Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Can't wait! too bad i need to wait to get my saves back in Minecraft because i have a new laptop...

emil2205

Apr 16, 2013
This week has been the slowest week, because i was waiting for the (unstable) release to come out :D!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Be compatible with this mod Mekanism 1.7.10?
This is 1.7.2, for now. Compatible with IC2.

A 1.7.10 version compatible with Mekanism is expected approximately 2 weeks after the 1.7.2 beta is out. If everything goes OK with the 1.7.2 beta.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Request for help: several of the language files still need updating, only Russian is 100% up to date.

Updating a language file is quite easy (if you speak the language!). Anyone can do it! See this thread: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/want-to-translate-galacticraft-check-this-out.4328/
Click on the links to the language files and you can see what is needed.

French, German, Polish need small updates.
Dutch, Finnish, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish need a lot of work.

LividPumpkin

Nov 8, 2013
Request for help: several of the language files still need updating, only Russian is 100% up to date
when GC3 will be released ? mic said it will be released in a few hours is this real ?? do he mean 1 hour ?

sorry for my question but iam sooooooooo excited !

Last edited by a moderator:

DWIld

Jul 26, 2014
Fire of Space/Omega Quadrant
sorry for my question but iam sooooooooo excited !
You know you can edit your posts, right? But to answer your question hours can mean 2-23 hours and the last thing mic wrote on twitter was:
"Beta release postponed due to some issues that arose during the final stages of development. Expect it later today (Saturday).". Which was 7 hours ago, but that doesn't necessary mean that it will be out today, because there always can be unforseen complications.
Be patient.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Radfast, will there be a public multiplayer server for galacticraft 3 or are there any you are aware of? I would prefer to share the thrill of the new version of this mod with friends rather than alone.

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
Request for help: several of the language files still need updating, only Russian is 100% up to date.

Updating a language file is quite easy (if you speak the language!). Anyone can do it! See this thread: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/want-to-translate-galacticraft-check-this-out.4328/
Click on the links to the language files and you can see what is needed.

French, German, Polish need small updates.
Dutch, Finnish, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish need a lot of work.
am I the only one who actually took in consideration this message and translated something???
I've translated most of the french file,sadly not everything since I don't know what most of the items will do but I hope this helped

emil2205

Apr 16, 2013
I was thinking about making a Danish translation. But how do I do it? And how do I make the Danish translations folder?!

LividPumpkin

Nov 8, 2013
You know you can edit your posts, right? But to answer your question hours can mean 2-23 hours and the last thing mic wrote on twitter was:
"Beta release postponed due to some issues that arose during the final stages of development. Expect it later today (Saturday).". Which was 7 hours ago, but that doesn't necessary mean that it will be out today, because there always can be unforseen complications.
Be patient.
Ok thank you i just wanted to know but you Don't have to Kill me :p

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I was thinking about making a Danish translation. But how do I do it? And how do I make the Danish translations folder?!
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/want-to-translate-galacticraft-check-this-out.4328/

TL;DR:

* Download the en_US.lang files to your PC - links in that thread. There are 4 different files - all have the same name so figure something out: either do it one by one or name them differently on your PC.

* Edit the files on your PC in a good text editor. It's a lot of lines like "item.titanium_sword.name=Titanium Sword". Change the English text "Titanium Sword" into the Danish translation. Save the files. Give them sensible names like dk_DK-asteroids.lang.

* Upload the saved files online somewhere - use DropBox or PasteBin or whatever you like - and give me the links, I will do the rest.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thank you @bart74 for updating the French translation. Nice job, and shows other people how easy it is :)