Galacticraft 3 Review ( Soon )

When will GC3 will be release

• Total voters

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Hi Guys & Welcome to

Galacticraft 3
(Everything you need to know about the next update )

( This Topic will contain info about next update that will contain New Dimension , 1.7 Update , Space Race & Many More.. )

General :

1.7 Update
In galacticraft 3 ( 1.7 ) will be supported , as micdoodle8 say on his twitter he will support 1.7
update

1.6 Update
Galacticraft 3 Features Will not Support 1.6 ( as @radfast say )
1.6 is only for Galacticraft 2

Features :

Planet Selection GUI

Celestial Selection menu, though highly work in progress (as you can tell, since there is no sun). Coming along nicely I think :)
This New Gui is one of the biggest Features ever ( Special Thanks to @Space Viking , You make @micdoodle8 make this feature )
MSIkTA5.gif

Here is A Picture of What Mic do
a07427f0eb81226c6ef3bbe66684f13c.jpg

and here is a demo

Space Race

@micdoodle8
Say : @micdoodle8: Working on a new feature now that all the errors are fixed...
image.jpg

Flag customization

micdoodle8
Say : @micdoodle8: Custom flags, coming in Galacticraft 3!
image.jpg

@micdoodle8: Here's a (gif) preview of the flag design system coming in Galacticraft 3...
flagCreationNew.gif

Also flag customization can be done if you start new space race as you see in pictures

Planets :

New Planets

Asteroids.

Hint from a moderator ( @Ezer'Arch )

GC3 will feature lots of bits and bytes, bits and bytes, bits and bytes, bits and bytes, bits and bytes... (<-- it's an actual hint)

Dungeon :

as i read in codes there will be dungeon in Asteroid Dimension
( Maybe An Asteroid with special look inside it the Dungeon :eek:

Time in Asteroids :

There will be different times between small asteroids and big asteroids

Ores :
Quandrium ore
oreQuandrium.png

Elementium ore
oreelementium.png

( it will be retextured , so its not final texture for those ores )

Tier 3 Rocket

Hint from me ( @EnderSpace )

Tier 3 rocket will
feature red & Green , red & green , red & green , red & Green , red & green , red & green ( hint )

Current Planets :

Moon :

Footprints
@micdoodle8:coming in Galacticraft 3: Better Footprints...
image.jpg
1. Also footprints fade now

Lighting on night

@micdoodle8: Minor feature, but highly requested: Improved moon lighting at night - Coming in Galacticraft 3!
image.jpg

Mars :

Mars sky

@micdoodle8: Coming in Galacticraft 3: Revamped Mars Skybox...
image.jpg
And finally new red-orange sky that look realistic
Also small overworld in sky

mechanicals :

Lasers

@micdoodle8: Exploring some alternatives to wires for Galacticraft 3. These feel a lot more futuristic... (Not Final)+
image.jpg

How I Support Micdoodle8 :

1. Share this link http://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=531880
2. Become Patron of @micdoodle8 ( http://www.patreon.com/micdoodle8 )
3. Follow him in twitter to see every news
4. Report Every Bug You Find that will help him a lot

Others features :

1. Overworld Rotation when leaving ( planned )
2. New dimension ( I'm sure )

That's the end and Remember ( That is Not All The Features ,Maybe This is 20-30% of Features )
Thanks for watching everyone
Please leave a comment
Please no spam

BYE:);):p:D

Last edited:

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
you are wrong about earth rotation,he'll make it,but not through a 3d model,but through an animated texture for the earth
the moon turf seems to be the same,only footprints will change
and about rocket customisation... it's planned since a very long time,this "customisation coming soon" have been here since a long time...

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
you are wrong about earth rotation,he'll make it,but not through a 3d model,but through an animated texture for the earth
It's very very hard because animation should be slow
See sphax the animation should be fast , but still possible but hard

the moon turf seems to be the same,only footprints will change

Yes moon turf are same , footprints will change and as he tell to ezer arch it's now fading

about rocket customization... it's planned since a very long time,this "customization coming soon" have been here since a long time...
This update will be for 2014 - 2015
So it's his chance to add customization

Last edited:

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
After making the small dot on Mars sky bigger and clearer here the result

image.jpg
As you see it's blue & green that's mean it's Overworld not Phobos or Deimos as we thought
Solved:p

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@EnderSpace, this thread is scaring me! I don't know where some of these ideas come from. Happy if we say this is just a fun thread and your personal ideas for what "might" come, not what "will" come.

TE3 compatibility already exists in the latest 1.6.4 versions of Galacticraft. If you are seeing issues with that, please report in the normal way. (Your screenshot connecting GC wires to TE3 energy conduits looks strange though - that type of connection might cause a few issues, even though GC is basically compatible with TE3. Somebody today reported a problem if you try to connect IC2 wires to GC wires like that and then run IC2 power though them.)

