Ideas for Eve...Ahem i mean Venus.

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
I think it might be more interesting if there wasn't anything (outside of creative) to completely remove the danger of corrosion on a player level. Maybe some kind of anti-corrosive blocks to build a base out of, but going outside puts you in danger of getting your armor corroded through.
Well, that would be what corrosive mobs and liquids would be for, plus you already have to deal with oxygen, your suit can completely resist corrosion and and pressure, to a point, which barely surpasses Venus's natural pressure and corrosion, but acid-thriving mobs will see you as something scary and spew corrosive liquids at you that are naturally found on Venus, and not only does it hurt you, but it can damage your suit, and if your suit is damaged too much (doesn't take much) then the atmospheric corrosion and pressure will start chipping it (and you) away

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
But then you say no to science.
Every hazard should (most of the time) have a protection. And thanks for not trying to derail this thread into a fight for your own pleasure.
No wonder threads always end up in an argument, you make it seem like you want it to happen with how you talk around Dex. xD Unless you are genuinely thankful.

Last edited:

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
acid-thriving mobs will see you as something scary and spew corrosive liquids at you that are naturally found on Venus

Although, there is actually no notable amounts of stable acidic substances on the Venusian surfaces. The even already very minor constituents of sulfuric acid in the atmosphere may condense into rain, but it vaporizes even before reaching the surface.

Yet, assuming there was a mob supposedly living on underground deposits of sulfur, maybe it could be a Venusian cousin to the creeper which could cause acid damage.

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Although, there is actually no notable amounts of stable acidic substances on the Venusian surfaces. The even already very minor constituents of sulfuric acid in the atmosphere may condense into rain, but it vaporizes even before reaching the surface.

Yet, assuming there was a mob supposedly living on underground deposits of sulfur, maybe it could be a Venusian cousin to the creeper which could cause acid damage.
Cool idea, but we need something more than just a Venusian creature that blows up and is then gone, sure that can be one mob, but what about some sulfur eating monster that spits acid at you as a defense? Maybe you are mining for rare ores in the Venusian caverns and you see this little creature scurrying about, that almost looks kinda cute, and you approach the mysterious thing. Then it puffs itself up to look more threatening and starts spitting sulfuric acid solution at you, and suddenly, your armor becomes partially melted, and your exposed to the atmospheric pressure (not to mention that the little spitter is still terrified of you, and won't stop spewing acid)

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Well, that would be what corrosive mobs and liquids would be for, plus you already have to deal with oxygen, your suit can completely resist corrosion and and pressure, to a point, which barely surpasses Venus's natural pressure and corrosion, but acid-thriving mobs will see you as something scary and spew corrosive liquids at you that are naturally found on Venus, and not only does it hurt you, but it can damage your suit, and if your suit is damaged too much (doesn't take much) then the atmospheric corrosion and pressure will start chipping it (and you) away
yeah but even mobs can be controlled to a certain extent. Even in Vanilla, You get to a point in the game where zombies, skellies, Ghasts, and all the rest are nothing more than an occasional nuance really. Once you get to Venus, I would assume the player's handle on their oxygen supply is pretty under control and a non issue really. Mobs on venus or anywhere really would end up pretty much the same as vanilla. Once you get set up (sometimes even before that), they become a non threat.

That's why I suggested armor not give full protection against the corrosive atmosphere. That way it's a constant threat, and a challenge. Your base could be built out of materials that would fully protect it and it's occupants. The lack of armor that fully protects against corrosion could be made under the pretense that the suit would be too heavy and/or bulky to wear. In order to get a suit that's wearable the material had to be thinned out or used as plating on the suit, which would decrease the protection it offers.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
yeah but even mobs can be controlled to a certain extent. Even in Vanilla, You get to a point in the game where zombies, skellies, Ghasts, and all the rest are nothing more than an occasional nuance really. Once you get to Venus, I would assume the player's handle on their oxygen supply is pretty under control and a non issue really. Mobs on venus or anywhere really would end up pretty much the same as vanilla. Once you get set up (sometimes even before that), they become a non threat.

That's why I suggested armor not give full protection against the corrosive atmosphere. That way it's a constant threat, and a challenge. Your base could be built out of materials that would fully protect it and it's occupants. The lack of armor that fully protects against corrosion could be made under the pretense that the suit would be too heavy and/or bulky to wear. In order to get a suit that's wearable the material had to be thinned out or used as plating on the suit, which would decrease the protection it offers.
Hmm, good idea, maybe once your base is set up, some creature finds your base and is either freaked out, or malicious and gathers its "friends" and together they start spewing highly corrosive acid at your base and start melting it down

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Cool idea, but we need something more than just a Venusian creature that blows up and is then gone, sure that can be one mob, but what about some sulfur eating monster that spits acid at you as a defense?

It wouldn't necessarily blow up, or not atleast as its primary mean of attack. Maybe the Venusian creeper cousin could be that monster capable of spiting some nasty stuffs against you.

