Micdoodle lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
Ok now I don't know if he did lie, but mic specifically posted that he is sharing screenshots of galacticrafts next planet, next rocket etc. like weeks ago and no one has seen anything, is it just a patreon reward or is mic trolling us?

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
I think it's unfair that his last post on twitter was basically "pay me for more information" and then he proceeds to ONLY inform 'donators'. It's a basic marketing theme where someone makes you curious to the existence of a 'service'(or mod info in this case) so that you pay them to get that 'service' and thats what gets me since ive been folloeing this mod since it first came out... would it REALLY be so hard to at the very least make 'donations' optional by giving those who follow his twitter a few pieces of info or screenshots to make it fair for those who don't have the money or CAN'T pay him? It's been a few weeks since the 'pay me post' as im going to call it(since that exactly what it was in the simplest terms) and I bet he is giving info to the 'donators' while some of the people who have been watching from the time when this was first released(and can't afford to waste money just to see a few screenshots) are left with that 'pay me post' and no other info what so ever... I wouldn't know what the payers see because I can't see it.
It's not my intention of sounding rude but this really bugs me so I am a little agitated when I typed this so it might come of as a little angry when im really not... just feel let down is more like it. Just sharing my views on donations and what not but as I know everyones entitled to their own opinion so mine might not even matter in the long run.

May 17, 2014
I think it's unfair that his last post on twitter was basically "pay me for more information" and then he proceeds to ONLY inform 'donators'. It's a basic marketing theme where someone makes you curious to the existence of a 'service'(or mod info in this case) so that you pay them to get that 'service' and thats what gets me since ive been folloeing this mod since it first came out... would it REALLY be so hard to at the very least make 'donations' optional by giving those who follow his twitter a few pieces of info or screenshots to make it fair for those who don't have the money or CAN'T pay him? It's been a few weeks since the 'pay me post' as im going to call it(since that exactly what it was in the simplest terms) and I bet he is giving info to the 'donators' while some of the people who have been watching from the time when this was first released(and can't afford to waste money just to see a few screenshots) are left with that 'pay me post' and no other info what so ever... I wouldn't know what the payers see because I can't see it.
It's not my intention of sounding rude but this really bugs me so I am a little agitated when I typed this so it might come of as a little angry when im really not... just feel let down is more like it. Just sharing my views on donations and what not but as I know everyones entitled to their own opinion so mine might not even matter in the long run.
Amen! just what i thought.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Well, he still does show some stuff on his twitter for the open public. There's plenty of other places where you can receive sneak peaks for free, like on github. As for the whole thing about it being basic marketing... you're completely right. However, I don't really see whats so evil about offering a reward for supporting him. Just sharing my opinion on the matter.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
micdoodle8 gives countless hours of skill, care and creativity to making this mod which is available to anyone who wants to play it, totally for free.

Seems to me it is absolutely up to him if he chooses to reward those people who make a donation, with some small extras like previews or whatever else there is to see on Patreon.

I know there is some impatience in the community to see a release of Galacticraft 1.7, but I can assure you it is being worked on as fast as reasonably possible and everyone will get to play it just as soon as a public release is ready. Chipping about lack of screenshots will not help with the smooth progress that I'm sure everyone wants to see.

May 17, 2014
micdoodle8 gives countless hours of skill, care and creativity to making this mod which is available to anyone who wants to play it, totally for free.

Seems to me it is absolutely up to him if he chooses to reward those people who make a donation, with some small extras like previews or whatever else there is to see on Patreon.

I know there is some impatience in the community to see a release of Galacticraft 1.7, but I can assure you it is being worked on as fast as reasonably possible and everyone will get to play it just as soon as a public release is ready. Chipping about lack of screenshots will not help with the smooth progress that I'm sure everyone wants to see.
Maybe he is working countless hours. But everyone wants to see ANY fucking screenshot. Nope we need to donate instead. Unfair uncool bullshit. Not only on galacticraft on every mod. When i start an mod in a few years i will NEVER have paetron. MAYBE an donation button thats it.

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Galacticraft is already great the way it is. The fact that Micdoodle8 is doing anything more with it is just icing on the cake. As far as being informed as to every single little step that he is taking to add to it...why does everyone on here feel so entitled to previews of someone's personal project? He never even had to tell us there is even any future to the mod at all. What if there was no news until he released GC3? There wouldn't be any expectations for everyone to be impatient over and you would be nothing but surprised and excited that it happened. You shouldn't donate to his Patreon to "buy" preview pictures, you should do it if you can to support something you care about and any news shared with supporters should be received with gratitude and appreciation, not as an expectation.

