Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Do you agree to these two ideas?

• I agree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I just want Jupiter

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
How would a LIQUID and GAS planet be possible in a game? The mod is supposed to based on real life. Just in the future or something. :p

1) How could anything be possible in the game? Where there's a will, there's a way. I've seen so many other impressive things that people never thought would be possible happen in Minecraft.

2) Who says it's supposed to be based on real life?

3) If it's the future, then any number of things could be made up to explain anything as has been discussed many many times over in this very thread.

fazefakie12

Dec 3, 2013
1) How could anything be possible in the game? Where there's a will, there's a way. I've seen so many other impressive things that people never thought would be possible happen in Minecraft.

2) Who says it's supposed to be based on real life?

3) If it's the future, then any number of things could be made up to explain anything as has been discussed many many times over in this very thread.
Do you just go around insulting everyone on the forums by disagreeing with everything they say? That's all I've seen you post. Insults that always disagree with something someone said. People like you are called trolls. Trolls like to start full on flame wars. That's what you are trying to do. Seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. People have opinions. They can state their opinions if they want. They don't post things just so you can go and defy them. And there's a difference between being a troll and trolling. I honestly don't even care what you say anymore, because all you do is just try to start flame wars. If you want more people to like you, try considering someone's opinion before putting them down. And if you don't agree with someone, simply tell them that you don't agree with what they said and tell them a way to revise if you can. Every post I see from you is just arguing with anything and everything. I am kindly asking you to stop. And if you post anything putting me down, I won't care in the least because I personally dislike you right now. So, unless it's something positive or simply telling me you disagree, just say so. You don't have to spend 20 minutes thinking of some way to disagree with someone and put them down. Don't just go scavenging for fights. It's going to get you nowhere.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Do you just go around insulting everyone on the forums by disagreeing with everything they say? That's all I've seen you post. Insults that always disagree with something someone said. People like you are called trolls. Trolls like to start full on flame wars. That's what you are trying to do. Seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. People have opinions. They can state their opinions if they want. They don't post things just so you can go and defy them. And there's a difference between being a troll and trolling. I honestly don't even care what you say anymore, because all you do is just try to start flame wars. If you want more people to like you, try considering someone's opinion before putting them down. And if you don't agree with someone, simply tell them that you don't agree with what they said and tell them a way to revise if you can. Every post I see from you is just arguing with anything and everything. I am kindly asking you to stop. And if you post anything putting me down, I won't care in the least because I personally dislike you right now. So, unless it's something positive or simply telling me you disagree, just say so. You don't have to spend 20 minutes thinking of some way to disagree with someone and put them down. Don't just go scavenging for fights. It's going to get you nowhere.

When have I insulted you? Last time I checked disagreeing with someone wasn't an insult. Sorry if you can't argue with facts. When have I trolled you? I haven't. All I did was counter your arguments for why you think Jupiter shouldn't be added to the mod. As I stated numerous times and you outright ignored, several possible ways to make Jupiter happen have already been discussed in this thread (and others). If you bothered to read before posting opinions based off of nothing.

This is is a forum. It's purpose it discussion. If you can't handle people pointing out problems with your opinions, then maybe you shouldn't post them. Again, I never put YOU down. I asked very simple questions.

If this mod is supposed to be realistic, who said so and where? I've never seen any mention of the mod being realistic from anyone other than posters like you assuming it is for no reason other than the moon is called "moon" and there's a planet called Mars. Asking you to back up your statements isn't trolling nor is it a personal attack. You taking it as a personal attack is what's wrong, and that isn't my problem.

Also, I doubt you looked at my posts before attacking me, or you would have seen tons of posts where I give suggestions or add ideas to other people's suggestion. ;)

Oh and I posted this in another thread. The general message applies here too:

I kinda wish people would stop trying to draw parallels everywhere. Minecraft is a game set in a fictional place where blocks float in mid air and water only runs 7 blocks. People play it to escape reality. Making it feel more like a simulation kinda defeats the purpose.

That being said, it doesn't really matter how fast a planet rotates in the real world. Minecraft isn't Earth anyways nor should it be. The planets in GC just happen to share the same names and some similar characteristics. It's all a matter of coincidence though (and easier to draw inspiration from something you're familiar with).

Whenever Mitch implements the next planets, the arguments that the day/night cycle on it are wrong could easily be squashed by simply "a large asteroid hit the planet and changed it's speed of rotation" or my "it isn't the same planet" response.

Last edited:
Reactions: livid

livid

Sep 16, 2013
Please stop, nobody said this is supposed to be based off real life; and i hope that if another solar system is added is proxima aquari

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Please stop, nobody said this is supposed to be based off real life; and i hope that if another solar system is added is proxima aquari

Stuff like this is probably going to be added eventually, but he's barely started on the current solar system as it is. Lets try to not jump too far ahead :p

I have a feeling Mr. Faker is Alex's newest account. Just a hunch though.

livid

Sep 16, 2013
Stuff like this is probably going to be added eventually, but he's barely started on the current solar system as it is. Lets try to not jump too far ahead :p

I have a feeling Mr. Faker is Alex's newest account. Just a hunch though.

I' m not saying mic should add proxima aquarii in the next update, im saying that if another solar system is added i hope that Will be proxima aquarii or centauri

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
No worries I-wanna-a-landable-Jupiter people: I've just discovered that Jupiter is a solid and eatable.

ccjupitercake08.jpg

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
I get annoyed when people say " You cant land on a gas giant because its made of gas only" That's not the case! a gas giants is a VERY thick layer of multiple gases on the outside, then on the inside, a metallic hydrogen sea, followed by a rocky core

Reactions: livid

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I never understood that either. I mean I don't know THAT much about astronomy, but I always thought that was the case. It's not like it's just a giant cloud of gas floating in space. If it had no core I imagine it wouldn't have enough mass to create an atmosphere.

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It's not like it's just a giant cloud of gas floating in space. If it had no core I imagine it wouldn't have enough mass to create an atmosphere.
The sun is 99% made of hydrogen and helium with a little of heavier elements, however it is a monster in mass...

... okay, I'll stop. D:

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
I get annoyed when people say " You cant land on a gas giant because its made of gas only" That's not the case! a gas giants is a VERY thick layer of multiple gases on the outside, then on the inside, a metallic hydrogen sea, followed by a rocky core
you would get crushed by the pressure... but this is Minecraft so whatever it is not real life.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Ok, now that I've actually educated myself some I'm not so sure I feel you should be able to land on it either...IF it's based solely on real life. But, as always, it's a game so it could be made to have features that make it appear like Jupiter, but have a different structure so it is a useable planet just for the sake of gameplay.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

I think even that's conjecture. I don't think we know what's really down there. We've sent probes, but I doubt any of them made it all the way to the surface. Then Scientists make educated guesses about what could be down below.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
I think even that's conjecture. I don't think we know what's really down there. We've sent probes, but I doubt any of them made it all the way to the surface. Then Scientists make educated guesses about what could be down below.
I agree. We can't really make the decision whether or not landing on Jupiter is realistic, because it hasn't been proven if you can or cant. However, I still argue that whether you can land on dense blocks of hydrogen/ "The rocky core", the mass amounts of pressure would just obliterate you. Although, you still only need a helmet and no EVA suit in galacticraft so I guess we can make that acception :p