Introducing myself

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm radfast.

As some of you might have seen from the most recent changelog and Galacticraft builds, I am helping out fixing some of the remaining issues in Galacticraft 1.6.4. One of the reasons I am doing this is to free up micdoodle8 to spend more of his time on the creation of the future Galacticraft 1.7.2.

This started out with the Oxygen Sealer which has basically been re-written, I hope it will perform better now but please do let me know of any remaining issues with it.

Some general pointers for informing me about future bugs:

A) I will prioritise bug reports in the following order:
* First, issues reported on the official Galacticraft github
* Second, issues reported in the Bug Reports section of this forum
* Third, issues being discussed in threads in other sections of the forum but only if by chance I spot them - I will not be browsing the whole forum looking for issues...

B) I will not respond to pms / private conversations on the forum, unless it is something I am already talking to a person about in a private conversation. Please do not send me bug reports in private messages.

C) I am most interested in the following types of bugs:
* First, crashes of any kind
* Second, machines not functioning as they should in a game-breaking way (I would count oxygen sealers not sealing an area which should be sealed, as game-breaking)
* Third, dupes or exploits, unless they are trivial ones
* Fourth, issues reporting as errors in the log but not crashing the game
* Fifth, GUI issues and other issues where things don't "look" correct even though they are actually OK. This includes engineering type issues where a machine states it is taking a certain amount of power but actually takes something different.

D) I am not interested in:
* Issues which cannot be reproduced in the latest 1.6.4 build (always check here for the latest: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/changes)
* Issues in interactions between Galacticraft and other mods, unless game-breaking or major exploits AND connected with the mods commonly included in major modpacks (example: the recently fixed issues where Galacticraft wires connected with Thermal Expansion 3 machines could result in infinite power, was a major issue affecting several of the major modpacks)
* Issues connected with rendering, texture packs, client-side only mods or other changes affecting the appearance of Minecraft - I have zero knowledge in this area
* Issues to do with failure to launch Galacticraft, non-loaded micdoodlecore, or other problems connected with your own installation or non-vanilla setup.

When reporting bugs, please state the version of Galacticraft you are using. I don't really need to know the Minecraft or Forge versions. A description of how to reproduce the error is good. Screenshots or small videos can be very helpful. Forge logs can often be helpful, but please don't post the whole thing, just pick out the relevant parts of it reporting the exact crash report / error / log message covering the issue you are seeing and a few lines before.

Please do not make suggestions for the future of Galacticraft to me, micdoodle8 is in charge of that.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Please excuse me if I don't know everything or everyone to start with. I will especially appreciate the guidance of members who have been involved with Galacticraft for a long time.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
I do believe his point is that many people report more major issues only on the rare occasion that something inhibits them from doing something whereas he actively searches, reports, and (if applicable) suggests a possible solution to even the smallest of errors.
I report the tinyest bug ever because i play too much minecraft lol.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Guys, all bug reports (tiny or large) are appreciated and help to improve the game. But yes, from what I've seen in the few weeks that I've been active, Ezer'Arch is the king.

I <3 good bug reports.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Guys, all bug reports (tiny or large) are appreciated and help to improve the game. But yes, from what I've seen in the few weeks that I've been active, Ezer'Arch is the king.

I <3 good bug reports.
There is small bug
I think its solved on latest but its good if you check it oxygen bubble its not working on moon ??

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I just have to say it sure is a welcomed change to see both @radfast with your technical know-how aiding @micdoodle8 and the members of this forum and @Ezer'Arch with your vigilant, courteous presence moderating the forum. It's nice to see conditions back up to the level they were and beyond when I first joined.

But with a lack of members now, so I make up for 3 of them. :p Anyways, it is nice to see the forums back to normal now.