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
It wouldn't necessarily blow up, or not atleast as its primary mean of attack. Maybe the Venusian creeper cousin could be that monster capable of spiting some nasty stuffs against you.
Little cave critter approaches you then suddenly lets out an ear-shattering screech, and about 50 more of them show up, puff out their chests and spew gallons of gear corroding, skin melting acid at you that leaves you exposed to the harsh atmosphere and their acid

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Little cave critter approaches you then suddenly lets out an ear-shattering screech, and about 50 more of them show up, puff out their chests and spew gallons of gear corroding, skin melting acid at you that leaves you exposed to the harsh atmosphere and their acid
You WANT that implemented? I'll go and call in favors to have Micdoodle8 at it JUST FOR YOU! Have fun. :D (That is scary.)

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
You WANT that implemented? I'll go and call in favors to have Micdoodle8 at it JUST FOR YOU! Have fun. :D (That is scary.)
I think it might be pretty cool, because for some reason it seems that the monsters that look hostile are hostile, and the ones that look passive are passive. Minecraft needs peaceful looking mobs that see you as a threat if you get too close (especially to a nest) and will call in reinforcements and fight if they feel threatened (I also considered the idea of hostile looking mobs that attack only when provoked, and the unsuspecting player might mistake them for a hostile creature, and get brutally slaughtered for messing with them)

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Speaking of mobs, I toyed with the idea of giant Venus fly traps that literally have traps for the unsuspecting player, and, almost in an execution style kill, close their mouths and drown everything inside with corrosive sulfuric acid to start digesting you

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Speaking of mobs, I toyed with the idea of giant Venus fly traps that literally have traps for the unsuspecting player, and, almost in an execution style kill, close their mouths and drown everything inside with corrosive sulfuric acid to start digesting you
This game is no longer child friendly. Children under the age of 8, please leave the forum now. xD

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
This game is no longer child friendly. Children under the age of 8, please leave the forum now. xD
Hmm, maybe there should be a "rated M" modpack, starring the new "GoreactiCraft" addon (where all the blood and bits are left in) to GalactiCraft (LOL)

zargon21

Nov 27, 2013
Probably if Ezer Arch is reading this, can you give me screenshot?

Lots of flat area...Every "mountain" would start ascending really gradual.
Lots of lakes/seas filled with acid, It would rain acid all the time.
Since the atmosphere is really thick and filled with acid, you would need high tech stuff & energy fields. Future-tech needed. Rocky surface 50% of it is liquid acid and other really bad stuff.
I'm gonna add more stuff later, say it in comments.
I'm had an idea with regard to armor, have something like the QuantumSuit in tekkit (not sure which mod) where you have desh armor as like the "base" for the other high heat & acidity suit (HH&A) pieces (compressed metioric iron would be the otherwhere with the boots you have desh boots between the top two plates an just a normal recipe besides the same for the chest (desh chestplate in the center) and the legs (desh legs at the top) however the helmet would be made with, a desh helmet at the top, two metioric iron plates on each side, and a glass pain (or tinted glass pain) at the bottem.

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
If I misinterpreted the concept of using threads of the same idea for posting suggestions, please feel free to move this post to a separate thread.

Venus:

After looking over this similar suggestion, I've decided to post my thoughts on adding Venus.
Traveling -
To travel to Venus, you would need the bare minimum of a Tier 2 Rocket and the usual gear for Oxygen. (Temperature seems to not have been added as of the current GC3 Beta Version, and will be ignored in this part of the post.)
Arrival -
Upon arrival you may notice your temperature bar rise considerably, and that the sun rises from the west, and sets in the east. You may also notice your metal tools and armor starting to corrode / lose durability, and slowly some of your metals and wood you are carrying are beginning to disappear after leaving the rocket's cargo. This is because of the extreme temperature, and corrosion.
Temperature -
Temperature on Venus is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius). Temperature changes slightly traveling through the atmosphere, growing cooler farther away from the surface. When on the surface, or near it, holding metal items will set you on fire if you do not have the Thermal Suit equipped. Metals will also slowly degrade, or rarely disappear and "melt" away. Wood items will also be set on fire and be destroyed if in the inventory, dropped, or placed. Farther above the surface metals would no longer melt, or set you on fire, but wood will still burn away. The list of melt-able metals includes:
  • Zinc
  • Lead
  • Tin
Corrosion -
Corrosion will degrade your metal armor and tools over time, eventually breaking them.
Biomes -
If distinct biomes were to be added to each planet, Venus would include the following:
Venus Mountain
Venus has high mountains, the temperature at the peaks of the mountains is lower than anywhere else, and is the only place where ore can be found, and metal will not melt.
Venus Volcano
There is strong evidence that volcanoes have erupted on Venus in the recent past, but we do not have direct proof. But, that won't stop us from suggesting it, right?
Venus Rift Valley
There are rift valleys as large as the East African Rift (the largest on Earth). A rift is "a large elongated depression with steep walls formed by the downward displacement of a block of the earth's surface between nearly parallel faults or fault systems."
Venus Meteor Crater
There are examples of meteor craters on Venus, even though the surface of Venus has been smoothed by recent lava flows and interaction with the corrosive atmosphere. Because of the corrosive atmosphere, smaller meteors burn up before reaching the surface.
Ores -
Because of the extreme temperatures near the surface these ores only generate in the mountain biome. The ores you can find are below, along with uses that have been color coded for how related to GalactiCraft it really is:
Bismuth

