How to see any galacticraft models

Jun 14, 2014
This will work for any mod by the way but this tutorial is for Windows but I bet it's the same for Mac and linux.
1.Download and install Blender.It is free.
2.Download the master source off of github for the latest models.
3.Open the master, galacticraft, src, main, resources I think, micdoodle8, and then you open asteroids for example and go in models and drag and drop the model onto your desktop for ease of access. This is probably the hardest step.
4.Startup blender and delete the cube it puts up when you start.For those who don't know, to delete just go to the first left tab and hit delete.
5.Go to the top left and click file.
6.Click import wavefront (.obj) and locate and open the models.
7.Congratulations, if you did it right then you should get to see the Models this will not apply the texture automatically.

I hope this helps you guys get by as you wait for galacticraft 3.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
How to get a playable preview of Galacticraft 3:
1) Download Minecraft 1.7.2
2) Install Forge for Minecraft 1.7.2
3) Learn Java
4) Setup a Forge development environment
5) Pull the source files and resources off of Github and add them to your development environment
6) Compile and reobfuscate
7) If you encountered any issues, see (3) above
8) Place the resulting .jar file into your .minecraft/mods folder
9) Enjoy

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
fmh5.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
How to get a playable preview of Galacticraft 3:
1) Download Minecraft 1.7.2
2) Install Forge for Minecraft 1.7.2
3) Learn Java
4) Setup a Forge development environment
5) Pull the source files and resources off of Github and add them to your development environment
6) Compile and reobfuscate
7) If you encountered any issues, see (3) above
8) Place the resulting .jar file into your .minecraft/mods folder
9) Enjoy
Do you have gc3

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm not going to email out working forge environments. Mojang don't like people distributing their source code, for starters.

You can find Forge setup tutorials online. I'll agree it is quite challenging the first time you have to set it up, took me probably 2-3 hours of tinkering to get it the first time.

Jun 14, 2014
I'm not going to email out working forge environments. Mojang don't like people distributing their source code, for starters.

You can find Forge setup tutorials online. I'll agree it is quite challenging the first time you have to set it up, took me probably 2-3 hours of tinkering to get it the first time.
Okay but can you kinda tell me how because I the last time I set up an Mcp was for the 1.4.7 galacticraft with all the planets

Jun 14, 2014

Hey I got in eclipse working minecraft 1.7.2 um then I got stuck so if you could help guide me I would really appreciate it/

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Hey I got in eclipse working minecraft 1.7.2 um then I got stuck so if you could help guide me I would really appreciate it/
You could just be patient or donate/become a patreon and gain access to GC3 Dev. It's a lot more rewarding to both sides than looking at it after a couple hours of tinkering.

Jun 14, 2014
You could just be patient or donate/become a patreon and gain access to GC3 Dev. It's a lot more rewarding to both sides than looking at it after a couple hours of tinkering.
I know I want to be able to finish the job though because it's halfway working I just can't get forge working