Extra exploration stuff

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
Hey everyone, im posting another idea thread for a few features that would be cool and useful in various ways for players.
Well, here we go...
Exploration: I know the mod is trying as hard to be as realistic as possible(and I love that, I really do) but sometimes you need to add in some fiction for more fun with mods that do things like this. I was thinking along the lines of things like ancient ruins or alien cells/creatures on certain planets... we already have hostile minecraft mobs on them so why not? These things would certainly give players more reason to go to other planets so they can explore alien enviroments.

Now ill attempt to make a organized list of features for each planetary body.
Moon: The Moon is actually fine currently bur a few extra features can be added for builders or miners. First the crust of the Moon is made up of two main types of rock, anorthosite and basalt. Their can be 3 biomes that make up the Moon: Serenity Sea biome, a large dip in the Moons surface similar to a ocean biome without the water. Dark Side, a biome that is always dark and will allow players to harvest basalt at the upper layers. Moon, this is the biome we already have except with the addition of anorthosite. There should also be rare iron deposits since there's iron on the moon irl.

Mars:
Mars Stonebricks and their decayed varients - red versions of overworld stonebricks.
Mossy Mars Cobblestone: Red version of normal mossy cobblestone.
Desh Crate: A crate made out of Desh and wood, very study and keeps inventory when broken so good for moving.
Red Sand: A red version of overworld sand. This can be smelted for red stained glass or processed for a small bit of metals like iron since this sand is mainly the eroded remains of ancient structures that rusted to dust and covers most of the surface
Smik Tree: A tree with green wood and black leaves recovered from a tree sample found in labs. Shape is similar to an oak tree.
Klunp Tree: A tree with red wood and dark green leaves recovered from a tree sample found in labs. Shape is similar to an spruce tree.
Mup: A edible crop that is similar to overworld potatos and can be used as suitble substitutes.

Mars should have a surface of red sand with a weather system where dust storms happen occasionally and carbon snow will fall and pile up like normal snow. Also there should be abandoned and crumbling structures of a technically advance civilization that once inhabited the planet(I know this isn't really fact but it would make things a bit more interesting on the exploration side of the mod...). The civilization is unknown and there isn't enough of the ruins or information on Mars left to find out who or what they were, only the ruined remains of their technology and buildings(Maybe there can be a planet in another system later on in galacticrafts future that has the last living desendants of the Mars race living in a tribal lifestyle in another solar system) can be found but most of it has eroded to the elements to create a surface of red sand.
The ruins consist of homes, labs, and other structures that have decayed in various ways, some even being decayed to the point of being nothing more then a pile of red sand.

Structures should be rare as to keep the barren wasteland feel but still add in things to find as you explore. Labs can be a structure that spawns two ways: one partially sunken into the ground and one on the surface, both have a entrance to the a underground research portion of the lab and are made of rusted metals. This portion will be similar to a big dungeon and the loot obtained from it can be slimeling eggs, genetic samples from the previous locals, and various decoration blocks as well as broken/ruined machines that with enough work can be restored to working order. One such machine would be the restoration machine and splicing chamber. You throw a gene
sample into the restoration machine and it attempts to recontruct the previous organism from the sample, this rarely works though for obvious reasons and even then it can only reconstuct plant based biological material.

The splicing chamber was another idea I thought up based off my previous idea thread for a breathable gas feature(http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/pick-a-breathable-gas.4774/), it would use gene samples or fossils/materials plus blueprints found on certain planets to change a players breathable gas and survivable thermal level... of course if you change it from oxygen you have to be careful when you go to the overworld until you reach the upgraded endgame version of the splicing table, which would let you splice up to 3 different gases to be breathable by default.

Ruined homes are another rare stucture that would spawn on Mars except instead of the loot the labs have, you can find martian based armor, tools, and blocks similar to an overworld players home having made and stored such things. Ruined homes are made from either rusted metals, mars stonebricks and mars cobblestone, or they can be a collasped pile of red sand.

