Artificial gravity for your land base

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Hey guys, sorry I hijacked the thread with a piece about sideways gravity in space stations, it wasn't really even the right place for that (but it helps me to get the ideas written down in a logical way).

Thank you @JakXLT for bringing the thread back on topic.

We have short-range teleporters so why not gravity generators, I guess. I'll talk to micdoodle8 about it. They might not be seen until GC4. But I can see the hilariousness of a gravity generator suddenly being switched off. Our freefall code would need a bit more work, I think you'd want players, mobs, items and liquids all to start floating about in mid-air when that happens.

Sure thing. Keep us posted, if you guys decide you want to add in gravity generators there are some other ways it can be done, without the use of magnets.

Daniel Suarez

Nov 2, 2014
Right now if you go to your own space station its a pain in the ass to move around since there is no gravity. Also its sometimes hard in the moon and mars. Also in asteroids where the gravity is too high. So my suggestion is to have a gravity generator that will make the gravity just right. Like in the overworld. It will require energy of course. And i think it should take in like twice as the oxygen sealer does.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Then why does it say "implemented"

"Gravity on space stations and planets (8 threads) (implemented!)"
Yes, that's not precise. I changed that to "Partially implemented". The thing is I didn't want to mark every topic if it's implemented or not (there are about 150 topics already), I rather marked just the category to avoid information over-clogging.

i think you should lock this topic :)
Merging is better for this case.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
Artificial gravity is implemented. You have to understand actual science though. You make a large station, preferably one with "arms", spin. The centrifugal force creates gravity.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Artificial gravity is implemented. You have to understand actual science though. You make a large station, preferably one with "arms", spin. The centrifugal force creates gravity.
However, the effect is has is very small currently. I'd like to see the force that the spin thrusters has increased, it would be an extremely cool way to make effective artificial gravity!

S3kshun8

Nov 7, 2014
Maybe it could be an attachment to Oxygen Sealers, giving fully sealed rooms regular gravity (or even making the gravity configurable).

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Yet no machine it self that creates gravity efficiently.
http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Spin_Thruster
Grid_Spin_Thruster.png

Like said before. Creates centripetal force, and the capability to generate gravity realistically. Also a machine, as you've stated in your preference for gravitational devices....

Gekens

Dec 4, 2014
This idea for the space station: create a new block to manipulate gravity. counteract gravity