Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• NEVER!!!

• Total voters

Thomas Aunvik

Feb 21, 2014
I got an Idea about a book that can help newbies!
I got this suggestion from the Tinkers Construct Mod when they spawn with a book when they make a new World!

Q&A:

Q: How do i get the Book?
A: You get the book when you spawn in a new world.

Q: I checked the book! ITS HORROBLE!!! IT HAS ONLY 5 PAGES!!!
A: Thats the basic Guide Book! When you finish making all the parts you need it will give you a new book called Normal Guide Book.

Q: How many Books are there???
A: There are 4 books! Basic Guide Book, Normal Guide Book, Advanced Guide Book and
The Story of Galacticraft.

Q: Is "The Story of GalactiCraft" a story line, or history of it?
A: Its A Story Line, How they Explored The moon and the mars.

Q: Is there anyway to skip those Guide Stages?
A: Yes! If you want to skip the Basic Guide Book to Normal Guide Book etc. Just do This!

B: Basic Guide Book N: Normal Guide Book A: Advanced Guide Book S: The Story of Galacticraft

Crafting Grid:

B = N N=A A=S

Have you lost your book?
Just Craft one!

B: Book A: Aluminum Wire

Crafting Bench:

A A A
A B A
A A A

Its Expensive BUT, It needs to be galacticraft releated!

Plz BUMP this up to get this suggestion to Galacticraft 3

New Suggestions:
Add a Book Slot in the galacicraft section and add a book there. Then you can press B/(Can be changed in the settings) and it will open the book! No Space Loss!

Last edited:

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
By the way, bumping the thread won't help it to get seen by Mic, he checks all of the suggestions every once and a while.

Anyway, yes, I support this idea (kinda). I think a few things should be different.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I'd prefer story line :D
Like the Tinker's Construct story line type of deal? That'd be confusing. A TnT Cannon facing upwards shot a boat through the air. This gave new thoughts to the world, and inspired builders and inventors everywhere to build a machine that could take them soaring high in the sky! Instead of inventing planes, they invented the rocket ship. Then, they became super intelligent and made stuff to make it all easier. Again, confusing.

Thomas Aunvik

Feb 21, 2014
Nice idea
Do you bring it from HardCore EnderDragon because it have the same thing (Guide , Story )

No i bringed it from Tinkers Constuct, It gave me an Idea! Also a few other mods fex. OpenBlocks beacuse it gave an Update Book!

Thomas joined February 21st, not that new.

Is "The Story of GalactiCraft" a story line, or history of it?

A Story

Added To the Q&A Line

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
There was a Galacticraft Guide that @micdoodle8 was working on, but he sort of removed it or simply stopped working on it.

I think my Small and Cosy Moon Base (http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/small-and-cozy-moon-base.1720) is old enough to have this book. Download it, install Bibliocraft. Go to the bedroom in the basement, there's a bookshelf with some books, one of them it's the Galacticraft Guide (or Book of Knowledge, use the reading glasses to find it easier). If you pick up the book, it will appear to be missing the item graphic. Please, don't blame me if your Minecraft crashes due to handling that book. If it's still there, I left it as easter-egg among others. (EDIT: It is there! It's the blue book.)

Last edited:

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Guide book could be useful for players who not use wiki. It should contain information about crafting and basic uses e.g. "Terraformer can adapt local terrian for residents from Earth"

Storyline...? I don't like it. I really don't want to travel on Moon, then Mars, Venus, Europa, Io etc. in order. This is game about exploring, so I can travel to any planet i want (if my rocket can reach this planet). And Oh come on! It's Minecraft! I choose my target, not storyline.

Edit: I hope my text is readable :)

Last edited:

Thomas Aunvik

Feb 21, 2014
Guide book could be useful for players who not use wiki. It should contain information about crafting and basic uses e.g. "Terraformer can adapt local terrian for residents from Earth"

Storyline...? I don't like it. I really don't want to travel on Moon, then Mars, Venus, Europa, Io etc. in order. This is game about exploring, so I can travel to any planet i want (if my rocket can reach this planet). And Oh come on! It's Minecraft! I choose my target, not storyline.

Edit: I hope my text is readable :)

Storyline, i mean by how they started and how they did.

Second: Your Text is Readeble

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
So storyline that doesn't interfere with gameplay is ok.

Maybe Micdoodle could make new addon that add Guide book. Information in this guide could be open to edit, so galacticraft community can write articles and tutorials, and Mic can work on more imortant things.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
So storyline that doesn't interfere with gameplay is ok.

Maybe Micdoodle could make new addon that add Guide book. Information in this guide could be open to edit, so galacticraft community can write articles and tutorials, and Mic can work on more imortant things.
Each planet could have a storyline that doesn't affect your gameplay, but adds more to it and makes the no so epic planets and moons epic.

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Each planet could have a storyline that doesn't affect your gameplay, but adds more to it and makes the no so epic planets and moons epic.

Storyline could be disabled in config (but enabled by default) because... I'm bad person... lol.

Anyway awsome idea.

Question: How it will look? Book appearing in inventory after land...?

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Storyline could be disabled in config (but enabled by default) because... I'm bad person... lol.

Anyway awsome idea.

Question: How it will look? Book appearing in inventory after land...?
I was thinking of like, say Mars once had some great mystic ancient being on it and in GC3 there are ancient buildings that spawn very rarely you can rebuild to fight or learn about new stuff and blueprints.

If you're thinking about a book storyline, then yes.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Nice idea, but I don't want another book. Especially not one that appears in your inventory when you spawn. There are already too many of those and they clutter up the inventory.
Good point, multiple mods that add those quickly take over space. I mean, you could just toss them away, but if it's the only source of the information, and not craftable, then you can't just drop it. A key could be used to pull up a guide, or storyline instead, but who knows. Maybe equip it to your spacesuit. (What?!)

Thomas Aunvik

Feb 21, 2014
Good point, multiple mods that add those quickly take over space. I mean, you could just toss them away, but if it's the only source of the information, and not craftable, then you can't just drop it. A key could be used to pull up a guide, or storyline instead, but who knows. Maybe equip it to your spacesuit. (What?!)
Got a new idea! Im adding a New idea to the list ;)!