Space Station escape capsules/drop pods

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I still really hope this gets added to GC at some point.
GiantWaffle said that Micdoodle8 is working on Jupiter so i suppose this is maybe going to be added...
About 20% chance of implementing because Micdoodle8 hasn't been on the forums for a long time...

zachie828

Nov 5, 2013
If micdoodle can't make this soon, some awesome coder could just make it a addon until mic adds it (which he should)

zachie828

Nov 5, 2013
True, i'd love to make this reality but i can only make some textures...
Well, I also do you have friends that are really good coders. Well, actually, now that I think about it, the fans (that are coders) could make the addon then present it to mic, sort of like a fan-made part of the mod.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Well, I also do you have friends that are really good coders. Well, actually, now that I think about it, the fans (that are coders) could make the addon then present it to mic, sort of like a fan-made part of the mod.
That could work!
Too bad that i can't make it... I can only make some textures... (fun through, replacing bedrock skin with diamond skin... My friend wasted hours on that >:D)

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
An added bonus would be that server admins could drop care packages randomly around the planet. If they build a system to auto-craft the cargo only pods and fill them with some basic items, and then drop using the tier 1 launchers and a redstone timer.

If a good coder wants to try their hand on this, I wouldn't mind. It doesn't even have to necessarily be an add-on to GC. If it's anything like I envisioned, it would get a download from me.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
An added bonus would be that server admins could drop care packages randomly around the planet. If they build a system to auto-craft the cargo only pods and fill them with some basic items, and then drop using the tier 1 launchers and a redstone timer.

If a good coder wants to try their hand on this, I wouldn't mind. It doesn't even have to necessarily be an add-on to GC. If it's anything like I envisioned, it would get a download from me.
I'd download it also, and "care packages?" That'd be epic xD

SurayTR

Feb 22, 2014
Turkey
LOL i make a Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy Mega Easy drop pod thingy... There are the photoz.

Entrance:
ek31.png

Inside: (with buttonz)
v9b9.png

Looking to the World:
q02l.png

Looking up from down side :
zyqt.png

Outside:
hlr3.png

Looking from far downside (lol) :
bkk9.png

Yeah i know its NOT GOOD. But its a small idea ^^

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
LOL i make a Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy Mega Easy drop pod thingy... There are the photoz.

Entrance:
ek31.png

Inside: (with buttonz)
v9b9.png

Looking to the World:
q02l.png

Looking up from down side :
zyqt.png

Outside:
hlr3.png

Looking from far downside (lol) :
bkk9.png

Yeah i know its NOT GOOD. But its a small idea ^^

I've had something similar to this in various projects. It's not technically a drop pod since there's no pod :p

I even experimented with putting water. I was hoping the laws of minecraft would allow the stream of water to continue in the over world. I've even tried putting water down on the over world to break my fall, but it just didn't look right.

An unwritten extra to my suggestion would be that the parachest wouldn't drop because it just wouldn't be needed.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I really wish I didn't have to delete the original thread and all the support it had due to spam. I really wish I was a moderator. No spam bots posting about kitchens, no idiots posting random crap all over the place just to get their post counts up. A nice organized forum would be lovely.