Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew A

Nov 9, 2014
Wisconsin USA
mattparks.net
MC VERSIONS: 1.7.x & 1.6.4

About:

Want to explore many planets, asteroids and moons? Want to blast off with many new rockets, craft new armors, mine new ores and build with many new blocks? 4-Space includes all of the planets in our solar systems even some moons! So what are you waiting for? The solar system isn’t going to explore itself!

Links:
Homepage & Download: http://4space.mods.center/
Github: https://github.com/4-Space/4-Space-1.7
Github Organization: https://github.com/4-Space

Features:

Adds more planets to Galacticraft:

• Mercury!
  • Venus!
  • Jupiter!
  • Io!
  • Euorpa!
  • Callisto!
  • Saturn!
  • Uranus!
  • Neptune!
  • Pluto!
  • AND MORE SOON!!!
Adds new ores, decoration blocks, tools, armor and some scary mobs!
SMP multiplier support.
Fully configurable Config files.
Full compatibility with other mods like ICBM and Big Reactors.
Multiple language support!
Low system requirements!
Open source code!

Mercury:
mercury.jpg Mercury is the closest planet to the sun and the second planet added to 4-Space, this world has a surface full of craters but is relatively flat. On the surface you will experience 38% gravity and a lot of red slimes, these slimes can be used in red slime blocks which can be used as a 1 block thick airlock. Under the surface you can find Tin, Copper, Gold and Iridium; Iridium can be used in tools and armor which is one of the tools that can remove dungeon bricks.

Venus:
venus.jpg
Venus is the second planet from the sun and is the original planet added to 4-Space, the surface does not have many creators but does have large mountains and deep canyons. Venus has a very thick atmosphere and at first glance the sun looks like a snowflake, the surface also has a 90% gravity. Building a unlit base on Venus will result in many Evolved Blazes spawning, but the ore frequency makes up for the danger. While mining you might find Iron, Coal, Tin, Copper, Fossilized Plant, Crystals, Uranium, Sulfur or Red Gem. Sulfur and Red Gem are both used in armor and tool crafting, but only Red Gem can break dungeon bricks. Uranium is compatible with most mods that use Uranium but it is also used in a Uranium battery which holds up to 150MJ of charge.

Gas Giants:
io.jpg
Because it isn’t realistic to land on gas giants, instead you get to land on there much more interesting moons! You can still see them on the map, you just can’t land on them. All of the moons are a huge WIP but I plan on adding Ganymede, Mimas, Enceladus, Titan, and Triton. In the end they will all have ores and different world generation from each other. Each moon has a different terrain but moons orbiting the same Gas Giant will have similar ores.

Videos (Not Not All Of These Are In English Limited To 5 Videos):
Jaru's Galatic Space Program Series:

Decaxon's Full review + Developer interview:

Mattparks's Gliese 581 Map Demo:

Decaxon's Full Review:

How We Came To Be:

4SPACE WAS THE FIRST DEVELOPED AND RELEASED GALACTICRAFT ADDON AND HAS BEEN GOING STRONG SENSE AUGUST 2013, THIS ADDON WAS CREATED BY MATTPARKS AND ASSISTED BY MANY DEVELOPERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerARK13
Feb 1, 2014
Your pictures are broken; can you fix them please? Also, have you thought about making some extra things like heat requirimg the padding, in the case of Venus, and things such as unique mobs and special items? Also, will there be any crossmod compatability like Galacticraft has?

Matthew A

Nov 9, 2014
Wisconsin USA
mattparks.net
Your pictures are broken; can you fix them please? Also, have you thought about making some extra things like heat requirimg the padding, in the case of Venus, and things such as unique mobs and special items? Also, will there be any crossmod compatability like Galacticraft has?
Ill fix the pictures, The 1.7 version requires heat pads on all of the planets, Venus has 3 unique mobs and I might add I yellow brown Io spider.

Oh. Hi matt. Are you adding the new Io Blocks?
Yes all of the Io blocks are being added, BTW the BiomeDecorator's lava generation on Io is broken. Ive put all of the code on github https://github.com/4-Space/4-Space-1.7 IDK what it is so I disabled Io lava generation. It worked fine in eclipse but broke outside of it!

