Space Station escape capsules/drop pods

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I really wish I didn't have to delete the original thread and all the support it had due to spam.
Solved. I merged both topics and removed about 22 posts for derail/off-topic. Feel free to edit your posts, Dex.

Just don't need to bump your topics every 48 hours. ;)

(this one just above is legit)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2014
Please don't bump dead threads if you don't have significant content to say, this is not the only one. Also, you don't need to quote a huge post just to comment 1 line.
I had an idea of maybe starting a server eventually, but had a few ideas about a spawn area. One idea was to have players initially spawn on a public space station (There doesn't seem to be a way to do this currently). This is when I had an idea. (...SNIP!...)
FANTASTIC IDEA!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awsome and could come in handy 76% of the time and it doesn't just need to be
a convenient transport it could also be used to escape your station, ship, earth base etc. If your under attack. For the earth base it will launch you vertically into the air

LOL ia Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy Mega Easy drop pod thingy... There are the photoz.
By the way you could probably add a piston and anvil to give you a floor atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
I shall wait patiently for that 'what do you think of this post' thing to pop up. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
This is awsome and could come in handy 76% of the time and it doesn't just need to be
a convenient transport it could also be used to escape your station, ship, earth base etc. If your under attack. For the earth base it will launch you vertically into the air

I always liked the ICBM mod, and thought it would be cool if that mod had a type of missile that could fit the player inside, but the rest would act like the normal missiles did. Depending on which launch pad you used would decide how accurate your targeting was. Of course it would have been extra cool if it had versions of the pod/missile like I mentioned above (with cargo, etc). Alas it never happened, and the author of ICBM decided to drop the project (I think he moved on from Minecraft modding).

If this ever gets added to GC (I'm still hoping), the code from ICBM, which Cal made open source last I heard, could be used for the over world portion of the addition. The droppod/capsules shouldn't reach space of course since that would invalidate the need for rockets.

It would be a neat way to get around the overworld or send supplies to your friend when they ask for things they've run out of. Just load a capsule and drop it onto their base from space or launch it across the overworld. I know I know there's already the launch controllers that let you do that with rockets, but I don't like using those in multiplayer. Especially on larger servers. Since they rely on a numbering system, it's just too easy for people to mess up your setup (either by accident or on purpose) by numbering their controller the same as yours, or filling your storage with random crap by setting their destination to your pad.

Louby65

Jun 1, 2017
These sound awesome! Maybe add a chance to shatter on impact or drop on impact- if they drop, they can be used to return to the space station and if they shatter they drop some steel or something.

momoking8289

May 23, 2017
An added bonus would be that server admins could drop care packages randomly around the planet. If they build a system to auto-craft the cargo only pods and fill them with some basic items, and then drop using the tier 1 launchers and a redstone timer.

If a good coder wants to try their hand on this, I wouldn't mind. It doesn't even have to necessarily be an add-on to GC. If it's anything like I envisioned, it would get a download from me.
Ya, if the pods could be placed by dispensers, then you could send the items through a magnetic crafting tabe and brop them on to the launchers