GC3: Gravitation and Ladders.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
With low gravity on orbit dimension, almost impossible to use ladders. Only moving up, nor down. Is it possible turn back gravity to 5% like it was in GC2?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Not going to turn gravity back on - there is no gravity in orbit. (More accurately, you are in perpetual freefall.)

But I'll definitely look at a way to have ladders work - that seems important, ladders are a great way to move around in space. Stairs are more of a problem.

Reactions: armdn

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
And why ladders you can go down easily with SS gravity
Not quite. In minecraft with zero gravity no way to be repelled from any side, and again, with jumping from down to up - jump is to short, i for example cannot jump through all vertical module of my space station. So using ladders is important.

Not going to turn gravity back on - there is no gravity in orbit. (More accurately, you are in perpetual freefall.)

But I'll definitely look at a way to have ladders work - that seems important, ladders are a great way to move around in space. Stairs are more of a problem.
Thank you radfast for response, will wait for solution. :)

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Not quite. In minecraft with zero gravity no way to be repelled from any side, and again, with jumping from down to up - jump is to short, i for example cannot jump through all vertical module of my space station. So using ladders is important.

Thank you radfast for response, will wait for solution. :)
oh ok i suggest for you jetpack or do what i do i use grapple hook to go place fast and easy u can go up or down just try to put some blocks in good place

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Better to use ladders instead of grapple hook. It is strange to use hook inside the station...

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
In the meantime guys I suggest using the Dynamic Transport mod for vertical movement in your space stations.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Better to use ladders instead of grapple hook. It is strange to use hook inside the station...
:p Yep but I think it's strongly helpful when housing spin thrusters cause your space station could move and leave you orbiting on Earth for ever there is chance the gravity will pull you

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
(It's broken with ladders because Minecraft does something special with the movement controls on the ladder before Galacticraft gets to see them.)

Until the ladders are working, you can use walls to move up and down. On space stations, whenever the player is within 1 block's distance from a block - so roughly the length of the arms - it's like you are grabbing on to any handholds the wall offers, and so you can use WASD controls to move up down left or right.

Whatever 'up' means in space ...