GalactiCraft Music Discs & Sounds

Should GalactiCraft have music discs and more sounds implemented at one point?

• Not really, it's space!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Just, no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
GalactiCraft is amazing in my opinion, but lacks stuff in the background that doesn't change the game, but makes it less. . . [ERROR]. GalactiCraft has its important, core features that are required for it to be galactic, but, smaller things are good to add as a side-project and just to make it nicer.

My suggestion; I've spent the time before I made this thread going over posts on other threads, one of which talking about the GC theme song, got me thinking when I made music for it. Why not GC music discs?

record_synthetic.png
MoltonMontro - Synthetic

Terrain Sound
Moon - Cave - Synthpad

record_trance.png
Music Disc
MoltonMontro - Trance

record_afraid.png
Music Disc
MoltonMontro - Afraid

record_acid.png
Music Disc
MoltonMontro - Acid

For those unfamiliar with MineCraft music discs, they are discs found in dungeon chests, such as 13 and cat, or earned by making a skeleton kill a creeper, such as all those other discs.

To obtain these discs, there should be an 8% chance to find a few songs, while the rest are earned by making an evolved skeleton kill an evolved creeper. Classic! The 8% comes from the chance of getting cat and 13 from vanilla dungeons.

For those unfamiliar with spooky cave sounds, when your in a cave a spooky cave sound plays.

Below are a list of songs and music I've created as an idea. If they are implemented, the format is like other music discs which you probably know.

Music Disc
[Company] - [MusicName]

The "Music Disc" is what is used as the name as all music discs in vanilla MineCraft and mods. Below it is the author or company. If one of these musics were added, it would either be MoltonMontro, GCMP, GC, GalactiCraft, or Void Productions. GCMP being GalactiCraft Music Production, GC being GalactiCraft. MoltonMontro being my username and the actual author, which is why it is listed. Void Productions is listed because it's as close to an actual group. The actual author's username, GC, or GalactiCraft would likely be used for this part. After the dash is the actual name of the song/music. Synthetic for example. Below is an example of a vanilla disc and a disc of mine. (Music discs song titles on vanilla are lowercased, mine will be capitalized to avoid confusion. Also, on vanilla all disc names are only one word.)

Music Disc
C418 - 13
Music Disc
MoltonMontro - Synthetic

I also have music clips for terrain sounds, such as cave noises. Those are listed about the same way in my list of all the songs at the top.

If you add your own, ORIGINAL, music to this thread, please have a link to it, a picture of the texture of the disc if made, and the actual disc name. EX:
Music Disc
MoltonMontro - Synthetic
The Music Disc is not changed, the word under it is the author or company that made it, and after the dash is the song title.

If you are uploading an ORIGINAL sound for terrain, please use a format of the following.

Terrain Sound
Moon - Cave - Synthpad

The Terrain Sound isn't changed, the first word "Moon" is for the currently available "dimension." The second word is where it occurs. The third is the name.

♫ Synthetic ♫

♫ Synthpad ♫

♫ Trance ♫

♫ Afraid ♫

♫ Acid ♫

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Thinking of some sounds like Kerbal Space Program...
But those sound like epic boss battles in space. (maybe for some current bosses?)
I started thinking about that when I made them xD

I'll add the ways to get them at the top. Dungeon chests have an 8% chance of containing some discs while and evolved skeleton has to kill an evolved creeper for the rest. Classic!

Reactions: AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I started thinking about that when I made them xD

I'll add the ways to get them at the top. Dungeon chests have an 8% chance of containing some discs while and evolved skeleton has to kill an evolved creeper for the rest. Classic!
Nice going there!

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Afraid was suppose to sound like the fight against one of the bosses. I don't think Micdoodle8 can code something where music plays in a small room, though. Maybe. It would still be awesome on disc though!

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Afraid was suppose to sound like the fight against one of the bosses. I don't think Micdoodle8 can code something where music plays in a small room, though. Maybe. It would still be awesome on disc though!
Maybe if the boss spawns...
You can just constantly play the battle music over the "Walking music"

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Trance could be for a boss, but I think maybe just as a disc, meanwhile, synthpad is creeping me out and should be a cave sound! xD

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
That was discovered a long time ago. xD To the music! Not many people are posting, but for some reason we have 4 supports.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
That was discovered a long time ago. xD To the music! Not many people are posting, but for some reason we have 4 supports.
Really?

Unrelated:

original.jpg

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com

I imagine he could make it work. Afterall, there are mods like Matmos that add ambient sounds that change depending on your location so I imagine it could be done.