Rewenable oil

Should this be added?

• Total voters

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
If you have to travel 50,000,000 blocks for oil, I think you're doing something wrong.
My point is even if you searched all those areas for oil, you must go further out exploring and if those deposits are exhausted you need to go further again...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
My point is even if you searched all those areas for oil, you must go further out exploring and if those deposits are exhausted you need to go further again...
And my point is that you're probably doing something wrong if you're using up so much oil.

Also there's a config option that might help you:

# Increasing this will increase amount of oil that will generate in each chunk.
D:"Oil Generation Factor"=1.8

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
And my point is that you're probably doing something wrong if you're using up so much oil.

Also there's a config option that might help you:
#Alotofplayers
#Cargorockets
#Multiplayer
There we go. I'm never using hash tags again.

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
#Alotofplayers
#Cargorockets
#Multiplayer
There we go.

Your solution:
# Increasing this will increase amount of oil that will generate in each chunk.
D:"Oil Generation Factor"=1.8

It would be completely logical to me that if I had "a lot of players", that the amount of oil spawning would probably need to be increased to reflect the number of people on the server.

As I said before, 'renewable oil" IMO is a bad idea because by definition oil isn't renewable. Other mods add other types of fuel, which should be made compatible with GC.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Your solution:

It would be completely logical to me that if I had "a lot of players", that the amount of oil spawning would probably need to be increased to reflect the number of people on the server.

As I said before, 'renewable oil" IMO is a bad idea because by definition oil isn't renewable. Other mods add other types of fuel, which should be made compatible with GC.
Almost everything is rewenable in vanilla but why can't oil be rewenable then?
This is Minecraft, not real life...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Almost everything is rewenable in vanilla but why can't oil be rewenable then?
This is Minecraft, not real life...

The keyword is "almost".

Plus because oil is in the liquid dictionary, having it renewable would mess up the balance of other mods.

Either way if this is going to happen, it's not going to be until some future version of the mod. That being the case I'd rather the rockets be coded to use alternate fuels (at various rates of consumption), which is something already available in many mods with machines that use fuel, than have renewable oil.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
If Oil is renewable, it should take millions of years. Maybe just a million to Minecraft simplify.

According to This it would take about 73,000,000 hours or 3.04167e6 days. lol

I still think alternate fuels from other mods is a better solution.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
How is it renewable?
Iron drops form iron golems that spawn in big villages, coal is dropped form wither skeletons, diamond tools are rewenable because you can buy them and emeralds are rewenable because you can get one by giving rewenable stuff...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Iron drops form iron golems that spawn in big villages, coal is dropped form wither skeletons, diamond tools are rewenable because you can buy them and emeralds are rewenable because you can get one by giving rewenable stuff...
I wouldn't really call that renewable. None of that is renewing anything. I all depends on you finding specific things just like you have to find oil.

Do you complain that you had to go 50,000,000 blocks to find an iron golem or villager with the appropriate trades?

Reactions: obsidianpower790

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I wouldn't really call that renewable. None of that is renewing anything. I all depends on you finding specific things just like you have to find oil.

Do you complain that you had to go 50,000,000 blocks to find an iron golem or villager with the appropriate trades?
You can make a village nearby (take 2 villagers somehow to there) and let the iron golems spawn...
But still, it's rewenable after all and you can make it close by.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
You can make a village nearby (take 2 villagers somehow to there) and let the iron golems spawn...
But still, it's rewenable after all and you can make it close by.
You need 15 villagers and houses that meet standard. They all die, can not get more. Zombies drop ores, very rarely. One golem spawns every 15 villagers. They also fight back. You can not get some of this stuff from villagers anymore in 1.8. If it did count as renewable, it still is not almost everything.

Last edited:

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
You need 15 villagers and houses that meet standard. They all die, can not get more. Zombies drop ores, very rarely. One golem spawns every 15 villagers. They also fight back. You can not get some of this stuff from villagers anymore in 1.8. If it did count as renewable, it still is not almost everything.
Pretty sad through, but my point is to get something infinite times to the moon...