Feb 1, 2014
Is that /liquid glowstone/ on Venus?

And one thing I could suggest is for Io and Europa and possibly other planets is using the liquid generation from other mods like Thermal Expansion, adding liquid glowstone, ender, and even metals! I recall that Saturn and Jupiter both have seas of metal. And with Gregtech and some other mods, even Galacticraft itself, you can have oceans of metahne, oxygen, and hydrogen!

Matthew A

Nov 9, 2014
Wisconsin USA
mattparks.net
Is that /liquid glowstone/ on Venus?

And one thing I could suggest is for Io and Europa and possibly other planets is using the liquid generation from other mods like Thermal Expansion, adding liquid glowstone, ender, and even metals! I recall that Saturn and Jupiter both have seas of metal. And with Gregtech and some other mods, even Galacticraft itself, you can have oceans of metahne, oxygen, and hydrogen!
The second photo is of Io, as you can see in that photo there are small pods of the liquid. If I was to make a planet all out of liquid it would lag very much I have tried before. I have made gas planets with clouds like the Aeather that don't seam to be 1/2 bad but unrealistic! I probably will end up with space stations over Gas Planets that have buildcraft like liquid pumps going into the clouds pumping up what ever the planets surface is made of.

Feb 1, 2014
The second photo is of Io, as you can see in that photo there are small pods of the liquid. If I was to make a planet all out of liquid it would lag very much I have tried before. I have made gas planets with clouds like the Aeather that don't seam to be 1/2 bad but unrealistic! I probably will end up with space stations over Gas Planets that have buildcraft like liquid pumps going into the clouds pumping up what ever the planets surface is made of.

That... that would be AWESOME. Have the surface be made entirely of a cloudlike material, air for around 50 layers and then liquid. Oh damn that would be /epic/ and make those planets awesome for utility.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
IO is awesome but i think you should add mountains and in the top as venus put burn stone or lava.

Also i think you should add stuff to patreon like more pictures and better tiers

wappylol

Sep 16, 2013
Around noon on Io, there should be a slightly small chance of an explosion of rock and lava flying everywhere (eruption) like real Io. That is Io, right?

Edit: Yeah its Io. And maybe randomly generating volcanoes that spew lava. When I say noon I mean when Jupiter is right above your head.
(reading the Wikipedia page right now)
Also lava lakes. Exploding ones.
Also lava is special and hurts you to be near. Wikipedia says 2150 degrees F.
Also black clouds.
And doomsday clouds that move around and stuff.

Wow Wikipedia, thanks for letting me give him all these super deadly ideas! xD
I wrote these things as I saw them on Wikipedia. xD

Last edited:

Matthew A

Nov 9, 2014
Wisconsin USA
mattparks.net
Around noon on Io, there should be a slightly small chance of an explosion of rock and lava flying everywhere (eruption) like real Io. That is Io, right?

Edit: Yeah its Io. And maybe randomly generating volcanoes that spew lava. When I say noon I mean when Jupiter is right above your head.
Also black clouds.

If our lava generation would work in testing without crashing we would have that, Io is tidally locked so it will be always noon soon..

wappylol

Sep 16, 2013
If our lava generation would work in testing without crashing we would have that, Io is tidally locked so it will be always noon soon..
Huh. Well, then does all the other stuff really matter? You would really just need volcanoes if you guys can get it to work.

wappylol

Sep 16, 2013
Thing is, LAG. From past experience volcanoes lag a lot! I'm not compromising game play for one feature that may crash some peoples game.
I don't mean like super-huge things. I mean something like, 10 or 15 blocks high and 10 or 15 blocks wide. I don't have a great computer. But you don't have to or anything. It would just be cool. Like a pretend volcano. People do it with command blocks to spawn particle effects somehow. Command blocks are confusing...

Mod is amazing anyway.

wappylol

Sep 16, 2013

Also black clouds.

I was tired last night and kept going on and on. I just read this again today o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.