How to build an easy and safe Airlock System(SSP-SMP Support)(UPDATED)

Does this works for you?

• Yes, thanks.

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No,

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
UPDATED:
I have deleted the old topic and made this new one because of the update that added the airlock controler.

please dont judge me of the bad quality because i did not had much time to do all the picture and stuffs.

1_ you will need all stuff i have in my hotbar, (+ 1 lever, i forgot to put it in)
2013-11-15_22.20.58.png

2_ Take your airlock/controller, and build it like how i did. after that right click the airlock controller and enable "Opens on Redstone Signal".

2013-11-15_22.23.58.png

3_ Test if the airlock is working: (With a redstone signal)

2013-11-15_22.25.06.png

4_ After that, start making a 2x7 platform right next of it.

2013-11-15_22.25.46.png

5_ Make another airlock and do the same as you did in step 2, put on:"Opens on Redstone Signal".

2013-11-15_22.29.42.png
2013-11-15_22.31.36.png

6_ Test the other one out (Also with redstone signal)

2013-11-15_22.31.48.png

7_ Take you lever and do what i do..

2013-11-15_22.33.32.png

8_ take your redstone and do what i do..

2013-11-15_22.33.56.png
2013-11-15_22.34.13.png

AND NOW: TEST IF IT WORKS!!

Please comment down below and say what you think about it..

Reactions: thiago1255

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
It's good that you updated this to be accurate with the controllers. One thing though. Since the air lock controllers have the "Invert Selection" option you should be able to have one air lock set to be inverted and the other not inverted. Then you could build this without the redstone torch (inverter) and the block it's mounted to making it more compact.

Galbi3000

Oct 31, 2013
Today I made a video for another thread that shows me making a simple but elegant airlock using a computer from ComputerCraft to control the opening and closing of the airlock. It uses buttons and not levers so it can be opened from inside the station/habitat, from inside the airlock and from outside. Just press one of the 3 buttons and the airlock cycles :)

Here is the video:

And for easy reading of the program code here it is:

redstone.setOutput("left", true)
redstone.setOutput("right", false)

while true do

sleep(0.1)
if redstone.getInput("back") then

if redstone.getOutput("left") then
redstone.setOutput("right", true)
sleep(1)
redstone.setOutput("left", false)
else
redstone.setOutput("left", true)
sleep(1)
redstone.setOutput("right", false)
end
end
end

Enjoy :)

Reactions: Spajky32

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
It's good that you updated this to be accurate with the controllers. One thing though. Since the air lock controllers have the "Invert Selection" option you should be able to have one air lock set to be inverted and the other not inverted. Then you could build this without the redstone torch (inverter) and the block it's mounted to making it more compact.

Sounds good to me, thanks for all the feedback people!

jasiu10

Nov 14, 2013
and what should i do when i use the Lapito Modpack which does not have the Airlock controller version?

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
You can also set the controller to "Player is within 1 meter" to get a nice controller.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Well, I was looking for one that would actually

: open | closed

me --> : -button- |

push of the button

| me |

| --> : me

: - | me with button to open the closed door

Uhhh, I don't really understand that diagram, but I can say that there are ways you can wire up Redstone circuits to open and close with the press of a button. I mean you press a button once and it opens. You press it again and it closes. And it will work the same from whichever button you press. I think it's a toggle circuit. I think Project Red (or Red Power) have compact versions of the circuits too so they don't take up too much space.

Uhhh, I don't really understand that diagram, but I can say that there are ways you can wire up Redstone circuits to open and close with the press of a button. I mean you press a button once and it opens. You press it again and it closes. And it will work the same from whichever button you press. I think it's a toggle circuit. I think Project Red (or Red Power) have compact versions of the circuits too so they don't take up too much space.

An airlock that will never have both doors open.

Doghead

Nov 19, 2013
Should be pretty simple. The airlock is closed when powered, right? In that case doubling up the signal should work - just route one though a repeater set to a short delay so it takes longer to switch off than it does to switch on.