Trading system for Alien Villagers

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Frequency Module could be used to capture and translate the brain waves of these alien villagers, then you'd be able to trade with them.
That. Is. Genius! Would you need an Adv. Frequency Module that could hear other special sounds, or would a normal one be able to pick it up?

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
In GC3 the moon villagers may get an update allowing them to trade with their telepathy. Though, I don't see why they want my dirt for a sapling. xD I'm sure Mic said he's finished with the Moon for the most part, so it'd most likely not be added too immediately. I'd say GC3 is a good time to expect it though.

For moon villages, maybe that house is amazing to them. This is a different species! Not humans/minecraftians in space.
Frequency Module could be used to capture and translate the brain waves of these alien villagers, then you'd be able to trade with them.
That. Is. Genius! Would you need an Adv. Frequency Module that could hear other special sounds, or would a normal one be able to pick it up?
The power of a conversation!

I am 100% supporting this idea!

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
That's exactly what I was thinking recently. Maybe craft it with a "translation circuit", found as rare-ish loot in moon dungeons.

Now, what they should trade...
- Oxygen Refill. You give them an empty tank or canister and some emeralds for a full tank/canister. But if we start with that, they could also sell all other kinds of fluids/gases as well, like fuel or nitrogen. Maybe energy, too. On the other hand, not sure how they would be supposed to get their hands on that.
- Meteoric Iron. It's quite a pain in the ass to get it before having access to the asteroid belt, and it would make sense for them to have the stuff.
- Translation circuits/upgraded freq. modules: basically, if you have one, you can get more, for other players or for crafting maybe
- Schematics: not sure about that. There should be more moderately-useful schematics like moon buggys for that, since rockets would be imba
- Seeds and saplings, obviously, since they grow them
- Buying all sorts of stuff from earth: meat, wool, redstone, pretty much anything that exists on earth but not on the moon

Mar 8, 2015
What I'm nots sure if they will be able to trade stuff like rocket part but what I would love to see is like an underground facility where they create the products for trading.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
hm, regarding that, they could occasionally have a house with a solar panel on top, and a metal former or electrical furnace or something connected to it. And then a "technician" profession, who sells compressed metal

Mar 8, 2015
hm, regarding that, they could occasionally have a house with a solar panel on top, and a metal former or electrical furnace or something connected to it. And then a "technician" profession, who sells compressed metal
Exactly like that and I think the moon village should be slightly modified to look like an advanced civilization in space, if this is possible.

Srsam

May 19, 2017
Is it possible that the trees on the moon just have no leaves (like from the harsh climate) or have the leaves start to disappear after the tree has grown (like when you mine all the wood from a tree)? Also, I have made several worlds and the only Batteries they give me are totally empty, is that my GC or the mod?
One last thing, could the Moon villagers be smarter than the average villager. Maybe a RARE chance (2%-10%) they have one of the following in their house (or village), a compressor, electric compressor, electric furnace, or a chest with some things found on the moon. A 0.1% chance that a rocket launch pad will spawn with a fuel loader, and a 1% chance a rocket launch pad without the fuel loader. A 2% chance that they have any type of solar panel. A (VERY little) chance that there is only one moon villager.
Thank you for reading this,
Srsam