I do not think that Europa or an Earth-like planet is planned for GC3, though maybe micdoodle8 has a surprise up his sleeve. I'm sure there will be exciting new destination(s) though.

Space station improvement and gravity is already coded and more is planned to make space stations really fun with more things to do.

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
In galacticraft 3 ( 1.7 ) will be supported with no errors , as micdoodle8 say on his twitter he will support 1.7 update also 1.6 will not be gone :)

This part isn't too clear. Is 1.6 version going to simply be supported or is 1.6.4 receiving the new content as well?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Galacticraft 3 is currently being coded for Minecraft 1.7.2. Many other mods are also currently being updated to 1.7.2 - some have even made it there already - so I think in a few months we can start to see 1.7.2 modpacks. Obviously a modpack cannot come until the last mod in the pack has its 1.7.2 version ready. So 1.7.2 will become the next common version of Minecraft for mods (like 1.6.4, and 1.5.2 before).

Galacticraft 2 - the 1.6.4 version - will probably still be supported for a while with updates for major issues discovered (hopefully not too many of those by now). But the 1.6.4 version will not receive the new content.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Galacticraft 3 is currently being coded for Minecraft 1.7.2. Many other mods are also currently being updated to 1.7.2 - some have even made it there already - so I think in a few months we can start to see 1.7.2 modpacks. Obviously a modpack cannot come until the last mod in the pack has its 1.7.2 version ready. So 1.7.2 will become the next common version of Minecraft for mods (like 1.6.4, and 1.5.2 before).

Galacticraft 2 - the 1.6.4 version - will probably still be supported for a while with updates for major issues discovered (hopefully not too many of those by now). But the 1.6.4 version will not receive the new content.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification :)

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
@EnderSpace, @EnderSpace, this thread is scaring me! I don't know where some of these ideas come from. Happy if we say this is just a fun thread and your personal ideas for what "might" come, not what "will" come.
I only make this thread to make people who don't even know that there's new version coming and thinking that GC2 will be the last.
I link minecraft forum users to this topic , so the people will know

----

@EnderSpace,
I do not think that Europa or an Earth-like planet is planned for GC3, though maybe micdoodle8 has a surprise up his sleeve. I'm sure there will be exciting new destination(s) though..
@micdoodle8 say : I plan on adding some sort of hydra-attachment or gear slot, since the next will have water (lots of it)... hint hint.

That's mean there's watery planet coming , and those are the only I found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks viewers for 1000 view
Know people know about GC3 :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
I only make this thread to make people who don't even know that there's new version coming and thinking that GC2 will be the last.

The topic title is still misleading though. There is a difference between saying "what will come" (alias confirmed) and "what might come". I think it's a good idea to consider an edit.

I do not think that Europa or an Earth-like planet is planned for GC3, though maybe micdoodle8 has a surprise up his sleeve. I'm sure there will be exciting new destination(s) though..
@micdoodle8 say : I plan on adding some sort of hydra-attachment or gear slot, since the next will have water (lots of it)... hint hint.

That's mean there's watery planet coming , and those are the only I found

Although, I don't think any retweets of exoplanets should be presumed as potential foreshadowing at this point. Especially when the planet in question (Kepler-186f) was official announced roughly just a month ago. It just seems way too incredible undertaking such a design decision in that short amount of time.

Also, Europa isn't a planet, but a moon of Jupiter. Anyhow, I think it should yet again be important to put clear emphasis on vague statements like:
-"since the next will have water"

"next" could refer to the upcoming major update known as Galacticraft 3, but it could just simply mean "next world", which wouldn't be tied to any specific update and instead can arrive well after GC 3. Who knows!

However, don't think this as me directly telling you, but more as a general heads up. People can be quick to assume conclusion in the form of "Oh the next place will have water and someone said it's Europa so we're totally getting that in GC3!"

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
The topic title is still misleading though. There is a difference between saying "what will come" (alias confirmed) and "what might come". I think it's a good idea to consider an edit.

Although, I don't think any retweets of exoplanets should be presumed as potential foreshadowing at this point. Especially when the planet in question (Kepler-186f) was official announced roughly just a month ago. It just seems way too incredible undertaking such a design decision in that short amount of time.

Also, Europa isn't a planet, but a moon of Jupiter. Anyhow, I think it should yet again be important to put clear emphasis on vague statements like:
-"since the next will have water"

"next" could refer to the upcoming major update known as Galacticraft 3, but it could just simply mean "next world", which wouldn't be tied to any specific update and instead can arrive well after GC 3. Who knows!

However, don't think this as me directly telling you, but more as a general heads up. People can be quick to assume conclusion in the form of "Oh the next place will have water and someone said it's Europa so we're totally getting that in GC3!"
I edit
Thanks