Bismuth could be used to create several random and possibly helpful items.
  • Automatic Sprinklers, which I see little use for besides for safety inside your Venus base.
  • Electric Fuses, which I also see no real use for besides using it as a red stone that expires after use, and won't run out for power after 7 blocks. It would have to be either cheap, otherwise there would be no want to waste Bismuth on it.
  • Precision Wrench, likely the only good use for Bismuth. Bismuth can give certain metals machining properties. This could be an upgrade to the Standard Wrench, and allow players to decide the exact location for input and output.
  • Bismuth "sticks"?
Silver
Silver is used in filters to keep bacteria out, and used in photo-voltaic panels.
  • Advanced Solar Panels now require silver in the recipe.
  • Water Purifier could be made to purify water on future planets/moons and used in crafting machines or advanced versions of older machines that have filters.
  • Silver could be used in several small gadgets and electronics.
  • Silver tools? Silver armor?
  • Silver could coat glass to reflect heat, and be a valuable base building item.
Lead
Lead is very resistant to corrosion.
  • Lead pipes could store corrosive stuff, who knows what storing it would be good for.
  • Reinforce your outer walls of your Venus base so the blocks don't just corrode away, and all the blocks inside are safe from corrosion.
  • Lead tools?
  • Lead "sticks"?
Tellurium
I'm truthfully not too sure about this one, sorry for my self confessed lack of successful results in finding information.
  • Could be used like Bismuth to make a Precision Wrench.
  • Used to make Blasting Caps, to set off primary explosions with a secondary explosion.
Inhabitants -
On the lovely planet Venus, there are several "new" species to be found living here, they seem to have Evolved from several Nether mobs, but look different and don't have oxygen gear:
Nova Blaze - The Nova Blaze sports a purple to blue texture, a larger (and altered) model, and more health. It now attacks by spraying out fire particles in an astric *, then retracts and has to charge back up before sending it out again. Being hit will light you on fire.

Venusian Ghast - The Venusian Ghast is smaller, but faster, has more health, and shoots faster at the cost of explosive damage.

Refined Magma Cube - This is basically a larger Magma Cube that can jump higher with a new attack style. Now doing less contact damage, it causes a small filled circle of fire to appear after dropping to the ground after a jump, not knockback. It could also just shoot a ring of fire particles that set you on fire if you're hit by them. The refined comes from the Magma Cube being tamed by Evolved (Zombie?) Pigmen, and mostly spawning inside and on the outskirts of a Venusian Citadel.

Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman - I lied, this mob does wear oxygen gear. The Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman is slightly larger, like all other evolved mobs are currently, and has more health. Instead of gold swords, they use Silver Axes.

Magma Jockeys - Magma Jockeys are simply Evolved (Zombie?) Pigmen on Refined Magma Cubes. They are not rare, just uncommon.

Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss - The Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss would only spawn in Venusian Citadels, and would be more of a MiniBoss, as several would spawn in the Citadel. They are much larger than the Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman and could possibly use flails to attack, along with charging you.
Structures -
Venusian Citadel(s) are a harder version of the Nether Fortress, and is the location of Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Bosses.
Machines & Blocks -
There's a problem with building a base on Venus, you can keep the corrosion out with some sort of Lead block exo-barrier, but you can't keep the heat out unless you made the entire base out of silver coated glass. The solution would be to use a Thermal Cooling Controller to lower the temperature so items, or players, don't burn up. To lessen the cost of building a Thermal Cooling Controller, or Oxygen Sealers, in every room without putting holes in walls, we can make Oxygen Vents an actual block called Vent that doesn't count as a solid block and thus oxygen/thermal cooling would pass through it while still keeping the walls look nice, and reducing the cost of having oxygen sealers in each room. (If I'm incorrect about needing a sealer for each room, please tell me so I can change this to purely aesthetic purpose.)

Last edited:
Maybe add a another mob called the 'Molten Golieth' a giant boss mob made of venusian brimstone with a fiery lava core. And I wantes to ask is that big Zombie pigman with a flail original or did you see it somewhere, because I did.

Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss - The Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman Boss would only spawn in Venusian Citadels, and would be more of a MiniBoss, as several would spawn in the Citadel. They are much larger than the Evolved (Zombie?) Pigman and could possibly use flails to attack, along with charging you.