The Forever Gate and the moon Ganymede

Vizerei

Sep 30, 2014
My suggestion is adding the moon Ganymede. My reasons for this are myself and a few others are making a mod/map pack based off of the novels by Isaac Hooke named The Forever Gate. Not only does Ganymede play a central role to the story, but is one of the wonders of the Jovian system.

Regards,
-Viz

Reactions: Vigilantecow

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
My suggestion is adding the moon Ganymede. My reasons for this are myself and a few others are making a mod/map pack based off of the novels by Isaac Hooke named The Forever Gate. Not only does Ganymede play a central role to the story, but is one of the wonders of the Jovian system.

Regards,
-Viz
I'd eventually like to see some of the Jovian moons, but I feel like Europa would be a bit more interesting and I would rather see Europa implemented before Ganymede.

Reactions: AcapitalA
Jul 13, 2014
sorry if I say you my humble opinion, but I think that planets should be ALL added in GC, including moons. Maybe we can start to say also other solar system in the galaxy.
Kepler Cignus betelgeuse sirius SWEEPS-04 PSR B1257+12 OGLE-2012-BLG-0406L Terminus Trantor Anacreon Gaia Arcturus askone asperta comporellen florina... etc etc... then another galaxy, another galaxy even more and another universe... 2 other universe... 3 other universe!!! we can go on a lot. anyway, I think the next dimension should be Venus, because it's closest. (why a rocket that can reach asteroids cannot reach venus???)

Jul 13, 2014
It's not just about reaching it, it's about landing there. While the asteroid belt doesnt require you to enter an atmosphere, venus has a rather thick atmosphere. There are many more differences between Venus and the asteroid belt when it comes to requirements.
yeah. a genius! really, I didn't thought about this... also if I wrote a suggestion for consider atmosphere! :D anyway, for now we have colder dimension, so I want Venus because finally we have an innovation.

Reactions: Vigilantecow

Vizerei

Sep 30, 2014
I'd eventually like to see some of the Jovian moons, but I feel like Europa would be a bit more interesting and I would rather see Europa implemented before Ganymede.

I would disagree on that. Europa is essentially a giant iceball with liquid water center. So you have a thick ice layer and then ocean underneath. We all know how much people love large ocean biomes (they typically don't). While Ganymede also has an icy surface, it is also rocks, is thought to possess oceans, has a thin O2/O3 atmosphere, and is the only moon in the solar system to possess it's on magnetosphere, meaning it has a molten iron core. Not to mention it is also the largest moon in the solar system.

So I believe Ganymede would likely be quite a bit more interesting than ice/water forever :).

Vizerei

Sep 30, 2014
I smell a contradiction in your argument...

But yes, I can see what you mean. But I think Europa would be a bit more than just icy oceans..... I imagine something that would look like a Dr. Seuss story...

LOL yeah I guess that is a bit of a contradiction. Perhaps I worded badly, I meant Europa is ALL ocean under the ice whereas Ganymede is thought to have more "water layers" than just mass ocean to the core.
http://www.universetoday.com/111630/ganymedes-subsurface-ocean-is-like-a-club-sandwich/