Resources on the Moon.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Why not adding additional ores on moon, as IRL Moon have an Iron, (Copper, Tin already added), Uranium, Magnesium, Thorium, Silicon, Titanium (moon really enriched by titanium), bunch of Tungsten, Silver, Gold, Aluminum and Water ice. Also if connect with GregTech, moon turf could be refined to helium-3 cells for Fusion Reactor.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Also why upper layer of moon called "moon turf" ? This layer has a normal name - Regolith. Why not using it?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
"Mars Regolith"
Way better than "Mars Superficial Rock" and "Mars Sub-Superficial Rock", which sound like they are just placeholders. I prefer the Moon and Mars had a better geology, currently it seems their surfaces are made of stained clay blocks. The Moon could be covered with "Moon Regolith"; and Mars, with Mars gravel and red sand with some rocks exposed.

Reactions: MoltonMontro

Llamanose100

Dec 2, 2013
I think that the lunar regolith should be more difficult to break, as of now it is very easy to break. The Moon is made out of silicates right?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I like the idea of little pebbles and boulders dotted along the surface of Mars, looking at some of the Curiosity pictures it seems quite apparent that a lot of rocks are visible on the surface.
I also like that idea, though exactly how those can be made in Minecraft will be interesting to see, as they would need to be square. It would make Slimeling Eggs harder to spot.

The Moon is not likely to be changed now. As others have posted already, the config feature for adding oregen on the Moon will allow you to add any ores from other mods which you want, on your own servers + maps. (GregTech ores need a special add-on.)

I like the idea of little pebbles and boulders dotted along the surface of Mars, looking at some of the Curiosity pictures it seems quite apparent that a lot of rocks are visible on the surface.
I also like the idea of boulders:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...y-get-to-all-the-new-planets.4422/#post-33635
They would need to be square, of course.

Way better than "Mars Superficial Rock" and "Mars Sub-Superficial Rock", which sound like they are just placeholders. I prefer the Moon and Mars had a better geology, currently it seems their surfaces are made of stained clay blocks. The Moon could be covered with "Moon Regolith"; and Mars, with Mars gravel and red sand with some rocks exposed.
I won't change Moon Turf, as (1) micdoodle8 made it and (2) I think it's a humourous name.
Mars names can maybe be changed, especially if some time there's a future improvement in Mars worldgen. I know it's also been suggested to have canyons + dried up river beds / canals on Mars, and more terrain variety generally - geology is a good word. It's a question of balancing spending time on that against other improvements needed elsewhere, like more things on the Asteroids, future planets and all the new tech which is planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch