Oil and Fuel Piping

need2

Dec 5, 2013
I've seen this mentioned in old threads, but I was curious if there has been any progress on this.

Specifics:
Some form of piping is needed to support the interface ports on the sides of the Refinery, and the fuel intake on the Fuel Loader. Only pipe that I can currently find in the game is the Oxygen Pipe, which does not connect.

Obviously you can walk the fuel from point A to point B with Fuel Canisters, but there are some situations where this may not be ideal. Please do not take me wrong, I am not intending to whine. I am more curious if this is something already being worked on or if I am completely missing something.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I'm curious to hear what people say about this. I can tell you that there are no fluid or transport pipes that come with Galacticraft, but there are sealable versions of some of the pipes in Buildcraft which would imply that those pipes are compatible. Having said that, I can use Buildcraft pipes to pump fuel into a fuel loader just fine, but only when pumped out of a Buildcraft tank. They don't seem to pump directly into or out of the Galacticraft refinery, or at least not for me. So I suppose that could be a work-around in the meantime. You could pump oil to a tank, take it from the tank and put it in the refinery by hand, take the fuel from the refinery and put it in a different tank by hand, and finally pump it to a fuel loader. Obviously this still isn't ideal, but at least you don't have to run "miles" back and forth until there is a solid answer.

FatedOne

Oct 14, 2013
I can pump oil into the refinery with the help of other mods but the input and output are reversed to what the gui shows. What I mean is, pump oil into the right side and extract fuel from the left.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I've seen this mentioned in old threads, but I was curious if there has been any progress on this.

Specifics:
Some form of piping is needed to support the interface ports on the sides of the Refinery, and the fuel intake on the Fuel Loader. Only pipe that I can currently find in the game is the Oxygen Pipe, which does not connect.

Obviously you can walk the fuel from point A to point B with Fuel Canisters, but there are some situations where this may not be ideal. Please do not take me wrong, I am not intending to whine. I am more curious if this is something already being worked on or if I am completely missing something.
I'm curious to hear what people say about this. I can tell you that there are no fluid or transport pipes that come with Galacticraft, but there are sealable versions of some of the pipes in Buildcraft which would imply that those pipes are compatible. Having said that, I can use Buildcraft pipes to pump fuel into a fuel loader just fine, but only when pumped out of a Buildcraft tank. They don't seem to pump directly into or out of the Galacticraft refinery, or at least not for me. So I suppose that could be a work-around in the meantime. You could pump oil to a tank, take it from the tank and put it in the refinery by hand, take the fuel from the refinery and put it in a different tank by hand, and finally pump it to a fuel loader. Obviously this still isn't ideal, but at least you don't have to run "miles" back and forth until there is a solid answer.

What he said,

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I can pump oil into the refinery with the help of other mods but the input and output are reversed to what the gui shows. What I mean is, pump oil into the right side and extract fuel from the left.

Curious, which mod(s) did you use to accomplish that? The pipe "fittings" on the sides of the refinery are color coded yellow on the left side and grey/black on the right side for fuel and oil respectively which sounds the same as what you described, but neither fluid seems to go in or out either side even if I switch them. I thought maybe you need a Buildcraft pump to extract the refined fuel from the refinery at least, but that doesn't work either so I just use the method I mentioned above. It works fine, but I would prefer direct piping.

Last edited:

FatedOne

Oct 14, 2013
I've used thermal expansion fluid conduits as well as the ones from enderio. Buildcraft should work too and probably even the transfer nodes from extra utilities.

On a side note I'm colorblind so I never realized they were color coded.

need2

Dec 5, 2013
I am hoping to do all of my adventures in space with only Galacticraft, so it sounds like I'll have to be pipeless for a while.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I am hoping to do all of my adventures in space with only Galacticraft, so it sounds like I'll have to be pipeless for a while.

That was originally my intention as well, but then I found that there are so many little things that enhance the gameplay in subtle ways that I decided to add them. I hardly use most things they add, just simple things like pipes and pumps from Buildcraft and lights from Project Red. Not to mention that it seems like several popular mods almost expect you to already have the other big mods. Example: Galacticraft's sealable pipes.

Last edited:

_Unit

May 22, 2017
It's your boy Necroposter 101
-
Instead of using the refinery from galacticraft you can also use the refinery that comes with Buildcraft!
Sure, you might have to make a new powergrid, if you don't have one already. And it is a bit bulkier, but it's fully automatic, you can hook up your Fuel loader and rocket straight on it!

Side note, this is for galacticraft 2, not the most recent version but hey, it works.

PyroSweets

Jan 6, 2019
Yeah so I was looking through this issue and it turns out that if you are playing Tekkit or any modpack with Thermal Expansion, you can use fluiducts as an adapter between the Galacticraft refinery and BC pipes.