Oxygen loss when out of atmoshphere

May 17, 2014
When you go to the moon or mars etc you go above the earth atmoshphere. You should lose a little oxygen then it could be a little loss little bit larger and then normal. Thank you for reading bye.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Shouldn't the rocket have oxygen systems inside of it, though?

I did consider that myself, but then we have to determine what level of realism is enough versus too much. I thought the idea of consuming oxygen once you leave the atmosphere was well and good, but the more I think about it I feel it really isn't worth addressing. It's a fairly small detail and the amount of time spent travelling really is negligible compared to how little oxygen would be used. Might as well leave it alone and assume the rocket's make believe on-board system handles it for you.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I did consider that myself, but then we have to determine what level of realism is enough versus too much. I thought the idea of consuming oxygen once you leave the atmosphere was well and good, but the more I think about it I feel it really isn't worth addressing. It's a fairly small detail and the amount of time spent travelling really is negligible compared to how little oxygen would be used. Might as well leave it alone and assume the rocket's make believe on-board system handles it for you.
XD Might as well. =3 Maybe we turned some of the plates in to oxygen systems. :D

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm with MoltonMontro on this one. Obviously, the rocket (and the lunar lander) have oxygen systems and other life support systems, everything that would be needed for a journey of several hours or days in space. So in GC3, we just coded something meaning players won't any longer lose oxygen while descending onto the Moon in the lander.

May 17, 2014
I'm with MoltonMontro on this one. Obviously, the rocket (and the lunar lander) have oxygen systems and other life support systems, everything that would be needed for a journey of several hours or days in space. So in GC3, we just coded something meaning players won't any longer lose oxygen while descending onto the Moon in the lander.
i noticed ;)

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
This is also reminding me of how Lewis of Yogscast suffocated inside his own lander during the Moonquest series. Hilarious memories. :3

The mistake in itself is kind of trivia, but I personally consider that was an unfair death and hence does appreciate that the spacecrafts are going to feature its own independent life-support system. Assuming landers will still function as spawn points in the future, it would also make sense a player who lost/left his stuffs could still use the lander to get home without being suffocated in mid-flight. It's also cool to be allowed the possibility of waiting for your friends who happened to be distant from the landingsite.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
(...)and hence does appreciate that the spacecrafts are going to feature its own independent life-support system. Assuming landers will still function as spawn points in the future[.]
Independent, but still finite. That was the moot point on that topic.

The lander wouldn't prove infinite oxygen nor energy, but it would give you a time so you could mine meteoritic iron necessary for air-locks of your permanent base. If you take too long to set up a minimal base with 1 air-lock and oxygen farm, you'd be forced to leave the moon or stay to die.

1+ for setting a new spawnpoint. I'm going to quote you in the relevant topic to avoid topic derail.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
I really dont support that idea because when you leave earth you travel Hours or days to other moons and planets
If your idea was on galacticraft you would arive as skeleton , lol :p

If you can read posts above. You will see that you get oxygen in rockets and lunar landers
But when you enter spaceship on moon or mars you still losing

Last edited:
May 17, 2014
I really dont support that idea because when you leave earth you travel Hours or days to other moons and planets
If you can read posts above. You will see that you get oxygen in rockets and lunar landers

May 17, 2014

But when you enter spaceship on moon or mars you still losing
In gc3. If you read the above posts -.-