Future planets:
The planets that will be added in future updates can have various terrain features of their own such as a massive ocean under Europas icey surface as an example or small lakes of liquid glowstone and liquid sulfur on Venus. Another thing that would be interesting to see implemented is crashed alein ships. These would help players progress farther then tier 3 technology by having players reverse engineer the alien tech for new and better machines while still needing the blueprint from dungeons to upgrade rockets. The farther a player gets in the tech tree, the more valueble these ships can become since at the final teir players could possibly fix or rebuild these alien vessels, even modifying them to fit their need/wants.
In other words, a player fixes the crashed ship structure up and use a specific item on it and they have a customizable ship for their usage!

And there you have it, another idea thread. Only problem is im unsure how many of these have already been suggested before and I couldn't find Ezer'Arch's suggestion thread even though I know it exists... that thing should really be glued to the first page of the forums to prevent suggesters from wasting time typing stuff like this out in the event their idea was already suggestedNevermind... I was dumb and was looking at page 2 of the suggestion catagory ._.
I have no idea what to do with this now that I know I wasted my time making this... almost everything has already been suggested before ;_;

BJ97

Apr 12, 2015
Australia
Hey everyone, im posting another idea thread for a few features that would be cool and useful in various ways for players.
Well, here we go...
Exploration: I know the mod is trying as hard to be as realistic as possible(and I love that, I really do) but sometimes you need to add in some fiction for more fun with mods that do things like this. I was thinking along the lines of things like ancient ruins or alien cells/creatures on certain planets... we already have hostile minecraft mobs on them so why not? These things would certainly give players more reason to go to other planets so they can explore alien enviroments.

Now ill attempt to make a organized list of features for each planetary body.
Moon: The Moon is actually fine currently bur a few extra features can be added for builders or miners. First the crust of the Moon is made up of two main types of rock, anorthosite and basalt. Their can be 3 biomes that make up the Moon: Serenity Sea biome, a large dip in the Moons surface similar to a ocean biome without the water. Dark Side, a biome that is always dark and will allow players to harvest basalt at the upper layers. Moon, this is the biome we already have except with the addition of anorthosite. There should also be rare iron deposits since there's iron on the moon irl.

Mars:
Mars Stonebricks and their decayed varients - red versions of overworld stonebricks.
Mossy Mars Cobblestone: Red version of normal mossy cobblestone.
Desh Crate: A crate made out of Desh and wood, very study and keeps inventory when broken so good for moving.
Red Sand: A red version of overworld sand. This can be smelted for red stained glass or processed for a small bit of metals like iron since this sand is mainly the eroded remains of ancient structures that rusted to dust and covers most of the surface
Smik Tree: A tree with green wood and black leaves recovered from a tree sample found in labs. Shape is similar to an oak tree.
Klunp Tree: A tree with red wood and dark green leaves recovered from a tree sample found in labs. Shape is similar to an spruce tree.
Mup: A edible crop that is similar to overworld potatos and can be used as suitble substitutes.

Mars should have a surface of red sand with a weather system where dust storms happen occasionally and carbon snow will fall and pile up like normal snow. Also there should be abandoned and crumbling structures of a technically advance civilization that once inhabited the planet(I know this isn't really fact but it would make things a bit more interesting on the exploration side of the mod...). The civilization is unknown and there isn't enough of the ruins or information on Mars left to find out who or what they were, only the ruined remains of their technology and buildings(Maybe there can be a planet in another system later on in galacticrafts future that has the last living desendants of the Mars race living in a tribal lifestyle in another solar system) can be found but most of it has eroded to the elements to create a surface of red sand.
The ruins consist of homes, labs, and other structures that have decayed in various ways, some even being decayed to the point of being nothing more then a pile of red sand.

Structures should be rare as to keep the barren wasteland feel but still add in things to find as you explore. Labs can be a structure that spawns two ways: one partially sunken into the ground and one on the surface, both have a entrance to the a underground research portion of the lab and are made of rusted metals. This portion will be similar to a big dungeon and the loot obtained from it can be slimeling eggs, genetic samples from the previous locals, and various decoration blocks as well as broken/ruined machines that with enough work can be restored to working order. One such machine would be the restoration machine and splicing chamber. You throw a gene
sample into the restoration machine and it attempts to recontruct the previous organism from the sample, this rarely works though for obvious reasons and even then it can only reconstuct plant based biological material.

