Stuck on the moon

Potatoez

Jul 3, 2014
Hey, so I finally was able to build my tier 1 rocket and travel to the moon, but I forgot my fuel loader. I tried killing myself, but it only spawns me on the moon again. I'm playing on a private server, so I can't use /tp or /spawn.

How do I get back to the overworld?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The server owner can run the /dimensiontp Potatoez command. It's probably the simplest answer in this case.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Hey, so I finally was able to build my tier 1 rocket and travel to the moon, but I forgot my fuel loader. I tried killing myself, but it only spawns me on the moon again. I'm playing on a private server, so I can't use /tp or /spawn.

How do I get back to the overworld?
Alright boys , we got to bring em home, well call it* puts on glasses and cigar in mouth* Mission Impossible!
But seriously , ender is right that it is a server, so just ask the server owner to teleport you back
. but If I recall correctly, I think there was a thing where if you hop in the rocket you can manually insert fuel by right clicking the fuel garage with your fuel cans. You do have fuel cans. . .right?

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Alright boys , we got to bring em home, well call it* puts on glasses and cigar in mouth* Mission Impossible!
But seriously , ender is right that it is a server, so just ask the server owner to teleport you back
. but If I recall correctly, I think there was a thing where if you hop in the rocket you can manually insert fuel by right clicking the fuel garage with your fuel cans. You do have fuel cans. . .right?

There WAS a thing where you could do that. I've established fueling stations everywhere so I haven't paid attention in quite a while, but to the best of my knowledge you can no longer simply place a bucket in the rocket's inventory to fuel it.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
There WAS a thing where you could do that. I've established fueling stations everywhere so I haven't paid attention in quite a while, but to the best of my knowledge you can no longer simply place a bucket in the rocket's inventory to fuel it.
Oh, I thought that the mechanic was stil, in the mod.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Part of the issue is that if a player takes a rocket to the moon (or any other planet) there is no way to return to the Overworld without having certain essential items:
* Fuel Loader + power source / battery for the Fuel Loader +maybe a spare filled fuel canister
* Oxygen Gear + a tank for the player so that he doesn't die of suffocation before he builds the launchpad and fuels the rocket to return
* the rocket + launchpads from the lander which you first landed in

The other part of the issue is that if a player dies on the moon (or any other planet) then unless the config option
Code:
    B:"Force Overworld Spawn"=false
is set to true, the player will respawn on the moon at the world spawn point, maybe hundreds or thousands of blocks away from his death point where he dropped all his essential items.

It has been suggested a few times (example: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...wn-hq-and-a-space-suit.2777/page-3#post-31968)
that when you first land on the moon, the lander should become your spawnpoint if you die. I like that suggestion, it makes a lot of sense. It will solve the problem for players who brought all the necessary items to the Moon with them, as they can easily run back to their deathpoint and pick up the items again.

But, it doesn't help a player who forgot to bring a Fuel Loader to the Moon with him.

There is a more recent suggestion that if no spawn has been set on the moon (e.g. by sleeping in a bed) then by default the player should respawn on the Overworld, just as if "Force Overworld Spawn" was set to true.
(Thank you @Ezer'Arch for the suggestion ... ok that's not quite what he said, but close enough: see here https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/487)
That suggestion is not compatible with using the lander as the spawnpoint. We have to choose, one or the other - respawn at the lander by default, or respawn on the Overworld by default? I think respawn at the lander by default is the better choice, it's more realistic and more useful to the majority of players.

I also think that even now there is always a way for a player to get out of this situation of being stuck on the moon:
- SSP with cheats enabled, that's easy, the player can spawn in a Fuel Loader + any other needed items
- SSP with no cheats, the player can change his config to force an overworld spawn
- SMP on a friend's server, your friend can spawn in the items for you, or else he can use /dimensiontp to relocate you to the Overworld, after having a good laugh of course
- SMP on a public server, if the server staff are not around to help you, either have a friend on that server fly in a rocket to the Moon and bring the items you need, or probably there are plugin commands to get back to the Overworld easily, like /spawn, /home or /f home.

But, it would be good to add information to the Wiki tutorial that a Fuel Loader + source of electricity will definitely be needed on the Moon, if the player wants to be able to return to the Overworld.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch