Colonization and self-deployable buildings

TheFirstGun

Mar 25, 2013
Hello everyone who reads this!

I've been thinking about when you start colonizing... It would be nice if you could create a finished small house/base with air in it similar to when you create Space Stations. A little help to start off a colony :). It would still require materials so it wouldn't really become too overpowered.

Reactions: Max5081

Max5081

Mar 27, 2013
Good idea!!
I really like that it needs more materials so it won't become OP!!
FULL AND TOTAL SUPPORT!!!

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
FULL AND TOTAL SUPPORT!!!
Wow take it easy lol.
But I think this is a bad idea. People want this as realistic as possible and although I think that would not fit with Minecraft, I do agree with some things.
Of course it would be pre-generated but if you think of it, who would have build that base if you come there for the 1st time? Also, what would happen in servers? If several people jump in a rocket in the same spot, will it just create houses on top of each other?
Nope bad idea in my opinion.

Max5081

Mar 27, 2013
Wow take it easy lol.
But I think this is a bad idea. People want this as realistic as possible and although I think that would not fit with Minecraft, I do agree with some things.
Of course it would be pre-generated but if you think of it, who would have build that base if you come there for the 1st time? Also, what would happen in servers? If several people jump in a rocket in the same spot, will it just create houses on top of each other?
Good point.
"Would would happen in servers?" There's a config option to disable it.
"Who would have build that base..." A mob can be made (crafted), placed, fed resources, and then it builds the specified base design at a specified area.
"Will it just create houses on top of each other?" There would be claimed and unclaimed land. It costs a certain amount of materials to claim a chunk of land, and a claimed chunk of land can not be touched by any other player.

TheFirstGun

Mar 25, 2013
Wow take it easy lol.
Didnt think of that one... The server would be a problem. Though it could be fixed if the game only allowed one generated base per planet/moon. Like a public base for everyone. Also about the thing visiting for the first time... Who would have built the Space Station?

But thanks for pointing out these things ^^

GroxLeader

Apr 27, 2014
it would be like terraform block except you would put glass,iron,doors,and crafting table to make a colony that had a dome of air over it

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
over powered this could be used for greifing and other things. and will be buggy.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
it would be like terraform block except you would put glass,iron,doors,and crafting table to make a colony that had a dome of air over it
It would be some kind of self-deployable building. If that sophisticated, as suggested, it'd be a bit too far for Galacticraft terms. I think GC could have self-"inflating" shelter, a small and simple 5x5x3 tent, but you'd need to install machines and furbish it yourself.

I could suggest, you can install ComputerCraft mod and teach your robots to build things for you.

Hrmmm the title is a bit dumb but this has been suggested often so ezer will post this into the frequently suggested list :)
Never seen this suggestion before. As I said here, you can suggest new entries to be included in the list as long as you provide at least 3 links.

over powered this could be used for greifing and other things. and will be buggy.
Buggy? How dare you underestimate our competent programmers!

j/k

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Yeah I don't think I've ever heard of such a suggestion. I think the entire colony being built is a bit much, but on a smaller scale with individual smaller shells of structures it seems more reasonable. I personally think it should be more like a droid instead of a "magic bubble" but that points back to Computer Craft.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Yeah I don't think I've ever heard of such a suggestion. I think the entire colony being built is a bit much, but on a smaller scale with individual smaller shells of structures it seems more reasonable. I personally think it should be more like a droid instead of a "magic bubble" but that points back to Computer Craft.
Its called an inflatable base with ab digferent name.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
"Buggy? How dare you underestimate our competent programmers!" -Ezer'Arch.
I haven't seen any new content in this mod for 5 months. only basic bug fixs.
People want more content like more dimensions to explore, it's better to have lots of planets and they will be developed during time. not spending an entire year on one planet. Also they should get more developers in on the project.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
"Buggy? How dare you underestimate our competent programmers!" -Ezer'Arch.
I haven't seen any new content in this mod for 5 months. only basic bug fixs.
People want more content like more dimensions to explore, it's better to have lots of planets and they will be developed during time. not spending an entire year on one planet. Also they should get more developers in on the project.

Which is exactly why Radfast is here...so Mitch can spend more time on adding to the mod instead of focussing so much on fixes.