The splicing chamber was another idea I thought up based off my previous idea thread for a breathable gas feature(http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/pick-a-breathable-gas.4774/), it would use gene samples or fossils/materials plus blueprints found on certain planets to change a players breathable gas and survivable thermal level... of course if you change it from oxygen you have to be careful when you go to the overworld until you reach the upgraded endgame version of the splicing table, which would let you splice up to 3 different gases to be breathable by default.

Ruined homes are another rare stucture that would spawn on Mars except instead of the loot the labs have, you can find martian based armor, tools, and blocks similar to an overworld players home having made and stored such things. Ruined homes are made from either rusted metals, mars stonebricks and mars cobblestone, or they can be a collasped pile of red sand.

Future planets:
The planets that will be added in future updates can have various terrain features of their own such as a massive ocean under Europas icey surface as an example or small lakes of liquid glowstone and liquid sulfur on Venus. Another thing that would be interesting to see implemented is crashed alein ships. These would help players progress farther then tier 3 technology by having players reverse engineer the alien tech for new and better machines while still needing the blueprint from dungeons to upgrade rockets. The farther a player gets in the tech tree, the more valueble these ships can become since at the final teir players could possibly fix or rebuild these alien vessels, even modifying them to fit their need/wants.
In other words, a player fixes the crashed ship structure up and use a specific item on it and they have a customizable ship for their usage!

And there you have it, another idea thread. Only problem is im unsure how many of these have already been suggested before and I couldn't find Ezer'Arch's suggestion thread even though I know it exists... that thing should really be glued to the first page of the forums to prevent suggesters from wasting time typing stuff like this out in the event their idea was already suggestedNevermind... I was dumb and was looking at page 2 of the suggestion catagory ._.
I have no idea what to do with this now that I know I wasted my time making this... almost everything has already been suggested before ;_;

Don't get caught up on the fact that so much has already been suggested i mean you have great ideas i.e. your breathable gas my suggestion is ta just keep givving it a crack ay? oh btw i think you should try to make an addon based on yer gas idea n see how it goes ;)

BJ97

Apr 12, 2015
Australia
wait something just clicked ya know yer breathable gas choice stuff that could be an awesome tie in mod ta advanced genetics if you don't know what that mod is ya should look it up might be something ya like ;)

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Don't get caught up on the fact that so much has already been suggested i mean you have great ideas i.e. your breathable gas my suggestion is ta just keep givving it a crack ay? oh btw i think you should try to make an addon based on yer gas idea n see how it goes ;)
I would make an addon if I knew how to code java... I do know a bit but it's not enough to do anything significant, I can add a few blocks and recipes but that's about it xD

wait something just clicked ya know yer breathable gas choice stuff that could be an awesome tie in mod ta advanced genetics if you don't know what that mod is ya should look it up might be something ya like ;)
I already know that but I highly doubt ObsiLP will do such a thing and the galacticraft teams got their hands full with galacticraft, I would try learning some more advance java if I knew exactly what the devs for galacticraft did to make the oxygen system work or how to make my code intercept galacticraft in order to put my breathing system in place... beileve me, I would make an addon in a heartbeat but im still very limited in coding knowledge ;_;

BJ97

Apr 12, 2015
Australia
How about Mjrlegends, he made blank planet as a request and put it in the addons, maybe he can help us
EDIT: Maybe he can help you
^this sorta guy is very practical n very helpful he has a brilliant idea ;) but yeah addons would be a brilliant way to showcase your suggestion :p

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
How about Mjrlegends, he made blank planet as a request and put it in the addons, maybe he can help us
EDIT: Maybe he can help you
That might work if they are willing enough to help out, ive had an idea for a solar system addon as well that I once attempted to make... was too noobish at coding to do it, got as far as making some textures and coding the blocks + recipes before I hit a 'knowledge barrier'