The amount of patrons are virtually non-existent compared to how many people freely download the mod so don't think there is an entire audience of people that are feeding him steak and lobster and getting huge news that nobody else will ever see. I for one believe he deserves far more support than he receives, be it financial or otherwise.

EDIT: I don't mean this to smother the flames of any excitement or hopes anybody may have regarding news of the mod's progress, it's great to be looking forward to it! I'm referring more to those who go as far as to say they are angry or upset with the lack of screenshots or are mad at Micdoodle8 personally.

Last edited:

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
Galacticraft is already great the way it is. The fact that Micdoodle8 is doing anything more with it is just icing on the cake. As far as being informed as to every single little step that he is taking to add to it...why does everyone on here feel so entitled to previews of someone's personal project? He never even had to tell us there is even any future to the mod at all. What if there was no news until he released GC3? There wouldn't be any expectations for everyone to be impatient over and you would be nothing but surprised and excited that it happened. You shouldn't donate to his Patreon to "buy" preview pictures, you should do it if you can to support something you care about and any news shared with supporters should be received with gratitude and appreciation, not as an expectation.

The amount of patrons are virtually non-existent compared to how many people freely download the mod so don't think there is an entire audience of people that are feeding him steak and lobster and getting huge news that nobody else will ever see. I for one believe he deserves far more support than he receives, be it financial or otherwise.

EDIT: I don't mean this to smother the flames of any excitement or hopes anybody may have regarding news of the mod's progress, it's great to be looking forward to it! I'm referring more to those who go as far as to say they are angry or upset with the lack of screenshots or are mad at Micdoodle8 personally.
Im not angry at micdoodle or anything like that and your argument about us wanting every single piece of info isn't really valid... we are upset because those who don't pay micdoodle haven't seen ANY info in almost month(a few more days until a full month) except what was already known(new dimension, tier 3 rocket, ect.) so thats what really upsets us people who CAN'T pay him for various reasons. Honestly you were one of the ones I saw in another tread that told another player that you saw some info on the new update and when they asked about it you told them "You need to pay micdoodle to see this info" ...no offense but some of us can't afford to throw our money around like that so of course the poor ones would be upset! The economy now and days makes coming by extra cash VERY difficult.
Also mic uses adfoc which pays him every time someone clicks the skip button and with how many people download the mod thats some extra cash right there, the fact that for some time now when I click the skip button(which is probably paying micdoodle everytime) I can't download the 1.6 version of the mod on ANY of the links I tried... the wait for galacticraft 3 wouldn't be so bad if I could redownload the mod after my computer got reinstalled, I can't play AT ALL so of course im upset!

May 17, 2014
Im not angry at micdoodle or anything like that and your argument about us wanting every single piece of info isn't really valid... we are upset because those who don't pay micdoodle haven't seen ANY info in almost month(a few more days until a full month) except what was already known(new dimension, tier 3 rocket, ect.) so thats what really upsets us people who CAN'T pay him for various reasons. Honestly you were one of the ones I saw in another tread that told another player that you saw some info on the new update and when they asked about it you told them "You need to pay micdoodle to see this info" ...no offense but some of us can't afford to throw our money around like that so of course the poor ones would be upset! The economy now and days makes coming by extra cash VERY difficult.
Also mic uses adfoc which pays him every time someone clicks the skip button and with how many people download the mod thats some extra cash right there, the fact that for some time now when I click the skip button(which is probably paying micdoodle everytime) I can't download the 1.6 version of the mod on ANY of the links I tried... the wait for galacticraft 3 wouldn't be so bad if I could redownload the mod after my computer got reinstalled, I can't play AT ALL so of course im upset!
Amen brother. Spaceunicorn is also an Paetron. i donated for an fucking cape long time ago. and im not an fucking paetron while i sended messages to mitch on gmail. WTF MITCH

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com

I wasn't necessarily pointing fingers at you saying you were mad, that one was a generalization.

I very much so said that about pledging to further support his Patreon page. I also said in the same thread that I didn't mean to tease anybody with that. I was excited and wanted to encourage others to support. I had a feeling that would come back to bite me. I suppose I should have know better. Again, I was just trying to encourage support, not to brag about "what others don't know." Which, by the way, is the exact same information that you listed in this most recent post. So it is inaccurate to say that those who don't pay "haven't seen ANY info in almost month". If you dig through the GitHub pages you will find the same stuff that is on the Patreon page...which is what I did immediately before subscribing.

One last time, I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but I was excited, I wanted to share my excitement, and was trying to encourage support from anyone that is able.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch
Status
Not open for further replies.