ceres is closer to Earth than Jupiter is. That makes it two planets(well, Ceres is a dwarf planet, but still) that Micdoodle could implement instead of Jupiter.

Off-Topic: CaptainTurbomuffin's avatar sometimes looks like a Minecraft Jupiter sprite to me somehow.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Normally, I'm heavily against landing on Jupiter and other Gas Giants, but if Mic decides to add them in anyway, I won't complain.

Micdoodle never said he would implement Jupiter. Remember, he should likely be focusing on the inner planets first(since it would make more sense to have a Tier 2 Rocket only be able to access the inner planets), which would mean that Venus is more likely to be implemented than Jupiter. Plus, we don't even know how Jupiter's landscape could look like, while we can have a basic idea of Venus' landscape.

Also, remember that Ceres is closer to Earth than Jupiter is. That makes it two planets(well, Ceres is a dwarf planet, but still) that Micdoodle could implement instead of Jupiter.

Off-Topic: CaptainTurbomuffin's avatar sometimes looks like a Minecraft Jupiter sprite to me somehow.

Even with Venus we fall into the same issues as with Jupiter and other planets. Realistically, we can't land on Venus either because of the pressure and the intense heat. I think it was the Russians that sent a probe there. The probe was gone minutes later.

Then again, realistically you can't put up lava in an iron bucket. Water doesn't flow 7 blocks and then stop. Rocks don't magically float in the air.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
The Russians have a hard time getting a probe on mars. I don't think we should discount venus on account the russian's probe failed.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Even with Venus we fall into the same issues as with Jupiter and other planets. Realistically, we can't land on Venus either because of the pressure and the intense heat. I think it was the Russians that sent a probe there. The probe was gone minutes later.

Then again, realistically you can't put up lava in an iron bucket. Water doesn't flow 7 blocks and then stop. Rocks don't magically float in the air.

Well, I guess that makes sense. Unless Mic adds in a cooling system to the spaceships and maybe to the player(Modular PowerSuits has that feature). That could solve the intense heat issue, but I'm not too sure about the pressure thing.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Even with Venus we fall into the same issues as with Jupiter and other planets. Realistically, we can't land on Venus either because of the pressure and the intense heat.

I do as well consider visiting Venus to be kind of stretching it, but compared to Jupiter, Venus' a paradise. In comparison to Venus' atmospheric pressure of 90 bar and surface temperature nearing 500 °C, Jupiter's is not only respectively about 2 000 000 bar and 5000 °C. but it's also be extremely radioactive. It's about at this point one could good as well try a manned Solar landing.

Still, a suit that could operate on Venus would be a technological marvel. It would probably be some kind of hard-shell suit (akin to an atmospheric diving suit) constructed out of titanium. I'd imagine the heat shielding could be comparable to an entry suit, as those are capable of protecting a wearer from temperatures of up to 1000 °C. It would of course still require an active cooling system in order to maintain the internal temperatures.

Taking pressure into account, it's actually not a strict necessity to protect the wearer from it. The human body can already withstand considerable pressures if allowed to acclimatize, and if the astronaut on top of that is breathing a breathable liquid, the internal pressure in his landing craft (which at the same time could operate as an acclimatization chamber prior and after the landing) and suit can possibly be increased to the extent of matching the Venusian surface pressure. So theoretically, a hybrid suit could work pretty well on Venus.

I think it was the Russians that sent a probe there. The probe was gone minutes later.

Actually, there was up to 9 different Soviet landers that successfully reached the Venusian surface. Even though there was some technically issues caused by the extreme environment of Venus, they actually operated beyond expectations. The planned design life was only around half an hour for a typical Venera probe, but in practice they managed to survive atleast twice as long. Typically the mission life time wasn't affected by the landers' structural integrity, but due to the relaying satellites moving out of communication range during orbit.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
1zzhx0p.png

Thread over. Doesn't matter what's in reality. Minecraft isn't about reality.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Nah, who really needs a life in the reality when you can reside within the boundaries of Minecraft wherever you go. That's how I lost my theoretical life and became engaged in anti-intellectualism. :p

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Why? They are two very completely different games. I don't understand what you don't understand. Your "realism" argument fails. That's obviously what you were getting at. AGAIN. Just let it go. Realism has nothing to do with Galacticraft or Minecraft for that matter.
Duude? It's not "realism"... It's just poor flying at Jupiter. What's the fun? Floating castles inside it... Wow...