Rewenable oil

Should this be added?

• Total voters

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
As you may have noticed oil is not rewenable.
So in survival mode you can only go LIMITED times to other celestials.
Of course we want oil to become rewenable but now you may ask "how"?
And that's why i came with an answer, it works as follows:

You can trade with villagers, yes?
In the villager trade menu you would be able to put an empty liquid canister into the first slot, then about 3-5 emeralds in the second slot and the outcome would be a filled oil canister.

It sounds simple but if it gets implemented you can go INFINITE times to other celestials.

What do you think of this idea?
Share it in the comments below!
wolfboyft don't you dare to derail it!

Last edited:

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I'm going to say that their should be electric rockets that could be powered by an advanced battery which would be filled with the solar panals.
Nice idea there, might be a configurable option when customizable rockets come out...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
While I don't think renewable oil would be a good plan. A minecraft world is virtually infinite. If you're running out of oil, explore further.

Having said that, electric rocket might be cool. With the compatibility with Mekanism, using liquid hydrogen should be a viable rocket fuel. Have it burn slightly quicker (as in it uses more fuel ie: your fuel meter goes down faster). Real rockets use liquid hydrogen as fuel. It would be a virtually infinite fuel source.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
While I don't think renewable oil would be a good plan. A minecraft world is virtually infinite. If you're running out of oil, explore further.

Having said that, electric rocket might be cool. With the compatibility with Mekanism, using liquid hydrogen should be a viable rocket fuel. Have it burn slightly quicker (as in it uses more fuel ie: your fuel meter goes down faster). Real rockets use liquid hydrogen as fuel.

I've been a fan of the hydrogen rocket idea ever since someone (possibly you) first suggested it.

It would be an interesting option to be able to trade for it with a villager. He could be wearing greasy coveralls and be the "mechanic" villager or something. I don't, however, think that it would really be a viable alternative to finding oil deposits naturally. The amount of time, effort, and materials needed to find enough emeralds to trade for a single canister of oil would far outweigh the resources spent finding large volumes naturally. It could work as a quick solution if you need just one can in a pinch though.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013

Having said that, electric rocket might be cool. With the compatibility with Mekanism, using liquid hydrogen should be a viable rocket fuel. Have it burn slightly quicker (as in it uses more fuel ie: your fuel meter goes down faster). Real rockets use liquid hydrogen as fuel. It would be a virtually infinite fuel source.
A Minecraft world is as 8 times as large as the earth...
So actually it is finite and that's why i posted this suggestion...

Seriously... wtf! Why the hell would you want unrealistic infinite fuel, and use 'inn minecraft their ar not-real fings' as an excuse as to why INFINITE FUEL is a good idea?

:mad:o_O:eek:

'TRADE WITH MAGICAL VILLAGERS!?' WTF! Just because a f*cking slime is not in real life, doesn't mean it's against the laws of PHYSICS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHH WTF THIS IS TRULY THE WORST IDEA EVER! ejdvhsn

:oops:

But seriously. That poll is idiotic, seriously idiotic. So is the fact that you assume that we all want to make oil come out of nowhere for a couple of emeralds just because you can make an Iron Golem using MAGIC. And anyway, even magic is not an excuse. It's cheaty anyway.

:)

We use carbon capture! We simply catch our exhaust and put it underground to turn back into oil! After millions of years... and also, that's still finite.

:mad:Ican'thelpitbutjustbereallyangryatyouforthatstupidflippingpoll!:mad:

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013

Since real rockets have been known of using various types of fuels, I've been thinking alike. The propellant kerosene is refined from crude oils akin to the process of gaining fuel in Galacticraft. An alternate fuel could similarly be hydrogen from other mods (assuming GC won't implement it at some point). The only thing that would differ is rockets in GC doesn't use an oxidizer, but that's a different topic.

It would be an interesting option to be able to trade for it with a villager. He could be wearing greasy coveralls and be the "mechanic" villager or something. I don't, however, think that it would really be a viable alternative to finding oil deposits naturally.

I was thinking something similar. Alien villager could potentially provide useful off-world services to stranded players since you won't by default simply respawn back at Overworld incase of death. Their currency could be difference (like perhaps processed cheese ore for moon villagers).

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Since real rockets have been known of using various types of fuels, I've been thinking alike. The propellant kerosene is refined from crude oils akin to the process of gaining fuel in Galacticraft. An alternate fuel could similarly be hydrogen from other mods (assuming GC won't implement it at some point). The only thing that would differ is rockets in GC doesn't use an oxidizer, but that's a different topic.

I was thinking something similar. Alien villager could potentially provide useful off-world services to stranded players since you won't by default simply respawn back at Overworld incase of death. Their currency could be difference (like perhaps processed cheese ore for moon villagers).
Might be...
They could also sell oxygen in a canned form:
Put an empty canister in the first slot and 3-5 cheese ore things in the second slot and there you have a full oxygen tank!
(cost depends on size.)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Seriously... wtf! Why the hell would you want unrealistic infinite fuel, and use 'inn minecraft their ar not-real fings' as an excuse as to why INFINITE FUEL is a good idea?

:mad:o_O:eek:

'TRADE WITH MAGICAL VILLAGERS!?' WTF! Just because a f*cking slime is not in real life, doesn't mean it's against the laws of PHYSICS.

I think the idea isn't so much that oil is infinitely made from nothing, but rather it is implied that a villager has already gathered it himself and is now offering it up for sale. Nobody seems to have a problem with a villager trading bread because you are able to see his wheat crops outside his house, but you don't actually see him farm the wheat and craft it into bread. Again, I think it's intended to be more of an implied procedure.

Reactions: AcapitalA
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
I think the idea isn't so much that oil is infinitely made from nothing, but rather it is implied that a villager has already gathered it himself and is now offering it up for sale. Nobody seems to have a problem with a villager trading bread because you are able to see his wheat crops outside his house, but you don't actually see him farm the wheat and craft it into bread. Again, I think it's intended to be more of an implied procedure.
ok

Still... there are no pumps... nothing to let him do that... sorry, I just think it's an awful idea. Not trying to be Dex Luther though...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Still... there are no pumps... nothing to let him do that... sorry, I just think it's an awful idea. Not trying to be Dex Luther though...

First of all, I do understand where you're coming from and how (in the most apparent view of the situation) villagers don't have the tools or means of collecting the oil, but they also do not carry pickaxes to be able to mine the emeralds, iron, etc. that they trade. But, you are more than welcome to not care for the idea no matter what the reason.

Secondly, can we all please stop taking jabs at each other. I know not everyone agrees with each other, but please, EVERYBODY stop putting snide remarks in your posts pointing fingers at the people you dislike because it is making everything overly dramatic and detracts from everyone elses' experience on these forums. We don't need to hear "But he started it" or "he can't take criticism". I really don't care about personal grudges. Just keep it to yourselves and use the forum for it's intended purpose.

Reactions: wolfboyft
First of all, I do understand where you're coming from and how (in the most apparent view of the situation) villagers don't have the tools or means of collecting the oil, but they also do not carry pickaxes to be able to mine the emeralds, iron, etc. that they trade. But, you are more than welcome to not care for the idea no matter what the reason.

Secondly, can we all please stop taking jabs at each other. I know not everyone agrees with each other, but please, EVERYBODY stop putting snide remarks in your posts pointing fingers at the people you dislike because it is making everything overly dramatic and detracts from everyone elses' experience on these forums. We don't need to hear "But he started it" or "he can't take criticism". I really don't care about personal grudges. Just keep it to yourselves and use the forum for it's intended purpose.

YAY. Okay!

Reactions: AcapitalA