More Stations and/or planets

Sep 13, 2015
So I was thinkin' to myself, recalling that Venus would not be added. But then I thought to myself, "why not have a Station NEAR Venus?" The idea is that you have to have the same items required for an overworld station, and an item called "heat-shielding", which you must have somewhere around 32-48 pieces of. Thinking of this... who knows? Maybe in Galacticraft 6, you can head to Venus, but will die swiftly without special items... just saying. (I mean, the Asteroids don't even have an ATMOSPHERE. They're almost the exact definition of "deep space", but in a Solar System. Yes, that may have been a contradiction. But if you can have extreme cold, why not extreme heat?)

Moving on, each of the 4 planet-sized moons of Jupiter (Ganymede, Io, etc.) would be nigh unto perfect. The rings of Saturn, being largely made up of asteroids would make a nice second asteroid field, but with some changes which I haven't thought of yet. Admittedly, I don't really pay attention to news on the planets in real life, so 1 or more of these may not work. I'm just saying. Now, I shall fantasize about, years from now, adding another Solar System.... yeah, doubtful.

Anyone who wants to add their own suggestions here, feel free to.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingOres

Jul 11, 2015
Who said Venus wouldn't be added? Doesn't really make much sense that they added Mars and are planning the rest of our solar systems planets just to skip Venus

It was said Venus would not be added because of the extreme heat temperatures in the Q and A page

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
That's a lame reason. I mean, IRL Lava would kill you from distance, and here you can transport it in iron buckets.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
That's a lame reason. I mean, IRL Lava would kill you from distance, and here you can transport it in iron buckets.
Hey @radfast, I'm willing to trade "not adding Venus at all" for "not able to land on Venus surface".

“However, viewed in a different way, the problem with Venus is merely that the ground level is too far below the one atmosphere level. At cloud-top level, Venus is the paradise planet.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus#Aerostat_habitats_and_floating_cities
http://spacemonitor.blogspot.com/2007/05/floating-city-on-venus.html

KingOres

Jul 11, 2015

I agree it is only Minecraft everything does not have to be that realistic