Escape Rockets, Evolved Blazes, and More

Out of all the ideas I have so far, which ones do you like?

• The Ores and the Overpowered Iridium Armor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compressing/Decompressing liquids. Storage Space FTW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The CraZcat

Aug 4, 2014
Alternate Universe
Good day to you, galaxy! I just came up with a few interesting (from my twisted perspective anyway:p) ideas I thought I wanted to share with you all. FIRST UP!
Escape Rockets
These are the rockets that made it to the title of the thread, and I'm going to assume their blueprints will be found in the upcoming asteroid dungeons. They resemble Tier 3 rockets, but are much smaller (A little bigger than a cargo rocket). They work like the standard rockets, but are also rather different in the following ways:
-They cannot accept chest upgrades. This is intentional.
-These rockets count down from 5 rather than 20 (They ARE designed for escaping, after all).
-They get you off of planets and moons much faster, at around three times the speed of a tier 3 rocket. (Ditto.)
-You can't pilot them directly. (See below for details.)

Remember that last point? Escape rockets are automatic. On their own, they will get you to your nearest space station or to the Overworld (whichever is the closest one, the only rule being it can't send you somewhere if you're already there). With a launch controller, you can control this a lot more precisely, controlling where it goes like you would a cargo rocket. in fact, you can use a launch controller to customize your escape rockets as much as a cargo rocket, though you can't load cargo on it or send an escape rocket off on its own. (What good would an escape rocket be if it escaped without you?) They can send you anywhere overall, but not unless you've been there before (because you'll need to get to your destination before you can set launch controllers on that planet/moon in the first place)! Overall, these rockets are designed to quickly get you off of dangerous planets and back home, or simply to go between space base A and space base B faster than a regular rocket would.
-Fuel
I imagine they would need 1 2/3 fuel canisters to be fueled completely. They're not designed to get you far but they need the extra fuel due to their speed.
With that one done, let's look at the other suggestions on my list!
Ores
-Cosmic Gems
Gemstones found in the asteroids and beyond, resembling the unimplemented rubies besides their more brilliant glow. These gemstones can be used for laser foci for more advanced energy beam devices, as ingredients for higher-tier rocket components and machines, distilled into a more powerful rocket fuel, or even converted into a good pile of 20 redstone dust. They are as common as iron in the asteroids and as common as redstone elsewhere.
-Iridium Ore
A rarer-than-diamond metal hidden in the depths of space. You can find it anywhere beyond Mars, but it's mostly in the asteroid belt and similar. This tough-as-nails ore must be smelted three times over to form into ingots, which can then be used for high-end machines, impressively cool rocket parts (for tiers 5 and above), or for crafting into the incredibly awesome but ridiculously expensive iridium armor- It's just a bit weaker than diamond, but it lasts three times longer! To top that off, the iridium blocks are essentially a shiner and more valuable version of obsidian. Wow!
-Platinum Ore
This ore is rare like iridium, but is found and used differently. It's most common on hot planets like Mercury or deep in the caverns of Mars, though it IS possible to find a pinch of it in the Overworld if you search for a few real-time weeks. It's used for building inferior-to-iridium machines as well as
improved space gear.
Machines
-Liquid Compressor/Decompressor
Compresses/Decompresses liquids (and gases in liquid form) into more compact forms, with upgraded versions able to compress/decompress the fluids even more. This is useful for storing 100 canisters's worth of liquid oxygen/other things in just one canister, though you will need high-end versions of these machines to go that far.
-More when I come up with them.

