Proud to announce: Preview of the Astro Miner

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Please test the latest updates to this in build 3.0.11.324 - http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/324/

Except for the missing GUI, and some minor visual artifacts (e.g. the scanning lasers don't look good enough yet, and the front laser is clipping on the base when it rotates to go back in) I think this is now finished.

Detailed description of how it is intended to operate: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Astro_Miner
I'd be really appreciative if people can test this now to make sure we thought of everything. Please test

1. Try to block it, mess up its route, and confuse it - do you see sensible messages in chat? Does it manage to "fix itself" if possible?

2. Try it on servers in multiplayer. Does it:
* properly respect GriefPrevention and WorldGuard and Factions and other plugins to stop in mining in places where it's not allowed
* properly stop and go dormant and invulnerable when its player goes offline (admins in Creative can still break it)
* is there anything else about it which might cause server owners to decide it's OP or dangerous and ban it?

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks pra. The recipe will be in NEI from version 3.0.12.340. For now, please use the Wiki to get the recipe - as you say, shift clicking should also work if you have the items.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Thanks pra. The recipe will be in NEI from version 3.0.12.340. For now, please use the Wiki to get the recipe - as you say, shift clicking should also work if you have the items.
I thought it was going to be obtained after defeating the boss of the asteroids? Or was that plan scratched? Either way that makes it faster for me to obtain it in survival so works for me!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Read the Wiki @Nick Killeen. Its schematic is obtained as a third drop from the Creeper Boss. The planned Asteroids boss will be for something else.

jonabrv2015

Aug 3, 2015
I was looking for meteorics in Moon... found a dungeon, (I guess is the 4th dungeon I get into) and, surprise!!!! after defeating the boss and looting the chest, I found the astro miner schematic!!! Ran to my base, check NEI and found the recipes (for base and robot) craft the thing!! and now I am in awe seeing this robot working! is a candy eye!!! the most beautiful thing (for a techie like me!!) I´ve seen in Minecraft!!! really really awsome!!... I just begin to work with this beautiful piece of machinery, I have to understand the mining patterns (if there are any :) have to test the connectivity with my somewhat big network of buildcraft/logistic pipes... nevertheless this robots is a delight to see!!!! Wonderlful job guys!!! (ah... forgot to mention, I'm playing 1.7.10 latests versions of everything in... SURVIVAL mode!!!!)

Reactions: Ezer'Arch