Landing Gear for No Atmosphere Celestial Bodies

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I know this may be a while off, it's just a suggestion for the future of landers, or for when customizable rockets/landers are added. I'm also sorry for the short suggestion.

To efficiently land on a celestial body without an atmosphere, your lander should be equipped with gear more suited for this, such as a harpoon and shock absorber, or just change the lander if custom rockets aren't added yet. I don't see landing on a large celestial body, such as a planet or natural satellite to be a problem, but if asteroids, meteors, and comets were added, then it could prove to be useful.

Without these, you would be able to miss your target, and hit somewhere else, or fly off in to space. o_O Thus, causing a serious issue. Without the proper landing gears, it could just disable travelling there.

Whether cosmetic, or as an actual need, it would be interesting to see this added.

May 17, 2014
Its minecraft dont forget ;) i personbaly think we wont need this. Both landers are unrealistic anyways. The first one falls and if you were in an baloon lander you would problably be sick or even die ;)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Its minecraft dont forget ;) i personbaly think we wont need this. Both landers are unrealistic anyways. The first one falls and if you were in an baloon lander you would problably be sick or even die ;)
Though, GC also aims for realism. MineCraft has some unrealistic traits, but also many realistic ones. GC is the same, didn't you just parachute down to the moon before?

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Yes but i like automatic stuff. yay
I never said it wasn't automatic. >:p

Also, the current landers aren't that unrealistic.
Mars-Lander-Crashbags.jpg

Thunder Shock

Aug 6, 2013
I like the idea, customizing your rockets with the lander type would be amazing, so instead of just the rocket you have the addon piece of the lander that goes up with you. Or you could go to a space station, think about where you want to go, craft the rocket with the lander in mind then launch from the station

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
It is unrealistic ya know why? tha landing baloons are made for robots not humans ;)
First, some people ARE robots. Don't forget about them.

Second, it'd still be softer than landing in something else. Just close your virtual eyes and try not to open them till you land.

Plus, we're limited on information of what humans would use. Though, the balloon lander is being tested on Earth, in the stratosphere.

Reactions: Xenolith166