Mobs
-Evolved Blaze
Evolved versions of the Nether Fortress's Blaze, who have left their home dimension to conquer the depths of space. Evolved blazes look just like their nether counterpart, except that these blazes are slightly taller and don an oxygen helmet and frequency module. They prepare their fireballs faster than a normal blaze, and shoot five at a time rather than the normal three. On the other hand, evolved blazes fly slower and more haphazardly due to the lesser gravity. They first appear in the asteroid belt, and also reappear on hot planets like Mercury and Venus. (Perhaps there could be an evolved blaze boss in one of those areas?) When defeated, they drop blaze rods like their nether counterpart, along with an occasional frequency module. (Why do they seem to be so fond of frequency modules? Nobody knows. Unless, of course, there is an evolved blaze somewhere on these forums that would like to tell us?:))

-Evolved Blaze Boss
That boss I mentioned fifteen seconds ago. It looks like a gigantic evolved blaze, except that some of its rods are icy blue rather than the normal yellow. It hovers around the room firing fireballs and chilly iceballs at you, firing a total of seven at a time. Fireballs set you on fire, iceballs inflict both slowness and weakness for a little while. Like the Evolved Creeper Boss before it, it can only be damaged by deflecting its fire/iceballs, but this time, it isn't that simple. The blaze will either set on fire or wrap itself with snow when it prepares its projectiles. If it's on fire, it can only be damaged by the iceballs, and if wrapped with snow, by fireballs. If neither one is active, neither projectile will work. When an adventurer has figured out the trick to beating it, it will surrender its dungeon key (the kind depending on which planet the boss ends up in), a few blaze rods for kicks, and once again, one of those newfangled frequency modules (except this particular one is improved and thus more powerful than the normal version).
-I'll come up with more soon!

Well.... That's all I can come up with right now. It would be a wise idea to check the thread regularly as I plan to add/remove ideas as I see fit. Let me know what you think below and select your favorites above.

Last edited:

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Mostly everything here I approve of, especially the escape rocket. I really like the idea of a quick getaway rocket. The one idea I don't like is Iridium, specifically the armor. Although it is very expensive to obtain, I feel that its too overpowered. Other than that, you have some great ideas sir!

The CraZcat

Aug 4, 2014
Alternate Universe
Mostly everything here I approve of, especially the escape rocket. I really like the idea of a quick getaway rocket. The one idea I don't like is Iridium, specifically the armor. Although it is very expensive to obtain, I feel that its too overpowered. Other than that, you have some great ideas sir!
I thank you for the compliment! And as for that iridium armor. I'll make it between iron and diamond in strength (but it will still last as long as I first intended). How's that?

Your ideas seem good but it lacks a link in the evolutionary chain. BLAZE-EVOLVED BLAZE- ? -EVOLVED BLAZE BOSS. I think the missing link should be the space blaze the opposite of other blazes it makes sense the miniboss could be a space blaze-evolved blaze hybrid. Which opens room for evolved blaze and space blaze pets which can be bred to create the miniboss blaze pet. Its just a suggestion I'm not hating on your ideas.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Your ideas seem good but it lacks a link in the evolutionary chain. BLAZE-EVOLVED BLAZE- ? -EVOLVED BLAZE BOSS. I think the missing link should be the space blaze the opposite of other blazes it makes sense the miniboss could be a space blaze-evolved blaze hybrid. Which opens room for evolved blaze and space blaze pets which can be bred to create the miniboss blaze pet. Its just a suggestion I'm not hating on your ideas.
Not really sure what you mean on the fact that his idea is mission an evolutionary chain. As moltenmontro said, that would mean that all mobs would be mission a link in evolution. In that case, I think your barking up the wrong tree. It would make more sense to grind galacticraft on that..

The CraZcat

Aug 4, 2014
Alternate Universe
What I mean is the evolved blaze boss has fire and ice abilities while all other blazes have just fire, all I was saying is that there should be a ice blaze with just ice, that makes the blaze boss a hybrid.
Actually, I was thinking the Evolved blaze boss to be the only blaze to shoot iceballs. If there were regular enemies that did that, then they would look awfully like the Blizz from the Thermal Expansion mod. If you want to see a Blizz without downloading that mod, here is a screenshot for you. (Yes, I have mods besides galacticraft up my sleeve!)2014-08-07_16.20.08.png